Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

REALITY OF ILLEGALIMMIGRATION

I know I sound like a broken record, but I have to keep pounding this in the heads of our Representatives. So, I will apologize ahead of the post.
    ============

REALITY OF ILLEGALIMMIGRATION

Reality is that 20 million illegal aliens cannot be rounded up and deported.

Reality is that if our immigration laws against businesses are enforced they will come out of the shadows, they will leave and we will know who they are.

Reality is they should not be given amnesty or a path to citizenship and allowed to stay just because they are here and we cannot round them up and deport them because that will put them ahead of those who have been waiting to come here legally.

Reality is that because there are 20 million illegals here is the reason it takes so long for those who have been waiting by the law to come in legally. If they are allowed to stay they are already ahead of those who have been waiting for years. The difference is illegals are already here reaping the benefits this country has to offer and those waiting in the line in their country are not reaping the benefits.

I cannot understand why some of our representatives are working so hard to keep those who are illegal here when they can easily be replaces with American citizens or with legal immigrants. Whether they are from Mexico or not, just as long as they are legally admitted. Then we will know who is in the country. That is what we want isn’t it?

That is not the American or democratic way of dealing with immigration. That is an injustice that this country does not stand for and what our young men and women are fighting for and giving their lives for in Afghanistan and Iraq and have fought and given their lives for in all the previous wars.

Those who are here illegally has to be forced to leave and get in the real line behind those who are waiting legally. Forced to leave by attrition and replaced, if necessary, with those who have been waiting for years legally by the laws and American citizens who are in need of jobs. Anything else is unacceptable to the American people.

NO AMNESTY, NO PATH TO CITIZENSHIP

Don't apoligize. I like it. I will use it as a template to send another fax or email to my congressmen & women. Thanks

Just a question:
    When you say,
    Reality is that if our immigration laws against businesses are enforced they will come out of the shadows, they will leave and we will know who they are.
    are you thinking of fines against employers or imprisonment?

I've been of the opinion that fines, if huge, would be better since the cost of imprisoning people gets higher and higher. Fines could provide a source of funding for improved enforcement.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I agree enforcing employment laws would be a big step.

Enforcing traffic laws

Put them off the welfare rolls except for emergency food and medical care - then deportation.

All this would work - and work soon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: REALITY OF ILLEGALIMMIGRATION

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    I disagree with this, we could round them up and deport them if we wanted to, it is just that attrition through enforcement is easier and cheaper. Maybe you should change this to "difficult and expensive" instead of "cannot".

The 12-20 million number is so outdated. We need to get a newer, more accurate number before the presidential election. I want people to really know what they are actually doing when they vote for the democratic open borders ticket. It's probably more like 30-40 million by now.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    Just a question:
    When you say,
    are you thinking of fines against employers or imprisonment?

I've been of the opinion that fines, if huge, would be better since the cost of imprisoning people gets higher and higher. Fines could provide a source of funding for improved enforcement.
    I respectfully disagree, I think the thought of spending time in prison is more terrifying to the employers than a fine, no matter how huge.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would say, however, it would depend on the situation. The bad thing is I can see those who run big corporations and have the money to pay the right people would somehow get off - while the small business that just got desperate to stay in busines and be able to compete would get a long prison term.

It works that way.

dyehard39 wrote:

Bowman wrote:
    I disagree with this, we could round them up and deport them if we wanted to, it is just that attrition through enforcement is easier and cheaper. Maybe you should change this to "difficult and expensive" instead of "cannot".
    I totally agree with Bowman--this sounds like an argument to grant them amnesty. Rest of it is good.

"For an American citizen to vote as a German-American, an Irish-American, or an English-American, is to be a traitor to American institutions; and those hyphenated Americans who terrorize American politicians by threats of the foreign vote are engaged in treason to the American Republic." -- Theodore Roosevelt, 1915.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by TexasCowgirl
    The 12-20 million number is so outdated. We need to get a newer, more accurate number before the presidential election. I want people to really know what they are actually doing when they vote for the democratic open borders ticket. It's probably more like 30-40 million by now.
    I've seen where the numbers are more like 38 million. If we give 1 million illegals amnesty with chain-migration, that's equals 30 million!

Are we really that stupid of a country? We here aren't.

Fun pages if you haven't seen them:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/galle ... war_costs/

realtime

http://illegal.globalincidentmap.com/home.php
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast