Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I honestly believe that 20 million illegal aliens cannot be rounded up and deported. I think it is not a reality and impossible to do. That is why pro-illegal immigrants bring it to the forefront all the time. How can it be done, how long would it take and how much would it cost? It is not a reality and it is not necessary when enforcement would get the job done much easierand cheaper.
    I believe fines, imprisonment and conficating of business goes along with enforcement.

I respectfully disagree, I think the thought of spending time in prison is more terrifying to the employers than a fine, no matter how huge.
    Prison and conficating business is terrifying but fines would work and the business would continue and unemployed Americans and legal immigrants would be put to work.
    When we make demands that are not capable or reasonable to be done, we get nothing done, but if demands are capable of getting done we are more likely to get it done.
    Enforcement covers a lot of ground. When we began to demand they be rounded up, put on busses and deported, taken off of welfare, stop emergency treatments, not renting to them, etc we are likely to get nothing done.
    With enforcement of our immigration laws, they will not be able to work. feed their families, pay their rent and they will have to leave. It works and we should ask for more enforcement aid and ICE agents the right for state and local officials to assist ICE.

Oh, I think deportations could be done and could work. I am not ready to say our government can't defend itself if it wanted and that is what is being said when we say we cannot round them up. If one is speaking physically.

I do think, however, that interior enforcement, is the key. Cut out the jobs - fine the employers - fine them big time and a prison term if they don't reform. I would rather see them personally fined and the money given back to our school systems, infrastructure, etc.

Enforce our traffic laws - impound those cars. They are not going to stay where they know they will loose those autos.

Cut out the freebies. While many do come to work - they come because they know that no matter what, they won't starve, they will have medical care and their kids will be educated. We need to stop that - except for emergency medical care and food - and quick deportation.

Enforce the tax laws. If they have been working and not paying taxes, then charge them with that, as well as taking freebies illegally, etc., that will give them a record and they will never get citizenship - theoretically.
    Coming here may not be a felony - but the things they have done, the monies they have gotten through fraudulent means certainly constitutes a felony.

If those things are done - and done right and done across the board, many will go home. I am a little puzzled by the raids and investigations. They seem kinda spotty and I can't understand why they are not going after the really big guys.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Enforce our traffic laws - impound those cars. They are not going to stay where they know they will loose those autos.
    That is a waste of time, when they do not all drive or have cars. And they would have to be stopped for a violation. They cannot be stopped just because the look illegal. Those that drive are very careful with their driving so as not to be stopped.

Oh, I think deportations could be done and could work. I am not ready to say our government can't defend itself if it wanted and that is what is being said when we say we cannot round them up. If one is speaking physically.
    If we ask for them to be rounded up and deported, how likely are we to get that done?
    Enforcement, we have demanded, it is being done and it works.

As for rounding them up, I am not talking about what our government will do. It just bothers me when people say 'it can't be done'. That just feeds the 'other side' as it is their mantra. It can be done.

As for not driving cars, come to Texas. The first thing they do within weeks, or as soon as they get enough for a down payment is purchase a vehicle.

As for driving safely, read about the dead Americans from DUI - and talk to us in Texas about how our insurance has risen to cover the uninsured drivers in Texas.

They may not drive where you live, but in Texas, they do, and I think they do in most other states.

I'm not asking that they be 'racial profiled' - just enforce the laws across the board. I ask that they have to obey the same laws as Americans. I don't know about other places, but Texas LE quite often ignore a car driven by someone they suspect is illegal.

I saw this happen on the interstate. There were 3 vans, one in tow. None of them had any license plates and no window stickers, and appeared to be loaded to the gills with household goods. There were being driven by two hispanics. Now anything or anyone could have been in those vans. A DPS officer passed all three, didn't stop them. He did go on down the road about a half mile or so and pulled over a nice automobile that looked as if they could/would pay a fine.

Interior enforcement is happening to a point - but the 100 here, 20 there will not get the job done - not in 40 years at that rate.

I am grateful for what is being done - but am trying to get a handle on the methodology here.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They may not drive where you live, but in Texas, they do, and I think they do in most other states.

I'm not asking that they be 'racial profiled' - just enforce the laws across the board. I ask that they have to obey the same laws as Americans. I don't know about other places, but Texas LE quite often ignore a car driven by someone they suspect is illegal.

They do drive, but many of them do not. How do you suspect someone is illegal without racial profiling?
    Druck driving is another thing, but it is too late when the are stopped and there have to be a violation to stop them.

As for rounding them up, I am not talking about what our government will do. It just bothers me when people say 'it can't be done'. That just feeds the 'other side' as it is their mantra. It can be done.

Why waste time demanding that they be rounded up and deported when we know it is not going to be done. It is not a matter of "they can" or "they cannot" be deported but if they will.
    I want to concentrate and spend my time on what can be done as well as what we can get done.
    Enforcement can be done and is being done and it is getting around that it is happening and they are running scared and some are afraid to go to work and are leaving. I say keep up enforcement, add more ICE agents. More cities and states are doing enforcement and it is working.
    It is wiser to do what we know works instead of wasting time on something that is not going to happen.

Lighten up!!

I am not advocating the law be enforced any differently for illegals than it is for Americans - nothing more. If they would do that, it would help a lot.

Here in Texas, and other places I have seen, the illegals drive. That the the first thing they do when they get a few paychecks in their pockets. That's a fact and enforcing the traffic laws would help. I saw a couple of dozen, working at one store in NJ, come out and climb into vehicles.

My goodness, haven't you heard the weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth when they set up a license and insurance roadblock. Remember some time ago when they did and the people in CA were up in arms because their workers didn't show up for work.

Yes, they drive, they drive in great numbers and they would not want to stay where they knew they were in danger of loosing those vehicles.

Even many of the men who stand in the groups looking for work have vehicles.

As for the drunk driving, I was just citing instances of illegals driving - maybe I didn't make myself clear.

I'm trying to understand why anyone would find fault with enforcing traffic laws - equally across the board?

As for the enforcement that is going on - from you lips to God's ear - I'm waiting to see.

To say, however, that they can't be rounded up is, as I said, playing into Mexico's hands. They are repeating that over and over and over again. I am not about to add to their garbage.

Not only do they drive, but they also transport other illegals. Get them for that.

Every one of the cars, vans, trucks is loaded with people beyond the normal capacity. Stop one car, get 6 illegals. Deport the car load.. You do not get to go home, you do not get to go to the bank, go straight to Mexico with the shirt on your back.

I also see them in dozens of new vans, cars and trucks. That is how I know they are not making minimum wages.

I too, am tired of the excuses. Shake them up, show them you mean business. Show them they will not thumb their noses at our laws. If they lied to get here, all bets are off, they should be given no slack.

Get started deporting, if arrested for no serious crime, straight road to deportion, via bus. Put a sensor around their ankles. REmove them when they get to the border. Send the buses in caravan. Show it on the news, over and over.

I bet after a few dozen news stories from all parts of the country, showing illegals on buses, being deported, are seen on Naitonal TV, they will pack in the dead of night, with their money and kids, and get the hell out, al on their own.

At the same time arrest anyone who employs them. Make the Corporation Owner, plus anyone directly connected with hiring them, supervising them, subject to arrest. BIG FINES, equal to what that employee should make, plus double it. No one will soon want to work for these corporations and run the risk.

I don't care if it is a gradual deportation, as we find them. I think we will get more and more creative with how to get them out of here. How about fill up a couple of train cars and run an extra deportation train a couple of times a week. Have night raids where they live and congregate. There are even nightclubs here that have 2000 people in them on any given night, mostly illegals. Raid them.

Create legitimate Fear, that they will be arrested and deported sooner, than later. Every 90 days increase the fines and penalties, if they are still found and caught. Tell them if they go during the initial 30 day period, they can bring their belonging and money with them. After that, all bets are off.

They are criminals, treat them like criminals. But be fair. Give them a big fat broadcasted warning.

I bet some of them would be running for the border the same way they came in. Most will leave with more than they brought with them.

It took 10 years for them to all get here, I bet we could get half of them out in the first year.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast