Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Offer Rewards. They will be turning each other in. Money talks.

We also ought to have the right to confiscate any money taxes are not paid on, just like illegal drug money.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

It was tried once before- in the '50s, under the Eisenhower administration, there was "Operation W@tback" (yes that is what it was called so my apologies if anyone is offended - and the correct spelling was stripped out of my original post - imagine that....)

I believe it can be done again, albeit a whole lot more tactfully than what happened in the '50s.

Funny thing - our economy did not collapes back then, just as it would not now either.

Quote Originally Posted by shaba137
    It was tried once before- in the '50s, under the Eisenhower administration, there was "Operation W@tback" (yes that is what it was called so my apologies if anyone is offended - and the correct spelling was stripped out of my original post - imagine that....)

I believe it can be done again, albeit a whole lot more tactfully than what happened in the '50s.

Funny thing - our economy did not collapes back then, just as it would not now either.

I think that is what is happening. Enforcement is causing them to self deport. But 20 million plus is quite different the the amount deported or self deported in the 1900s and 1954. Enforcement is deportation and they are leaving.
    Economy would not collapse if they are replaced. Jobs were needed for the troops that were returning from the war. They were only here in the first place to fill the gap that troops left by going to war.

Operation Wetback was a 1. 1954 project of the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) to remove about 1.2 million illegal immigrants from the southwestern United States, with a focus on Mexican nationals.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wetback

During the Great Depression, when dust bowl farmers from Texas and Oklahoma poured into California, Mexicans were unneeded. Between 1929 and 1935, more than 415,000 Mexicans were expelled and thousands more left voluntarily. The legal pretext for deportation was that many Mexicans lacked proof of legal residency (even though no visa had been necessary prior to 1929).
    http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/mexica ... .cfm?id=92

To say that 20 million illegals cannot be rounded up and deported may enable them or their supporters because they feel it is not going to be done, but enforcement does get them scared because they know it can be done and it is being done.
    Enforcement against workplaces is deportation without have to search them out in every nook and cranny, wait for traffic violations, put them on busses, trains and planes and physically deporting them. Jobs is one of the incentives that bring them here. Once they know they cannot work, they cannot eat, pay the rent and they will have to leave. Every family has a member that works and every illegal will be affected. Enforcement bring them out of the shadows eliminate the need to do much of anything else.
    Still there will be those who will have to go through the courts before they are deported. But I still believe enforcement is the way to go. Once workplace enforcement is taken seriously, majority will self deport. It has not gotten to that point because they believe they can stop workplace raids and deportations.
    Enforcement bring them out of the shadows and it works and that is why illegals and their supporters are against it.
    Georgia last year passed tough immigration laws. As such, the illegals are complaining they cannot get jobs, drivers license, benefits. And now they are leaving by the droves for other states or even back to Mexico.
    If the country as a whole would adopt the same measures, they would leave on their own accord (and it would lessen the desire for future illegals to come here).
    Politicians make this so complicated when its not. Cut off the incentive, they will leave and its less likely more would come.
    There is a list of things that could be done to discourage them to leave and not to come but workplace enforcement would eliminate the need to do lots of them.

Either way deportation is done, it will not be a piece of cake.
    I am in no way for amnesty and no one works harder than I do against illegal immigration, so to say what I my suggestion looks like amnesty is absurd. I am a victim of illegal immigration directly and indirectly.
    And in some way it affect everyone of us and we should look for the best way to make it go away. If rounding the up, loading them on busses works, so be it as long as they go away. The thought of doing it any way scares me.
    There are other avenues that I could suggest but the board will not allow them to be posted and I should not even be thinking it but I am very angry.

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    I honestly believe that 20 million illegal aliens cannot be rounded up and deported. I think it is not a reality and impossible to do. That is why pro-illegal immigrants bring it to the forefront all the time. How can it be done, how long would it take and how much would it cost? It is not a reality and it is not necessary when enforcement would get the job done much easierand cheaper.
    I believe fines, imprisonment and conficating of business goes along with enforcement.
    I feel they will deport themselves when they have no job or welfare.........
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedAmerican
    I honestly believe that 20 million illegal aliens cannot be rounded up and deported. I think it is not a reality and impossible to do. That is why pro-illegal immigrants bring it to the forefront all the time. How can it be done, how long would it take and how much would it cost? It is not a reality and it is not necessary when enforcement would get the job done much easierand cheaper.
    I believe fines, imprisonment and conficating of business goes along with enforcement.
    I feel they will deport themselves when they have no job or welfare.........
    No Anchor babies and no hope of amnesty, they will all be gone.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: REALITY OF ILLEGALIMMIGRATION

Reality is that [b]20 million illegal aliens cannot be rounded up and deported.
    that is flat out untrue and wrong to even be saying.

I don't like your politically correct version of what can and cannot be done by US citizens.

fact is, we could deport ALL illegals in no more than one year if we had elected officials who were really serious about doing it, like we had back in the 1950's with Ike and his administration.

don't water down our message with your PC weakness please. we don't need weakness, we are fighting enough of that already.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123