Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: God this is disappointing

Quote Originally Posted by smcpatrick
    I've received so many positives regarding passage of SB 2988. How can it come to this?

Indiana failed because of three men. Pathetic. What a pathetic show of support for it's own citizens. Popular vote defeated once again by a lobbyist. Popular vote doesn't mean jack in this country. Obviously the majority does not rule.

I'm disgusted.
    Does our vote really count anymore? Not sure it does.How did Mclame get the republican nommination?

When I called the governor's office I told the women who answered the phone that I wanted to remind the governor of his campaign promise and to sign the bill SB 2988, I also asked if the phones were ringing off the hook and she said NO. I do not know if that is true but we must keep up this fight and keep bugging these people.
    Huddy

Quote Originally Posted by Huddy
    When I called the governor's office I told the women who answered the phone that I wanted to remind the governor of his campaign promise and to sign the bill SB 2988, I also asked if the phones were ringing off the hook and she said NO. I do not know if that is true but we must keep up this fight and keep bugging these people.

Welcome Huddy to Alipac.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WELCOME TO ALIPAC " Huddy" thanks for joining in and helping out!!Don't trust what the staffers tell you, can't trust them!!

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK EVERYONE LET THEM KNOW YOU ARE MAD AS HELL AND NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!

THE GOVERNOR NEEDS TO SIGN THIS FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!

IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE YOUR CALL PLEASE DO!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I called. Still no answer. Watch the evening news!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I emailed Rep. Pelath about this bill and received a reply to say that he did vote in favor of the bill and that I had been misinformed.
    If this is the case his name should be removed for the list of those that voted against it.

cantor,

That's Bull. If he had signed it, it would have passed.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-108296.html
    A last-ditch attempt Friday to resurrect the legislation failed when Sen. Thomas K. Weatherwax, R-Logansport, and Rep. Scott Pelath, D-Michigan City, refused to sign off on a proposed compromise.
    Dixie

Just so you know

Thought you all might want to know...

This bill will more than likely get vetoed due to perceived flaws and may not come back up again until the May special session.

I don't mean to be Captain Bring-down however, you can keep calling but it likely will get you nowhere.

Be hopeful. Pray for the best. Prepare for the worst.

Check on his vote

Quote Originally Posted by cantor

I emailed Rep. Pelath about this bill and received a reply to say that he did vote in favor of the bill and that I had been misinformed.
    If this is the case his name should be removed for the list of those that voted against it.
    There is usually a state legislative website or something that publicly records how they vote. You can check to see if he is telling the truth or just playing semantics.

This is the wording of the e-mail that I got from Scott Pelath.

I voted in favor of the House-passed version of SB 345. It contained strong language to crack down on the employers of illegal labor. More importantly, it contained dollars to help our state enforce the new law.
    At the end of the session, some wanted me to agree to a final version of SB 345 that contained no money for enforcement - in other words, a toothless tiger. I would not submit to such a change, and I insisted that the Senate simply agree with the House's version of the bill. Had they done so, we would have had immigration reform in Indiana.

It was signed by Scott Pelath

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast