Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Reid, Nevada: Says he needs only 5 votes?

On the aol message board, a poster wrote the following. I am paraphrasing:

Reid, Nevada, says he has 7 votes for CLOTURE, and he needs only 5 more.

Reid said on a Spanish-speaking station in Los Angeles that he has 7 Republican votes and he only needs 5 more Republican votes for CLOTURE.

Anyone else heard about Reid and his need for only 5 more votes? mirse

I find that hard to believe.

Plus, he needs a total of 15 votes doesnt he?

Lord Help America if it is true and who are the other six traitors other than Warner.

Quote Originally Posted by the_patriot
    I find that hard to believe.

Plus, he needs a total of 15 votes doesnt he?
    I think that he might be counting on ALL the democrats voting for CLOTURE this time.

I believe that last time, some Democrats DID NOT vote for CLOTURE.

If ALL the democrats vote for CLOTURE, and if, according to my math, 10 to 15 Republicans vote for CLOTURE, then this terrible Kennedy immigration bill will pass.

So, if Reid says he has 7 more Republicans voting for CLOTURE, then he could be right when he says he needs only 5 more.

He only needs 60 votes for CLOTURE.

After CLOTURE is passed, then a simply majority will pass this Kennedy immigration bill, that is, Reid will not need 60 votes anymore, as I understand it. mirse

mirse

The Loon Speaks

Harry Reid and Nevada Employers Need a Huge dose of Reality! With Nevada being Number 1 in home forclosures, the number of Homeless Americans and Veterans of the United States Military and the Nevada policy of "Black Listing" Americans that Dis agree with any of them on topics of Fair Employment, Unemployment and Workmen's Compensation! He is a Dictator that does not belive in any form of equality for Americans and certainly No fairness in judicial issues....Think about that in the Upcoming Elections. Maybe he and others should be deported to Russia or tried for TREASON!

it was 45-50 against. 5 not voting.
    so he needs to find 15 votes to come over to the yes side to
    change the vote to reach the 60 needed to move on.
    i dont think 15 people are going to vote on this shamnesty
    of course till Wyoming decides who to send to DC to take the place of the passing senator from last week, there are onyl 98 total votes in the senate because of Johnson's brain hemmorige last december

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    of course till Wyoming decides who to send to DC to take the place of the passing senator from last week, there are onyl 98 total votes in the senate because of Johnson's brain hemmorige last december
    I'm surprised no one else is bringing this up. Surely they can't legitmately pass bills if all Senators aren't available.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    On the news today, Thursday, it says that Reid, Nevada, has agreed to open the immigration bill again.

So, it is obvious that Reid has his 5 votes to pass CLOTURE, or he is very close to getting the 5 votes.

I wonder who those 5 votes will be.

One pro-immigration bill Senator claimed that CLOTURE will pass with a vote of 65 votes, which is 5 more than Reid needs.

It looks pretty bad for those of us who hate this terrible Kennedy immigration bill. mirse