Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Renting to Illegal Aliens

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/art ... l?id=33481

by Stephan Andrew Brodhead
    Renting to illegal immigrants a heads up
    July 26, 2008 10:00 AM EST

Leasing to Illegal immigrants

Leasing laws in the state of Washington are fairly reasonable. They do have discrimination laws also. For the most part, we use craigslist to rent out our properties. We are not racist, and do not discriminate based on color etc. We base most of our rental decisions on credit and rental history.

Although we are renting to two very good Latino families at present, we have been really trounced by previous illegal aliens.

Latinos have been a part of America since the 1500s. Every city in the United States has countless fully assimilated and established Latino communities. Latinos and all manner of different cultures in the U.S. nourish our democracy with their goodness. Republicans make a distinction between legal Latinos and Illegal Latinos. Democrats do not.

We had rented to a woman who was a legal Mexican immigrant. She was very charming and a very good renter at first, but spoke very little English. Her husband as she called him showed up a little time later. She asked us to do a letter of recommendation on his character for the immigration department after several months, which we were happy to do. I believe he was then able to become a citizen.

A year or so later, the husband called me and told me he was buying a house. I congratulated him and applied their last months rent. We found plenty of damage and abnormal wear and tear when they moved out. He didn't feel that the damage to house was caused by him and became nasty with me. That is until we started getting DSHS checks in the rentals mailbox because they forgot to forward the mail. I called them and told them I had their government check. It seems that even though they both had good jobs, she never acknowledged the fact that he was her husband in Mexico. She was still getting a $700 government paycheck and using it to buy a house.

We later found out that they had rented the large 24 by 40 garage to no less than 2 other illegal families. Hence, three families, a total of 15 to 18 people were using one kitchen and one bathroom.

We will rent to all people, but now we dig a little deeper when it comes to Individuals that cannot speak English. This type of renter behavior is not fair to legal latino families that work hard, pay their bills, pay their taxes and raise law abiding families. This is not fair to established latino families that have worked decades to establish businesses, send their children to good schools, and have youngsters that are serving in Iraq.

Republicans make a distinction, while Democrats do not. This is just a heads up.

We later found out that they had rented the large 24 by 40 garage to no less than 2 other illegal families. Hence, three families, a total of 15 to 18 people were using one kitchen and one bathroom.
    In almost every local municipality in the country that is a code violation.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We had one duplex near me in Florida where they hung blue tarps and then ran an extension cord out to various units they had constructed behind and on both sides of the duplex. They used coffee cans as their toliet and usually grilled outside......had to be 30 people between the 2 and these were 1 bedroom duplexes. Complete with chickens. Yet they would fine people if they parked their RV in their yard. Again....there were rules but for some reason, they suddenly stopped enforcing them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    We had one duplex near me in Florida where they hung blue tarps and then ran an extension cord out to various units they had constructed behind and on both sides of the duplex. They used coffee cans as their toliet and usually grilled outside......had to be 30 people between the 2 and these were 1 bedroom duplexes. Complete with chickens. Yet they would fine people if they parked their RV in their yard. Again....there were rules but for some reason, they suddenly stopped enforcing them.
    They stopped enforcing them since many illegal aliens will sue at the drop of a hat, citing "race" discrimination. Our justice system is easy to game and the illegals could care less that taxpayers have to foot the bill. Town councils do not have the balls to stand their ground against these shysters.

Towns should be able to sue tenants/landlords and make THEM pay court costs.
    "

There are strict codes on this, but the enforcer of the code usually own the property. Dare I say, more

CALL ICE

These illegal usually only get to use the physical property in 8 hour shifts to only sleep.

For the past several years, Farmers Branch, TX, has TRIED to OUTLAW renting to ILLEGALS, but so far the COURTS have blocked EVERY attempt to do so. However, the new mayor of FB, Mr. Tim O'Hare, remains determined. He told me that NO matter HOW many times they may have to go back to SQUARE ONE, the current immigration laws WILL be enforced on HIS watch!

well at least the profit made by "profiteering" , renting to a undetermined # of IA 's, will pay for some or all of the damage made to the rental. who knows what went on during thier stay,drop house????

AE

So far in our complex, at least lately, there has not been the problem of three of four families living to one unit. For a short time, there had been this problem, but this landlord started making waves and people started leaving, and most of the real problem families left.

Though, my mother said her boss owns several rentals in the town she lives and works in (where the comany business is) and he rents to the illegals he employs, and they do have sometimes two families to a duplex (two bedroom one bath). He does not seem to mind as he is getting his rent......
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€