Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

April

Republican calls on Napolitano to resign

Republican calls on Napolitano to resign
    By Jordan Fabian - 12/29/09 02:32 PM ET
    Rep. Dan Burton (R-Ind.) on Tuesday became the first lawmaker to call on Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano to resign after the recent attempted airline bombing.

The veteran member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee called for Napolitano's ouster in the wake of the attack on the Northwest Airlines flight on Christmas Day.

Earlier this year, some Republicans called on Napolitano to step down after her agency issued a report warning of the dangers of right wing "extremists."

Burton made his remarks on Twitter:

Secretary Janet Napolitano should resign, saying ‘the system worked,’ undermines the confidence of Americans #redin #tcot

Napolitano came under fire after she said Sunday that "the system worked," noting the crew of Flight 253 "took appropriate action" to address the terrorist plot as it unfolded.

But her remarks were met with instant criticism, prompting the Homeland Security chief to clarify herself during a round of media appearances Monday morning.

The secretary then conceded on Monday that the system did not work.

“Our system did not work in this instance," Napolitano told "The Today Show." "I think the comment is being taken out of context."

Other Republicans, such as House intelligence committee ranking member Pete Hoekstra (R-Mich.), have criticized the handling of the attempted bombing, saying that the administration has not done enough to address terrorist threats on the United States.

The Obama administration and several congressional committees have said they will launch full investigations into the attack allegedly carried out by 23-year-old Nigerian Umar Abdul Farouk Adbulmutallab.

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs over the weekend stressed that the attack should be a "nonpartisan issue."

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... uld-resign

What is partisan about pointing out a person's complete ineptitude to perform one of the most responsible positions in this country? And there should be a brave Democrat or two that believes the same, but won't speak out when campaign dollars are at stake.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

FIRE this incompetent Biotch. NOW

I read somewhere today that she might step down so that she could be nominated for the SCOTUS. Can you say "HORROR SHOW?"

I read somewhere today that she might step down so that she could be nominated for the SCOTUS. Can you say "HORROR SHOW?"

I found it:

http://thenewamerican.com/index.php/usn ... reme-court

Ugggggg Sotomayor AND Napolitano BOTH on the SCOTUS.

Lord help us.

I knew Nappy was totally wrong for the job when she once said, "You show me a 50-foot high border wall, and I'll show you a 51-foot ladder". She's admitting defeat before she even started her new job as head of DHS! She might as well be saying, "We cannot stop foreign Nationals from illegally entering the US, so why bother trying?".

I read an article recently which said that Napolitano is working with some public officials on an Amnesty bill this Spring. She should stay out of this. She is not a legislator. We need a DHS leader who will concentrate their resources on keeping America safe. We could prevent future terrorist attacks, and secure our borders.

Secretary Janet Napolitano should be removed! Her job is to secure this nations borders and enforce this nation's immigration laws.

Instead, she spends her time denigrating American citizens, as well as constructing politically correct euphemisms to protect terrorists and illegals. In addition she has met with every OBL group she can find in an effort to promote amnesty, thereby undermining our laws, as well as her duties to enforce that law.

This woman is a disgrace and needs to go. She would be better suited for a position at CAIR or la raza.

April
    I knew Nappy was totally wrong for the job when she once said, "You show me a 50-foot high border wall, and I'll show you a 51-foot ladder". She's admitting defeat before she even started her new job as head of DHS! She might as well be saying, "We cannot stop foreign Nationals from illegally entering the US, so why bother trying?".
    She was letting us know she was NOT going to do anything about the illegal invasion so she gave her excuse to begin with.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast