Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

B_O

Response from US Represenative Eddie Bernice Johnson

Dear

Thank you for writing me regarding your thoughts on the conviction of former U.S. Border Patrol Agents Jose Alonso Compean and Ignacio Ramos. I appreciate you taking the time to contact me regarding this important issue.

As you may already know, on February 17, 2005 former U.S. Border Patrol Agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean were on duty along the U.S./Mexican border when they were involved in the shooting of a Mexican national who was allegedly transporting marijuana. According to the U.S. Department of Justice's Western District of Texas Attorney Johnny Sutton both Agents were convicted and sentenced because "they had fired their weapons at a man who had attempted to surrender by holding his open hands in the air." Based on the evidence presented at the two-week trial, a jury unanimously found both defendants guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of eleven of the twelve counts.

According to U.S. Attorney Sutton, the laws of the United States make it a crime for law enforcement to use excessive force in apprehending suspects. It is also a violation of any person's Constitutional rights to shoot at them after they have attempted to surrender, knowing that they are unarmed and pose no danger to the officers or anyone else. As a Member of Congress, I strongly believe that the rule of law should be upheld to all persons. Hence, I have confidence that both the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. court system have done their duty in order to uphold justice and liberties and rights of all involved in this matter.

Again, thank you for contacting me about this important issue. Please fell free to contact me in the future about any matter that is important to you.

Sincerely,

Eddie Bernice Johnson
    Member of Congress

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Another waste of Oxygen

Another Congress woman that is smoking crack
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Can she read???????????????????What Rock is she living under
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Washington, D.C
    1511 Longworth House Office Building
    Washington, DC 20515
    Phone: (202) 225-8885
    Fax: (202) 226-1477

District Office
    Dallas Office:
    3102 Maple Avenue
    Suite 600
    Dallas, TX 75201
    Phone: (214) 922-8885

know its late, but i just called and left messages at both numbers
    and said you need to talk with Ted Poe, Duncan Hunter, Tom Tancredo, John Culberson, Michael McCaul, and Dana Rohrabacher

I ended it with saying if you BELIEVE THIS... then you will also believe another federal government lie.............. the WARREN REPORT