Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Is this rocket science ? What am I not getting

I know this has come up here many times but I'm not getting it.

I've not seen it in any newspaper , I've not seen it on Fox news , and of course not an any of the msm

We have about 30 million illegals in this country, about 20 million of them hold jobs , about 18 million of them hold GOOD jobs

Now we have millions out of work and sucking welfare and un employment

You would think the answer is to kick out the illegals , the jobs open up

Now we have jobs they say Americans won't do ? Well if you want to keep collecting welfare or a portion of it , make these jobs mandatory for a portion of their welfare checks.

The system is broken because NOBODY wants to fix it

<------see avatar.

Makes you bonkers doesn't it??
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

According to Mr. Obama's speech today there are only 11 million illegals in the U.S.

The liberal argument that I heard against that in the 70's is that by making them work for their welfare you have made them slaves.

No concept of us being made slaves to their neediness.

No studies showing what working citizens have sacrificed in terms of education, infrastructure - or what the nation has sacrificed.

Doing the math and use of common sense logic would take us where we need to go but you are correct - all are avoiding it like the plague.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

"According to Mr. Obama's speech today there are only 11 million illegals in the U.S."

Yes we are having to enact laws and create budgets in order to just truly count them - nobody really knows.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/curbi ... /19537823/

Will Curbing Illegal Immigration Harm the Economy?
    By BRUCE KENNEDY
    Posted 6:30 AM 07/01/10

Nearly everyone in the U.S. seems to agree the nation's immigration polices and enforcement methods are broken. According to a recent New York Times/CBS News poll, 45% of those surveyed believe America's immigration policy needs some "fundamental changes" -- while 44% say it should be completely rebuilt.

And nearly three-quarters of those polled agreed with the statement that "illegal immigrants do more to weaken the U.S. economy because they don't all pay taxes but can use public services."

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), which "seeks to improve border security, to stop illegal immigration, and to promote immigration levels consistent with the national interest", says undocumented immigrants impose a significant economic burden on local communities. FAIR estimates the current cost of illegal immigration on local community budgets for just three civic programs -- primary and secondary schools, medical emergency room services and incarceration -- comes to about $36 billion a year.

"Because the burden is related to the low wages earned by this population and that is unlikely to change as long as the earnings do not rise more than inflation," says the organization's website, "any Congressional amnesty-type action that incorporates these foreign workers and allows or admits additional ones will not only perpetuate the fiscal burden, it will increase it."

Reagan's Amnesty Failed to Curb Illegals

Immigrant amnesty is a hot-button topic these days. In 1986, President Ronald Reagan signed into law the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA). That bill gave amnesty to many undocumented immigrants in the U.S., while making it illegal to knowingly hire or recruit illegals.

Regina Germain, an adjunct professor at the University of Denver's Strum College of Law, was a law student when IRCA went into effect. It offered a quid pro quo, she says: "We'll legalize people who are already here.... I think three million people were legalized. And to prevent further people from coming...we'll require all employers to check employment authorization, and that way there will be no more illegal immigration."

But nearly a quarter-century later, she says, "there are, by some estimates, 20 million undocumented people here [and] there wouldn't be 20 million people here if there weren't some way for them to work."

Immigrants' Major Economic Contribution

Professor Germain understands the anger directed towards undocumented immigrants but points to certain realities. Removing that population would not only be very difficult, she warns, but would also have a major impact on the overall U.S. economy.

"[These] people pay taxes here," she says, "and often their employers will deduct taxes from their pay that they can never recover through Social Security. So there's this idea out there that people aren't contributing. People think... the kids who are undocumented or their parents are undocumented, they're not paying for the school. And I'm thinking, they're paying property taxes because they pay rent or they own a home. They pay rent; the property owner uses a portion of that rent money to pay for his property taxes. So there's a perception that people aren't paying or sustaining themselves here, which I think is unfair and untrue."

"I represent immigrants from all over the world," says Margaret Choi, partner with the Denver-based firm Lau & Choi P.C. "I think one thing that stands out is that they're very, very hardworking, very honest and want to have a good family."

Choi says a growing number of her clients are undocumented immigrants who are seeking the American Dream but have been caught up in the nation's stricter, post-9/11 immigration laws. "I'm sure there are some bad apples," she says, "but the majority of them [are] very nice people, good people, good citizens."

Choi says many of her clients are doing hard, unwanted, minimum-wage jobs at the bottom of the employment heap -- such as restaurant dishwasher, hotel maid, cleaners and janitors.

"Also, these people, they're good consumers," she says. "They purchase a lot. They like to buy things, maybe send it back home or take it back home for their own use. But they spend a lot of money in the U.S."

Media-Fueled Misconceptions

Professor Germain blames media coverage on immigration issues for muddying some of those perceptions -- like the "anchor baby" idea, that an undocumented woman who gives birth in the U.S. is automatically allowed to stay. "I suppose you can call it an 'anchor baby' if you can wait 21 years, till the child can petition for you," she says wryly.

"People make that misconception. As an attorney, a lot of people come to me and say: 'Can't I stay? I have a baby here.' No, the law doesn't give you the right to stay because you have a baby here. It almost seems like the press is fueling the opposite [idea], making people think that they can stay if they have a baby here when in reality they can't."

She says the U.S. has a history of giving out conflicting messages to immigrants. "It's like our border has two signs," she says, "'Keep Out' and 'Help Wanted'. "

"Several years ago, I took a tour of Ellis Island," she says. "And the people that give the tours say: 'Well, we'd like to tell you we were opening up our borders to the refugees of the world, to the downtrodden, but the fact is we needed workers and we brought these people in [to the U.S.] to work.' We still need those workers, it's just that we haven't recognized that fact in our law. We haven't enabled enough people to navigate the law to come here to work [legally], to do the jobs they're currently doing."

Welcome to the new "diverse" America! How do you like it?

Until the "State of National Emergency" is undeclared we will continue to live in a dictatorship. It is just that simple. The odds are that since Obama is not legally eligible and will not pass the new laws that will require him to prove his citizenship for reelection...he will probably use the state of war clause that says that no new elections will happen thereby allowing him and congress to stay in office indefinitely.

State of national emergency From Source Watch

"According to the United States Constitution, Article 1, only Congress shall make federal law. However, since the War and Emergency Powers Act of 1933, every president has usurped lawmaking powers. Their 'laws' are called Executive Orders (EOs). These EOs, not our Constitution, are what is governing America today. The War and Emergency Powers Act enables ... the president to declare a national emergency, and thereby become a dictator."[1]

"Presidents can also carefully choose their words and declare a war on anything, in order to give them dictatorial control. For example, the War on Drugs makes it possible to use federal authorities, such as FBI, FEMA, BATF, and the military against American citizens. A well-known example is Waco. Another example is Hurricane Opal. After Florida was declared a nation emergency, the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) arrived on the scene and residents were placed under marshal law (restricted to the point of not going outside their door). When the federal government does this, it is going against the Constitution. The War and Emergency Powers Act is an unconstitutional act on the part of our government, created so that presidents can bypass Congress, and do whatever they choose."[2]

"It also makes it possible to do away with posse comitatus in cases of 'emergency'. Posse comitatus is what protects American citizens from the military being used against them."[3]
    http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?ti ... _emergency

Banned
    Diversity is a liberal concept , Not an American concept , it also has roots in communism , not meaning diverse in ethnicity or race buy diverse meaning all are equal in (poverty?) Diverse means the sewer worker gets the same as the college professor or brain surgeon.

The progressives have twisted the meaning into something equally as hideous.

11 Million illegals? , there are at least that many just in Calif

America is not a diversity concept as they define it , America is "Out of many , One"

We do not and are not suppose to celebrate diversity , we are to celebrate America and the equality for everyone, Not hundreds of languages , not ethnic enclaves , not racist policies and affirmative actions that give preference to one race over another
    That isn't even close to what America should be.