Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We have settled for easy and fast instead of education to take ourselves further. Our education system has put illegals and them learning English before teaching our children. That is part of the problem here in the states.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    Americans need to start getting smart right about now

Just as an example

If somebody was to start a company manufacturing toys in
    this country , and could advertise "made in America" they
    may just clean up

People are sick of cheap shoddy garbage coming from
    China

There must be many opportunities for people to cash in
    on this type of thing , I bet there is a great market for honest
    made in America products
    I couldn't agree more...put the over seas manufatures out of business in the states.. Let them sell to the 3rd world countrys.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

yep
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The reason our jobs go overseas needs to be understood. It all boils down to our lack of honest money.

Here's a good read about it:

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congr ... 021506.htm

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    And this destroys the incentive to save and produce, while encouraging debt and runaway welfare
    I can certainly agree with Paul on this. I think that when our government started controlling what people did on their land, and then took away the option of all citizens to own some land (repeal of the Homestead Act), they took away the independent nature of Americans, who had previously provided for themselves. This forced us to become dependent on this system and sometimes upon the government to help in times of trouble (since we are no longer allowed to cut our own tree's for firewood without a paid permit, no longer able to fish or hunt without a paid license).

I myself have daydreamed of being able to take it all out to the open space, claim some land, build something modest and live off of what I could do myself, or do and sell. But, this is nearly impossible, being trapped into this system that keeps us chained to working for the wealthy elite, paying burdensome taxes on our efforts, and only being able to make it from paycheck to paycheck.

Now we are fighting for jobs too, and that is even being pulled out from under us, little by little.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Uhhh...people.. ahem. I don't think that the US can resume manufacturing of the cheaper consumer goods..like toys, clothing, etc., With the exception of niche markets where there are enough people wanting to pay a premium. We became a great industrial power because we DID have an advantage over most of the world in things like metalcraft, basic machinery, transportation services. We had proximity to huge markets----Latin America and Asia--that wanted modern products like metal agricultural tools, motors, diesel equipment, ships--- plus they were willing to transition from other traditional crafts to Western made consumer items.

Now those countries are able to produce many of those things and do it with vastly cheaper labor, instead of our highly paid unionized labor. So our economy has had to move on to other things which they still cannot produce overseas. Aircraft are a good example. Software and other technology have helped us through the last two decades, but we are going to get replaced on that, too. We have also been training physicians and other professionals from all over the world. So we did have a burgeoning educational "industry." Now those doctors are returning overseas and attracting American patients, too, who are looking for a bargain.

So what's next? Perhaps Bioscience. I think alternative energy is an up an coming market. Unfortunately I don't think conservative leaders see that, so we will probably miss out to the Europeans. But we had better come up with some new exports---or get left in the dust and relegated to Third World status.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

US Dollar

Yes, you can live very well on little in the way of US dollars in India.

This is an interesting point. It's as if some people believe we owe them the jobs at these wages because Americans are lazy and want fat paychecks whereas the Indian worker is willing to scrape by for little. They live better than an American middle class simply because of the value of the dollar.

So, unless we want the white collar jobs in this country outsourced/offshored, something will have to be done about it. I've read 40% of American white collar jobs are at risk but I bet it's higher. It's obviously not about new training. There is no 'higher level' product/service that Americans are going to produce that today cannot also be created in a 'Cheap Labor' country. If a foreign country is not creating it yet, they will be eventually. Who wants to re-educate and after a few years of college find out the jobs are gone? (Perhaps training to be a plumber would be a good idea? How many plumbing jobs are there?)

Simply, if a business is going to pay 'smart educated' people a decent wage, it is going to do it in the country with the cheapest labor. If you want to compete at the same level, you need to work for the same wage. With that, you might as well work for minimum wage at McDonalds.

For the same reason we have Nissan and Honda car plants in the US we need a system of Tariffs/taxes on services produced by outsourcing. This would level the playing field for American workers. This would be 'fair' trade, not 'free-ly steal Americans jobs because my foreign currency is worth nothing' trade.

I would think as a country we would want to keep the high end jobs such as IT and Engineering IN this country. What happens when a country you depend on for all of your engineers isn't your friend anymore?

I read that they put tariffs on furniture. So perhaps the politicians would like us all to go back to farming? We can move up to being the latest third world country.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    There would be no competition if other countries had to pay the same wages, health insurance , and retirements.....the problem is corporate America wants to bring middle class Americans down to 3rd world standards so they can fatten their own pockets

Give Americans a little more credit we know when we are being screwed!

EMERGENCY RED ALERT!!!!.............................................
    ALL ACTIVIST...PLEASE HELP GET THE WORD OUT ABOUT MC CAIN!!! BEFORE SUPER TUESDAY!!!!
    GO TO LINK BELOW!! for instuctions and contact infomation!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-101491-days ... asc-0.html
    HELP DISTRIBUTE NEW PRESS RELEASE NOW...LINK BELOW!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-101914.html
    As well as be required to follow all of the same environmental and work place standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    We have settled for easy and fast instead of education to take ourselves further. Our education system has put illegals and them learning English before teaching our children. That is part of the problem here in the states.
    You can thank all the supporters of the "No Child Left Behind Act".

We used to have the best education system in the entire world.

We have got to stop educating millions of illegal alien's children. Our nation's children suffer because of bad laws like this one.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12