Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romney endorsements

Several individuals that have been leaders in the fight against illegal immigration have endorsed Gov. Mitt Romney.

Congressman Lamar Smith of Texas has endorsed Gov. Romney. Congressman Smith has achieved a grade of "A" from Americans for Better Immigration (ABI).

Congressman Phil Gingrey of Georgia has endorsed Gov. Romney. Congressman Gingrey has achieved a grade of "A" from ABI.

Senator Jim Demint of South Carolina has endorsed Gov. Romney. Sen. Demint has achieved a grade of "A" from ABI.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio has endorsed Gov. Romney.

Congressman Tom Tancredo of Colorado has endorsed Gov. Romney. Congressman Tancredo has achieved a grade of "A" from ABI.

Banned
    The further we get into the process its going to get harder
    to go against these endorsements by very credible people

Good luck Ron Paul people
    but I think Romney will be the guy in the end

These endorsements are one of the main reasons Romney is not on our AMNESTY list yet. That combined with the fact we owe him for lighting the fire in the debates by attacking Rudy on immigration and the return fire accusations about sanctuary mansion are weak.

We have also left Romney on the viable list, for now, because we want to deliver a defeat to Huckster (who was up 10 points before we started) and show the power of this issue before we approach the campaigns again.

That being said, Romney's stances and record are about to go under intense scrutiny from ALIPAC and it remains to be seen if the Romney campaign will be added to or remain off of the AMNESTY list.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

another endorsement

Congressman Robert Adeholt of Alabama has endorsed Gov. Romney. Congressman Aderholt has achieved a grade of "A' from Americans for Better Immigration (ABI).

tancredofan,

why are all your posts about Romney - and why is his name in ALL your subject lines. Its getting sorta weird.

I know you are supporting him because tancredo is endorsing him, but is this considered "general news" or what?

I don't know. I can post a hundred times with Headlines about Ron Paul and what is going on with events and such, but I abstain from being too overbearing...

I mean, can you honestly say you do not have agenda with what you are doing? I am not trying to create issue - I am just very curious as to your motivation.

Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    These endorsements are one of the main reasons Romney is not on our AMNESTY list yet. That combined with the fact we owe him for lighting the fire in the debates by attacking Rudy on immigration and the return fire accusations about sanctuary mansion are weak.

We have also left Romney on the viable list, for now, because we want to deliver a defeat to Huckster (who was up 10 points before we started) and show the power of this issue before we approach the campaigns again.

That being said, Romney's stances and record are about to go under intense scrutiny from ALIPAC and it remains to be seen if the Romney campaign will be added to or remain off of the AMNESTY list.

W
    Okay, I understand that better. I thought we were crowning Romney or just totally unconcerned that while we were talking about Huckabee, McCain was settling quietly into 3rd. McCain can use 3rd in Iowa to get 1st or 2nd in New Hampshire and then ride this horse to the white house.

Huckabee is stalled in New Hampshire at 4th. McCain is smiling brightly at being tied for 1st with Romney. Guiliani is 2nd.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/02/king.mccain.nh/

By the way, Bill Clinton came in 3rd in Iowa a few years ago.

Banned
    Most of us understand that the situation with Romney can change

Romney has some clarifying on some of his statements to
    make

He needs a clear and viable clarification of his stand on
    illegal immigration

double speak and waffling won't do it

I see this battle though in every state ,

We will be fighting for someone to beat one of the
    proven evil 3 for now

Quote Originally Posted by BrightNail
    tancredofan,

why are all your posts about Romney - and why is his name in ALL your subject lines. Its getting sorta weird.

I know you are supporting him because tancredo is endorsing him, but is this considered "general news" or what?

I don't know. I can post a hundred times with Headlines about Ron Paul and what is going on with events and such, but I abstain from being too overbearing...

I mean, can you honestly say you do not have agenda with what you are doing? I am not trying to create issue - I am just very curious as to your motivation.
    We could ask the same thing-------Why all the posts about Ron Paul????
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

W
    I'm curious.......Are you also going to examine Ron Paul's stances and record??

Particularly the fact that he has NO plans on going after employers or holding them accountable-----ESPECIALLY based on his past voting records!!!

He voted against Duncan Hunters' 2005 fence/border security bill.

Also, look at this.............This should DEFINITELY be of concern, being that he currently has no plans for going after employers or holding them accountable in any way!!

Nearly doubled H-1B foreign
    high-tech workers in 1998
    Rep. Paul helped the House pass H.R.3736. Enacted into law, it increased by nearly 150,000 the number of foreign workers high-tech American companies could hire over the next three years. Although the foreign workers receive temporary visas for up to six years, most historically have found ways to stay permanently in this country. Rep. Paul voted for more foreign workers even though U.S. high tech workers over the age of 50 were suffering 17% unemployment and U.S. firms were laying off thousands of workers at the time.

Voted in 1998 to allow firms to lay off Americans
    to make room for foreign workers
    Before the House passed the H-1B doubling bill (H.R.3736), Rep. Paul had an opportunity to vote for a Watt Substitute bill that would have forbidden U.S. firms from using temporary foreign workers to replace Americans. Rep. Paul opposed that protection. The substitute also would have required U.S. firms to check a box on a form attesting that they had first sought an American worker for the job. Rep. Paul voted against that. The protections for American workers fell 33 votes short of passing.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

another endorsement

Congressman Howard McKeon of California has endorsed Gov. Romney. Congressman McKeon has achieved a grade of "A" from Americans for Better Immigration (ABI).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast