Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Romney on Hannity and Combes 6 pacific

Frankly I want a little better explanation of why he
    quit

I hope they have it

I've been thinking about this.

Romney is first and foremost a business man. He would never have made the fortune he has if he wasn't. I think he and some advisors took a realistic look at the delegates they all have, how many are left, etc and knew it was pretty much impossible to obtain enough for him to win. I don't think this is the only reason, but it certainly is one of the main ones. It really didn't make sense to throw away money like that, when his goal was almost impossible. But, notice he didn't totally withdraw. That gives me a small bit of hope.

Also, I do think he wants what is best for this country and the party.

Too bad huckster can't see that. If he had withdrawn, it would have really made a huge difference and Romney would have had a major chance to win the nomination. huckster put himself and his sucking up to mcamnesty ahead of what's best for this country.

I think it tells a lot about Romney's character that he's willing to put the good of this nation before his own self. He was second, what does that say about numbers 3 and 4?

All he's means with this "suspending" of his presidential run is that he's not going to seek any new delegates - he's keeping his old ones.

And he is a businessman, so he's not going to throw good money after nad, but I wish Huckabee had "suspended" from the race instead. Juan HAS to be stopped now.
    If everyone is thinking the same thing, then someone isn't thinking

Interesting...

Romney would have needed 60% of the remaining voters - with Huckabee hanging on like a tick - I guess he just knew the numbers weren't going to come easy and he could feel the animosity growing within the party.

I think he should have fought on until the bitter end, but I'm certain he did the best thing for him. He seems to be a man who's good at making the right decision.