Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think he does need a win to start building true momentum, but if he gets enough delegates in Michigan he can probably move on to Nevada and win.

I think Romney is the media's(conservative excluded) worst nightmare for a Republican nominee. Collectively, they seem to have been out to destroy his campaign from the beginning. I would guess he's the only Republican they believe has a chance of winning a general election, and they were hoping for an early wipeout. I wonder if there isn't a general disdain for him, also, perhaps because of his wealth and accomplishments. One of the most ridiculous comments I've heard about him--and I've heard it more than once---is that his is a bought candidacy, as if he would have no legitimacy as a contender if he wasn't rich. I find that a bit ridiculous considering his educational and career achievements.
    It's hardly his fault he wasn't born into a hardscrapple existence.

McCain

Quote Originally Posted by Mayflowerchick
    The elites don't want Romney..I believe he is the best hope we have.Pray for Romney!
    The elites want McCain.

They would love for Michiganders to vote for anyone but Romney. It doesn't matter to them who Michiganders vote for as long as it is not Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    I think he does need a win to start building true momentum, but if he gets enough delegates in Michigan he can probably move on to Nevada and win.

I think Romney is the media's(conservative excluded) worst nightmare for a Republican nominee. Collectively, they seem to have been out to destroy his campaign from the beginning. I would guess he's the only Republican they believe has a chance of winning a general election, and they were hoping for an early wipeout. I wonder if there isn't a general disdain for him, also, perhaps because of his wealth and accomplishments. One of the most ridiculous comments I've heard about him--and I've heard it more than once---is that his is a bought candidacy, as if he would have no legitimacy as a contender if he wasn't rich. I find that a bit ridiculous considering his educational and career achievements.
    It's hardly his fault he wasn't born into a hardscrapple existence.
    I agree with everything.

And, even if Romney would come in second----this doesn't make him out!!

As the Republican voters support Romney more than McCain-----when he gets into states that Independent voters cannot vote-----Romney will come out the winner!!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Larry King will be interviewing him tomorrow night, for those who are interested--9pm EST. I think King is having a series of interviews with candidates.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to watch. I saw Mitt a couple of times today, first on Wolf Blitzer and the again later either on CNN or Fox. I can't keep up with these darn channels.

The MSM are pushing candidates they believe can be beaten by Hillary or Obama.

They don't want Romney because they know he can beat the Dems in the general election.
    All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. -Edmund Burke

Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by patbrunz
    The MSM are pushing candidates they believe can be beaten by Hillary or Obama.

They don't want Romney because they know he can beat the Dems in the general election.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    Larry King will be interviewing him tomorrow night, for those who are interested--9pm EST. I think King is having a series of interviews with candidates.
    Thanks!!!
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Re: Romney momentum in Michigan and the immigration issue

Quote Originally Posted by tancredofan
    Polls suggest that the race for victory in the Michigan GOP primary will be between Mitt Romney and John McCain. A majoity of polls suggest that Romney is beating McCain.

I believe that Michigan voters are getting the message that John McCain is a liar about his position on amnesty. I believe that Michigan voters understand that John McCain supports amnesty and Mitt Romney doesn't.

Roy Beck has given Mitt Romney a rating of excellent on the amnesty issue for good reason. Mitt Romney strongly opposes amnesty.

If Mitt Romney wins the Michigan primary, it will be a defeat for the pro-amnesty forces that suppot McCain and Huckabee. A Romney victory will show the nation that a candidate that truly opposes amnesty can win the GOP presidential nomination.

A Detroit Free Press poll has Romney leading McCain 27% to 22% with Huckabee at 17%. http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... POLL022007 .

An MSNBC poll has Romney up 30% to 22% over McCain with Huckabee at 17%. http://www.kansascity.com/153/story/442508.html . That poll puts Fred at 7%, Rudy at 6%, Paul at 5%, Hunter at 1%, Keyes at 1% and undecided at 11%.

A CBS news article says Romney is feeding off enthusiastic crowds he dres in campaign stops across Michigan on Saturday. http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/01/12 ... 4822.shtml .
    vote in the poll----under the Detroit News link above----the poll is on the right hand side of the article.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    Hell yea!!! Go MITT !!!
    If he gets Michigan, that will make him the GOP frontrunner.
    Right now he has the delegate lead so he clearly is the front runner
    at this time

Even if Romney does lose in Michigan , he will still remain the
    front runner in delegates

Our problem is that we havn't been on the same page
    We have not thrown the weight of the "machine" behind Romney

Once we do he will be unstoppable

We shut down the senate switchboard , This should be an easy deal also

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast