Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Romney is no different from Obama on illegal immigration

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Romney is no different from Obama on illegal immigration

Romney is no different from Obama on illegal immigration

October 2, 2012
    By: Dave Gibson

Romney's position on immigration is indistinguishable from Obama's

On Monday, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney said that he would not only honor the work permits which President Obama has been issuing to illegal aliens as part of his executive order DREAM Act amnesty, but will make it even easier for foreign nationals to come here despite the current unemployment crisis.

Romney told the Denver Post: "The people who have received the special visa that the president has put in place, which is a two-year visa, should expect that the visa would continue to be valid. I'm not going to take something that they've purchased. Before those visas have expired we will have the full immigration reform plan that I've proposed."

"I actually will propose a piece of legislation which will reform our immigration system to improve legal immigration so people don't have to hire lawyers to figure out how to get here legally. The president promised in his first year, his highest priority, that he would reform immigration and he didn't. And I will," Romney explained.

Of course, this announcement should come as a surprise to no one...

A few hours after President Obama announced his executive order shielding potentially millions of illegal aliens from deportation as well as making them eligible to work in this country legally, back in June, Romney was asked for his reaction to this unprecedented and possibly illegal act…the former Massachusetts governor’s words were, well—less than inspiring.

Romney gave the following response:

"I believe the status of young people who come here through no fault of their own is an important matter to be considered and should be solved on a long-term basis, so they know what their future would be in this country. I think the action that the president took today makes it more difficult to reach that long-term solution because an executive order is, of course, just a short-term matter – it can be reversed by subsequent presidents.

I’d like to see legislation that deals with this issue, and I happen to agree with Marco Rubio as he looked at this issue. He said that this is an important matter, that we have to find a long-term solution, but that the president’s action makes reaching a long-term solution more difficult.

If I’m president, we’ll do our very best to have that kind of long-term solution that provides certainty and clarity for the people who come into this country through no fault of their own by virtue of the action of their parents."

Translation: Romney agrees that millions of illegal aliens should receive amnesty, but he is disappointed that Obama will be the one to get credit for it, instead of himself along with the Republican Party.

Of course, no one should be surprised by Romney's true feelings on this issue.

During a press conference on May 8, the Republican National Committee's Director of Hispanic Outreach, Bettina Inclan told reporters that Romney was yet to make a decision on how to deal with the important issue of illegal immigration.

Inclan stated: "My understanding that he is still deciding what his position on immigration is."
    Though less than an hour after making this damaging admission, Inclan sent out a Tweet, saying: "I misspoke, Romney's position on immigration is clear."

However, the horse had already left the barn at that point, and the apprehensions that many conservatives had about the former Massachusetts governor were given more credence.

Unfortunately, it would appear that for those of us who want to see the rule of law enforced and priority given to unemployed Americans over foreign nationals when it comes to jobs...there simply is no candidate to choose from this election year.

source: Romney is no different from Obama on illegal immigration - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Romney no different than Obama

This is nothing new to the voters. We all are very well aware of the GOP and what they are up to. So sad, Romney will never win this election and I do not think they even planned to win. Out of the twenty or so registered Republicans and indenendents, I know of 2 that plan on voting, the rest are sitting it out as am I. The number of voters not voting this time around is going to be mind goggling. They would have been better off with John Mccain again.
    Last edited by Cujo47; 10-02-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: left something out

MW
    Are you saying we should just expect another four years of Obama?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, I see no way around it. People despise Romney and the shoddy way the convention was handled. I do not know anybody that is going to watch the debate.

This thread is FALSE, and is counter-productive. Romney is vastly different. Why else would NumbersUSA rate Obama an F minus on immigration and Romney a B minus. Libertarian candidate Gary Johnson is almost as bad as Obama. See:
    https://www.numbersusa.com/content/a...n-stances.html

That's also why Romney was endorsed by the author of the states' toughest immigration laws. See:
    http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/author-of-the-nations-toughest-state-level-immigration-laws-including-those-of-alabama-and-arizona/question-2393603/

Don't try to tell me that Romney would hand out over a million work permits to illegal aliens, like Obama did, or give them amnesty for a mere $465 processing fee, as he has been doing.

Further, Romney has stated that we need to make things AS TOUGH AS POSSIBLE on the illegals, so they will self-deport back to Mexico, etc. at their own expense. Does that sound like something coming out of Obama's mouth?

I'm wondering what the intention was of Dave Gibson by trying to perpetrate such a lie. Is he a closet Obama supporter, or a misguided Ron Paul / Gary Johnson supporter [neither of whom is anywhere as tough on illegals as is Romney].

There is a world of difference between Romney & BO. Everyone I know is voting for Romney #1 because he's got financial savvy, #2 he loves his country and #3 ANYBODY BUT OBAMA! Romney is way ahead in 'real world', but acorn, seiu, faux votes (votes to tallied in Spain?) etc. makes losers into winners.
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

MW
    Thanks IndianaJones and tncdel, I was beginning to think I was the only one that really sees a difference between Obama and Romney where illegal immigration and border security are concerned.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Dave Gibson is hard core against illegals, but his thinking is a bit cloudy on this one. He lost my respect for spreading this around. Romney is not a WHOLE lot better than Obama and there are likely better men for the job, however I will not throw out the good for the perfect. We have a better chance of Romney listening to us if we hold his feet to the fire. Obama just does what the hell he wants with his smug nose stuck high in the air like the little tin pot dictator he is.

If someone wants to throw away their vote by not voting - we will likely end up with another four years with the current jack ass in chief. Hope all the non voters will sleep well at night with this knowledge once the SHTF under Obama. It will take the country YEARS to recover from his damage as it is now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

After the comments and articles Ive seen out of Denver today, I believe Dave Gibson is correct and Romney has officially flipped from his primary positions on immigration.

We are preparing a plan to share all of this different information with our ALIPAC supporters and everyone will get a chance to be heard in the deliberations.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We have two choices Obama or Romney. Romney is not saying what we want to hear on immigration, so we just won't vote. We will show him. And what do we get, four more years of Obama. Rather than voting for a man that just might listen to us, might give us a place at the table we would rather have Obama, a man that we know won't listen to us. A man who believes he has the only answer.

Romney says he won't take away something these dreamers have already paid for but he doesn't say he will allow them to renew it after the 2 years. Romney says we need to reform immigration. Well guess what, we do and we need to do this sooner then later. We need to do it while we still have a voice. Look at California, look at how many in our Legislature are anchor babies. Between our Extreme Liberals and our Anchor Babies we have no voice in California politics. Illegal Immigrants have more rights in California then legal citizens. Laws in California only apply to legal citizens, not to illegal immigrants.

My advice would be to do whatever we can to get Obama and the Liberals out of office. To prepare to be heard on reforming illegal immigration. We need to start documenting the abuse of illegal immigrants. All one has to do is follow blogs such as the Dream Act Portal. They state in there about how many fake ssn's they have. They state about how many are getting their EAD's after committing crimes such as shoplifting. We know that the current administration is allowing fraud in everything they touch, so do we allow it to continue or do we get a whole new administration and provide documentation and get a voice at reforming immigration?

The choice is yours, let them be right when they say "as goes California so goes the rest of the U.S." or stop it now!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast