Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enchilada_Non_Grada
    Lol at McCain's "abysmal."

LOL abysmal= extremely bad or severe or similar in depth to that of an abyss

bout says it all dont it

check out the dems side its not any beter then McCain's

Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Ron Paul is still a viable canidate so don't give up on him.
    I'm still high on Paul, last I heard most of the other candidates are about
    out of gas, RP held the line for 20 years I'm afraid the rest of the pack will
    flip flop when the chips are down -

Appreciate your insights everyone -

A previous thread on this topic seems to have been pulled so not sure if
    we are allowed to question NumbersUSA on this forum, but these ratings
    look out of whack to me, what do you folks think? Is Numbers still the
    gold standard?

I've got a fairly influential little website and I need to besure that what I'm
    posting is accurate, what with Gilchrist endorsing Huckabee and what not,
    maybe it's just me but I'm wondering about these ratings -

http://www.betterimmigration.com/candid ... z2008.html

Quote Originally Posted by RememberGoliad
    Quote Originally Posted by USPatriot
    Ron Paul is still a viable canidate so don't give up on him.
    I'm still high on Paul, last I heard most of the other candidates are about
    out of gas, RP held the line for 20 years I'm afraid the rest of the pack will
    flip flop when the chips are down -
    How is that possible??? Someone cannot win the nomination unless they have the most delegates-----Romney currently has 52 and the Huckster comes in second with half of Romneys, then McCain close behind.

Romney, Huckster, and McCain are all going to win more delegates in SC and NV.-----plus all of the other states as they come up on their primaries.

Ron Paul currently has 2 delegates I believe. He is not going to take any states-----so he will NEVER catch up to them in regard to delegates.

If Guliani does not take Florida----52 delegates-----he will pretty much be done. If Thompson does not take SC-----or come in very strong, he will pretty much be done.

So, Ron Paul never has the chance of catching up on delegates.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Also, I do not see how Ron Paul got "good" in regard to hiring foreign workers and Romney "bad" based on this...........

Nearly doubled H-1B foreign
    high-tech workers in 1998
    Rep. Paul helped the House pass H.R.3736. Enacted into law, it increased by nearly 150,000 the number of foreign workers high-tech American companies could hire over the next three years. Although the foreign workers receive temporary visas for up to six years, most historically have found ways to stay permanently in this country. Rep. Paul voted for more foreign workers even though U.S. high tech workers over the age of 50 were suffering 17% unemployment and U.S. firms were laying off thousands of workers at the time.

Voted in 1998 to allow firms to lay off Americans
    to make room for foreign workers
    Before the House passed the H-1B doubling bill (H.R.3736), Rep. Paul had an opportunity to vote for a Watt Substitute bill that would have forbidden U.S. firms from using temporary foreign workers to replace Americans. Rep. Paul opposed that protection. The substitute also would have required U.S. firms to check a box on a form attesting that they had first sought an American worker for the job. Rep. Paul voted against that. The protections for American workers fell 33 votes short of passing.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Banned
    Keep in mind that even if Rudi does take the delegates from
    Florida , And thats iffy right now , Romney will still have
    the delegate lead

I"m not exactly a history buff on this subject,but if we have 3 or 4 canidates continue to each winning or claiming delegates from each states(Huck-Iowa, McCain-NH,Romney,WY/MI.....maybe Paul wins Nevada and maybe Rudy wins florida..etc..) and no clear leader emerges isnt it possible that the nomination will get decided at the Republican Convention like it use to be in past days where people negoicate for delegate support when no clear winner emerges?

Caucus

As I understand they caucus at the Conventions. There are three votes taken. I think they do it like Iowa where delegates have the chance to go around and try to convince people on the other sides to switch their votes.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaPatriot
    I"m not exactly a history buff on this subject,but if we have 3 or 4 canidates continue to each winning or claiming delegates from each states(Huck-Iowa, McCain-NH,Romney,WY/MI.....maybe Paul wins Nevada and maybe Rudy wins florida..etc..) and no clear leader emerges isnt it possible that the nomination will get decided at the Republican Convention like it use to be in past days where people negoicate for delegate support when no clear winner emerges?
    Obviously though.........If one candidate has over 100 delegates, and the other has 5-----those with 5 delegates will not be involved in any process.

Also, the one with the most delegates wins the nomination.

Banned
    Actually now I think Romney may take Nevada , If any candidate fails to reach the magic number 1124 I believe for repubs , then it goes
    into the twilight zone at the convention

Thats why I will only get a good nights sleep when Romney hits the
    magic number

Super Tue is key in this puppy , that will be one wild night

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast