Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ROMNEY'S SPANISH-LANGUAGE FL AD

ROMNEY'S SPANISH-LANGUAGE FL AD

Posted: Monday, January 21, 2008 1:31 PM by Domenico Montanaro
    Filed Under: 2008, Romney

From NBC/NJ’s Erin McPike
    JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- As Romney makes his way down the I-4 corridor in Florida today, with stops in Daytona, Orlando and Cape Canaveral among the few along the way, his campaign is releasing a Spanish-language ad in South Florida.

The ad, entitled “Mi Padre,â€
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Romney for President Launches First Spanish Radio Ad

Tuesday, Mar 06, 2007

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Boston, MA – Romney for President today launched its first Spanish radio ad. The ad features Al Cardenas, the former Chairman of the Republican Party of Florida and a Chair of the Romney for President Florida Steering Committee, discussing his support for Governor Romney.

The ad is titled "Cardenas" and will begin airing today in South Florida. The English and Spanish transcripts and audio link are below.

English Script for "Cardenas" (Radio:60):

ANNOUNCER: "Al Cardenas, former Chairman of Republican Party of Florida and a Chair of the Romney for President Florida Steering Committee."

AL CARDENAS: "I want to talk to you about Mitt Romney, my candidate for President of the United States.

"This great nation needs a new dawn.

"And the leader that could bring us hope is Mitt Romney.

"Mitt Romney is the leader who rescued the Olympics after the attacks of 911 ... he is a business leader that knows how to build a solid economy.

"Mitt Romney is the Republican governor who turned around a Democratic State without raising taxes.

"It is a difficult time in the world, in the Americas, and in our Cuba in transition.

"Mitt Romney understands the dynamic of Cuba.

"He will be with us this weekend in Miami Dade attending the Republican Lincoln Day Dinner ... to talk to our community and afterwards address our leaders in exile.

"Learn more visiting MittRomney.com."

MITT ROMNEY: "I am Mitt Romney and I approve this message."

ANNOUNCER: "Paid for by Romney for President."

Spanish Script For "Cardenas" (Radio:60):

LOCUTOR: "Al Cardenas, ex Presidente del Partido Republicano de la Florida y Presidente de la Junta Directiva de Mitt Romney para Presidente."

AL CARDENAS: "Quiero hablarte sobre Mitt Romney, mi candidato para presidente de los Estados Unidos.

"Esta gran nación necesita un nuevo amanecer.

"Y el lÃ*der que nos puede traer esperanza es Mitt Romney.

"Mitt Romney es el lÃ*der que rescató las Olimpiadas después de los ataques del 9/11 ... es el lÃ*der empresarial que sabe como construir una economÃ*a sólida.

"Mitt Romney es el Gobernador Republicano que giró un estado demócrata sin subir los impuestos.

"Es una época difÃ*cil en el mundo, en las Américas y en una Cuba en transición.

"Mitt Romney entiende la dinámica de Cuba.

"Él estará con nosotros este fin de semana en Miami-Dade asistiendo a la cena Republicana del dÃ*a Lincoln ... para hablarle a nuestra comunidad y luego dirigirse a los lÃ*deres en exilio.

"Conoce más ... visita MittRomney.com."

MITT ROMNEY: "I am Mitt Romney and I approve this message."

LOCUTOR: "Pagado por Romney para Presidente."

To listen to "Cardenas", please see: http://www.mittromney.com/img/Romney-Cardenas.mp3

http://www.mittromney.com/News/Press-Re ... h_Radio_Ad
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Banned
    Once again ,

This is targeted at Cuban Americans

Not making excuses though and I don't think he should do it

He didn't run any in Vegas and we have a huge hispanic
    population here

Most Cuban Americans tend to vote repub

Now who could he be pandering to?

If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

Oh NO, NOT ANOTHER Presidential candidate to DITCH!

Quote Originally Posted by GRITS
    Thanks Grits,

Your welcome..
    If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    If you can read this in English, thank a soldier.

My feeling is that Cubans tend to go to Florida and stay in Florida. They tend to assimilate and aren't spreading and breeding across America like wildfire. They are traditionally Republican voters and you don't see them lining up for welfare services or other handouts.

Still, I think they are here and should speak English, and no one should have to translate anything for them. I wish our politicians would get over this.

Banned
    I can't really think of anything to say that wouldn't sound
    like I'm making excuses or giving Romney a pass on this

I just don't agree with it period ,

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast