Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul - Bob Barr LP Ticket

A GOP in Melt-down; How a Ron Paul - Bob Barr LP Ticket Could Go All the Way !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    With a Gop Convention on the verge of it's own 1968 melt-down. How two bona fide small government Conservatives, Paul/Barr, could outflank the corrupt big government Republicans, advance the freedom movement and capture the White House.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    by Paul Farris
    (Libertarian)
    Monday, May 12, 2008
    With just days remaining before the opening gavel of the 2008 Libertarian Presidential Nominating Convention, 22-26 May, in Denver, will strategic thinking and bold action prevail to make this the year of liberty's dramatic and long-overdue renewal in America? There is an outside chance. And if the liberty and freedom movement can swing into action during the next several days, a political tsunami could be unleashed that would wash the corrupt neo-con Gop straight out to sea and put the prospect of liberty and true constitutional government front and center like never before in the modern era.

Consider for one moment the prospect of a current and a former Republican congressman, running together on the same LP ticket for the two highest offices in the land. 1) Mr. Paul, presently serving in the Republican party but also a life-time member of the LP, would be a presidential candidate with considerable name recognition; a soaring best-selling book; a hundred-thousand hard-core volunteers waiting in the wings to hit the street campaigning; devoted volunteers who gave Paul the record for the most money raised on the internet in a 24-hour period; and who sits on a bank account of about $5 million that could grow by a factor of twenty once he announces. 2) Mr. Barr, as vice-presidential candidate and a rising advocate of the liberty movement and now Libertarian Party member, who already has solid name recognition, a former US proscecutor, held in high-esteem by the conservative base for leading the committee that won the impeachment of a sitting president, one William Jefferson Clinton.

Running against the likes of Mr. Compromise himself, one John McCain, a Paul/Barr ticket could potentially out-fundraise McCain, and wind up capturing more votes from the republican base, an increasingly restless and fed-up lot, and gain enthusiastic support as well from liberty-minded democratic cross-overs.

We know, for sure, at this moment, that the sector of the republican base and some democrats, composed of language, culture, and secure borders conservatives, who subscribe to the well respected NumbersUSA and Alipac, who at present have absolutely no dog in this fight. They would soon realize that a Paul/Barr ticket would give them much more than they can get from open borders McBama or McClinton. There would simply be no comparison. As long as the LP purists, so often in attendance at the conventions, can hold their noses and realize that legal immigration is so vitally key, that with a favorite son like Ron Paul, it is off to the races and the White House is the limit.

Importantly, a Paul/Barr ticket in no fundamental way conflicts with the brush-fire Paul has ignited in those staunch supporters who are attempting to reform the Republican party from the grassroots up. Indeed, a Paul/Barr ticket compliments and enhances the power of the grassroots to change the direction of the party and accelerate the fall of the neo-conservatives. Perhaps any sane remaining RNC leaders will come to their senses and follow the LP and nominate Paul/Barr at their convention as well.

For Paul, it has always been about principle over party and this view has endeared him to civil libertarians, the freedom-minded and small government adhearents of every stripe. And this is what makes a Paul/Barr ticket so interesting. Hugely important issues such as the ever burgeoning police state; the world's leading per capita incarceration rates; a disasterous drug war; an out-of-control tax system that threatens the well-being of all Americans, these issues and more would finally get a hearing on the national airwaves. Millions more people will be converted to the freedom message!

A clear and distinct alternative to the great compromiser, John McCain, Paul/Barr would draw incredible interest from all corners of the political spectrum. That interest would be translated into the polls and virtually assure that Paul/Barr would be in the world televised national debates. Who wants to contemplate or who would want to risk the two, McBama or McClinton, debating the future of this country? Perish the thought!

Friends, this is not idle chatter. This is real power politics with a freedom movement that will have a wind at its back like no other time in recent memory. The neocons, along with the rest of the country, are reeling from the long national nightmare of Bush/Cheney. Either we act now to boldly get into the presidential race and influence and rally countless millions with the awe-inspiring message of freedom, hope and liberty, or we all must accept responsibility for the consequences of refusing to act. We know down deep in our hearts, we are at the singular historic moment where freedom must well up in righteous indignation, for the future of freedom itself is at stake.

For a Ron Paul - Bob Barr ticket to come about will require yeoman's work from all quarters of the freedom movement. It took arm-twisting to get Ron Paul into the battle in early 2007. We must insist one more time to get him into this pivotal election. By the time the debates roll around with McBama or McClinton, you will wish you had taken action in May 2008. So take action now! This is an emergency! Freedom itself, nay, the very republic, hangs in the balance!

Spread the word!

Call the Ron Paul election headquarters at (703) 248 -9115.

Call Ron Paul's Washington Congressional Offices at (202)225-2831.

Call Bob Barr (770) 836-1776 and (703) 548-1160

Call your liberty minded friends and contacts and have them call.

http://www.nolanchart.com/article3748.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

translation

"As long as the LP purists, so often in attendance at the conventions, can hold their noses and realize that legal immigration is so vitally key, that with a favorite son like Ron Paul, it is off to the races and the White House is the limit."

I am unsure of the message the author of this gramatically-flawed and inarticulate sentence is attempting to convey with this sentence. However, I do know that leading members of the Libertarian Party have in the past supported a path to citizenship for illegal aliens, i.e. amnesty. Further, I do not agree that this country needs more legal immigration. This nation needs less legal immigration.

In the case of Republican Ron Paul, he voted three (3) times for Section 245(i) amnesty for hundreds of thousands illegal aliens. He also voted seven (7) times against allowing the United States military to aid the United States Border Patrol in border control efforts. Ron Paul voted against a border fence before he voted for a border fence. He believes a border fence is "offensive".

I will not vote for a candidate that considers a border fence to be "offensive".

These are silly reasons for not voting for someone who will protect our constitutional rights and uphold the constitution. Its not a perfect world. To allow McCain, Obama or Clinton a chance at the White House is insanity. We really don't have much of a list to choose from. Paul and Barr are good choices.

Ron Paul is against illegal immigration and is for a fence.

http://blog.ronpaul2008.com/ron_paul_20 ... ase_n.html

MOST RECENT PLAN HOW TO END IT.

6 point plan.

Ron Paul’s six point plan puts a stop to illegal immigration:

1. Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    2. Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    3. No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    4. No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    5. End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    6. Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

In 2006 Ron Paul elaborated on these important issues in his classic essay on immigration. Read it here.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-05-07/ron-paul-no-amnesty/

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-114669.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

presidential election

Quote Originally Posted by USA_born
    These are silly reasons for not voting for someone who will protect our constitutional rights and uphold the constitution. Its not a perfect world. To allow McCain, Obama or Clinton a chance at the White House is insanity. We really don't have much of a list to choose from. Paul and Barr are good choices.
    I am not voting for McCain or Obama. However, one of those two individuals is going to be the next president unless one or both of them die before a new president is sworn in next January.

Since write-in votes are not counted in Tennessee unless a candidate has been properly qualified as a write-in candidate, I will vote for a candidate who is actually on the ballot. That may very well be Chuck Baldwin.

I don't believe that Ron Paul will be the nominee of the Libertarian Party. I believe he wants to be re-elected as a Republican member of the House in 2010 and will, therefore, not run for president as the nominee of the Libertarian Party in 2008.

Ron Paul's votes in favor of amnesty for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens and his characterization of a border fence as "offensive" are important reasons not to vote for him.

Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA

http://blog.ronpaul2008.com/ron_paul_20 ... ase_n.html

MOST RECENT PLAN HOW TO END IT.

6 point plan.

Ron Paul’s six point plan puts a stop to illegal immigration:

1. Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    2. Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    3. No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    4. No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    5. End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    6. Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.

In 2006 Ron Paul elaborated on these important issues in his classic essay on immigration. Read it here.

http://www.ronpaul.com/2008-05-07/ron-paul-no-amnesty/

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-114669.html
    As I said, Ron Paul voted against a border fence before he voted for it.

http://profiles.numbersusa.com/improfil ... &VIPID=787

Voted on House floor against amendment to increase security with border fence in 2005
    Rep. Paul voted against the Hunter Amendment to H.R. 4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005. The Hunter Amendment would shore up security by building fences and other physical infrastructure to keep out illegal aliens. Specifically, it mandates the construction of specific security fencing, including lights and cameras, along the Southwest border for the purposes of gaining operational control of the border. As well, it includes a requirement for the Secretary of Homeland Security to conduct a study on the use of physical barriers along the Northern border. The Hunter Amendment passed by a vote of 260-159.

MW
    CCUSA wrote:

No politician in the U.S. Congress is going to tell you they support illegal immigration - not one! It is wise to judge them by their actions, not their words. Furthermore, Ron Paul does not support a fence along the border. He voted against it before he voted for it. The only reason he voted for it the last time was because he knew it would be political suicide not to. In fairness to Paul, he wasn't the only one that used the fence for political cover.

Excerpt:

I'd heard that that presidential candidate Ron Paul was "hard line" on immigration and "to the right" of the Republican field. But that's not exactly what he revealed during my interview with him. Here's Part 4 of my edited interview.

You want a 700-mile fence between our border and Mexico?

Ron Paul: Not really. There was an immigration bill that had a fence (requirement) in it, but it was to attack amnesty. I don't like amnesty. So I voted for that bill, but I didn't like the fence. I don't think the fence can solve a problem. I find it rather offensive.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... ation.html

Paul talks a big game but in actuality he is a cream-puff on many of the issues that would attack the problem of illegal immigration and weak border security.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by CCUSA
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articl ... ation.html

Ron Paul doesn't "like the fence" and find the fence to be "rather offensive".

I do like the fence and I don't find it to be offensive.

Saying your against illegal immigration means nothing. Is there any candidate for president that says he or she is for illegal immigration?

Ron Paul voted three (3) times to support Section 245(i) amnesty for hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens.

I understand you don't trust because of past votes, but if I had my choice of all possible candidates in the race now I would trust Paul the most.

I've heard he never has taken money from lobbyiest and never voted himself a pay increase. I think I can trust a man who can't be bought that thinks for himself. He obviously sees illegal immigration is just out of control now and how it is busting our local, state and federal budgets.

I am not telling you how to vote, but I'm just happy to see 1 humble candidate that can see the light of day and know that illegal immigration and the NORTH AMERICAN UNION WILL DESTROY our nation.

Quote Originally Posted by USA_born
    Well said . We as American Citizens must do the right thing Now . The right thing is showing the Elites we will vote for our country , not their agenda which is suicide . I stand for our Nation , Not a Party corrupt with Greed and lacking principals .
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast