Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

RON PAUL DELEGATES NEEDED Idaho Missi New Mex Utah Verm

Ron Paul needs delegates for the listed states. You can sign up at:

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroo ... signup.php

Campaign for President of the United States Ron Paul 2008 — Hope for America
    Grassroots Central Sign up Log in Order supplies ronpaul2008.com Help and Support
    Ron Paul needs you to be a delegate. Delegates select the platforms for their county, state and national party. They make the rules, influence their peers, and even pick the presidential candidate! In every step of the process, it is essential that Ron Paul supporters are engaged, active and numerous.

If we are going to make our voices heard and affect necessary changes, then becoming a delegate is mission critical.

Please sign up now to become a delegate and a leader in our movement. If we can turn out enough delegates, we can alter the course of the nation by helping Ron alter the course of the Republican Party. We need your help in:

*Idaho *Mississippi *New Mexico *Utah *Vermont
    If you are a resident of one of the these states and you'd like to find out more about becoming a Ron Paul delegate, please sign up today (you will be contacted by the campaign with more information):

Note: If you are already in the Ron Paul Precinct Leaderhip Program, please log in to find a sign-up button on your main menu instead of filling out this form.

©2007 Ron Paul 2008 PCC Contact Us | Privacy Policy Paid for by the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee

Also, plan to make history on July 12th when Ron Paul will be a keynote speaker at this event below.

www.revolutionmarch.com
    (be sure to watch the video that's on the homepage of this site)

Please spread this around through emailing, blogging, etc. since Ron Paul and his events get censored in the media.

I just don't understand why anyone that comes to this board would support Ron Paul. He is for open borders - free flow on people. He will not sign the SAVE ACT due to he wants only to stop the welfare. He doesn't or will not deport illegals - period

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    I just don't understand why anyone that comes to this board would support Ron Paul. He is for open borders - free flow on people. He will not sign the SAVE ACT due to he wants only to stop the welfare. He doesn't or will not deport illegals - period
    I get confused because many have said the same thing. When you read what he said, it is the opposite.

by Ron Paul, Dr. December 2, 2007
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/411 ... -security/

Illegal immigration is on the forefront of many Americans’ minds lately and with good reason. The Center for Immigration Studies has recently reported that our immigrant population is now 37 million, up from 27 million in 1997. 1 in 3 of these immigrants are here illegally. We have a problem that has exploded in the last 10 years with no appreciable change in border security since September 11 when we were supposed to take a hard look at the problem.

We have security issues at home and our resources are running thin. Our education system is stretched, and immigration accounts for virtually all the national increase in public school enrollment in the last 2 decades. There is a worker present in 78% of immigrant households using at least one major welfare program, according to the same study. It’s no surprise then that often times these immigrants can afford to work for lower wages. They are subsidized by our government to do so.

Right now we are subsidizing a lot of illegal immigration with our robust social programs and it is an outrage that instead of coming to the United States as a land of opportunity, many come for the security guaranteed by government forced transfer payments through our welfare system. I have opposed giving federal assistance to illegal immigrants and have introduced legislation that ends this practice. In the last major House-passed immigration bill I attempted to introduce an amendment that would make illegal immigrants ineligible for any federal assistance. Unfortunately, that amendment was ruled "not relevant" to immigration reform. I believe it is very relevant to taxpayers, however, who are being taken advantage of through the welfare system. Illegal immigrants should never be eligible for public schooling, social security checks, welfare checks, free healthcare, food stamps, or any other form government assistance.

The anchor baby phenomenon has also been very problematic. Simply being born on US soil to illegal immigrant parents should not trigger automatic citizenship. This encourages many dangerous behaviors and there are many unintended consequences as a result of this blanket policy. I am against amnesty and I have introduced an amendment to the Constitution (H.J. Res 46) which will end this form of amnesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat
    You obviously didn't watch the video of William Gheen interview Ron Paul. You may want to review the video first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQdDjvDsVM
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

he talk must stop. We must secure our borders now. A nation without secure borders is no nation at all. It makes no sense to fight terrorists abroad when our own front door is left unlocked. This is my six point plan:

* Physically secure our borders and coastlines. We must do whatever it takes to control entry into our country before we undertake complicated immigration reform proposals.
    * Enforce visa rules. Immigration officials must track visa holders and deport anyone who overstays their visa or otherwise violates U.S. law. This is especially important when we recall that a number of 9/11 terrorists had expired visas.
    * No amnesty. Estimates suggest that 10 to 20 million people are in our country illegally. That’s a lot of people to reward for breaking our laws.
    * No welfare for illegal aliens. Americans have welcomed immigrants who seek opportunity, work hard, and play by the rules. But taxpayers should not pay for illegal immigrants who use hospitals, clinics, schools, roads, and social services.
    * End birthright citizenship. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the incentive to enter the U.S. illegally will remain strong.
    * Pass true immigration reform. The current system is incoherent and unfair. But current reform proposals would allow up to 60 million more immigrants into our country, according to the Heritage Foundation. This is insanity. Legal immigrants from all countries should face the same rules and waiting periods.
    http://www.ronpaul2008.com/issues/borde ... on-reform/
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

The Immigration Question

by Ron Paul
    by Ron Paul

Save a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.comSave a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.com Email a link to this articleEmail a link to this article Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this article View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of the most popular articles on our site

The recent immigration protests in Los Angeles have brought the issue to the forefront, provoking strong reactions from millions of Americans. The protesters’ cause of open borders is not well served when they drape themselves in Mexican flags and chant slogans in Spanish. If anything, their protests underscore the Balkanization of America caused by widespread illegal immigration. How much longer can we maintain huge unassimilated subgroups within America, filled with millions of people who don’t speak English or participate fully in American life? Americans finally have decided the status quo is unacceptable, and immigration may be the issue that decides the 2008 presidential election.

We’re often reminded that America is a nation of immigrants, implying that we’re coldhearted to restrict immigration in any way. But the new Americans reaching our shores in the late 1800s and early 1900s were legal immigrants. In many cases they had no chance of returning home again. They maintained their various ethnic and cultural identities, but they also learned English and embraced their new nationality.

Today, the overwhelming majority of Americans – including immigrants – want immigration reduced, not expanded. The economic, cultural, and political situation was very different 100 years ago.

We’re often told that immigrants do the jobs Americans won’t do, and sometimes this is true. But in many instances illegal immigrants simply increase the supply of labor in a community, which lowers wages. And while cheap labor certainly benefits the economy as a whole, when calculating the true cost of illegal immigration we must include the cost of social services that many new immigrants consume – especially medical care.

We must reject amnesty for illegal immigrants in any form. We cannot continue to reward lawbreakers and expect things to get better. If we reward millions who came here illegally, surely millions more will follow suit. Ten years from now we will be in the same position, with a whole new generation of lawbreakers seeking amnesty.

Amnesty also insults legal immigrants, who face years of paperwork and long waits to earn precious American citizenship.

Birthright citizenship similarly rewards lawbreaking, and must be stopped. As long as illegal immigrants know their children born here will be citizens, the perverse incentive to sneak into this country remains strong. Citizenship involves more than the mere location of one’s birth. True citizenship requires cultural connections and an allegiance to the United States. Americans are happy to welcome those who wish to come here and build a better life for themselves, but we rightfully expect immigrants to show loyalty and attempt to assimilate themselves culturally. Birthright citizenship sometimes confers the benefits of being American on people who do not truly embrace America.

We need to allocate far more resources, both in terms of money and manpower, to securing our borders and coastlines here at home. This is the most critical task before us, both in terms of immigration problems and the threat of foreign terrorists. Unless and until we secure our borders, illegal immigration and the problems associated with it will only increase.

April 4, 2006

Dr. Ron Paul is a Republican member of Congress from Texas.
    http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul314.html

[quote=jp_48504][quote="Once_A_Democrat":1dfiaf39]I just don't understand why anyone that comes to this board would support Ron Paul. He is for open borders - free flow on people. He will not sign the SAVE ACT due to he wants only to stop the welfare. He doesn't or will not deport illegals - period[/quote]

You obviously didn't watch the video of William Gheen interview Ron Paul. You may want to review the video first. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQdDjvDsVM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQdDjvDsVM[/url][/quote:1dfiaf39]

Yes I did - did you. Did you not hear what I heard. Ron Paul danced around the questions except for the first one on welfare

[quote=jp_48504][quote="Once_A_Democrat":1eyms6ua]I just don't understand why anyone that comes to this board would support Ron Paul. He is for open borders - free flow on people. He will not sign the SAVE ACT due to he wants only to stop the welfare. He doesn't or will not deport illegals - period[/quote]

You obviously didn't watch the video of William Gheen interview Ron Paul. You may want to review the video first. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQdDjvDsVM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQdDjvDsVM[/url][/quote:1eyms6ua]

OK, I viewed the clip. He said our immigration laws need to be inforced. He does not want to give illegals welfare. He doesn't want to have employers guess about documents. We now have e-verify. Police officers should be obligated to check immigration status. I agree we have to secure our border before MASS deportation. if there will be such a thing. I just don't see how you see, a flow of illegals or amnesty from the interview. Not trying to challenge you, I just want to know.

[quote=bordersoldier][quote=jp_48504]
    Quote Originally Posted by Once_A_Democrat":skkgs5zi]I just don't understand why anyone that comes to this board would support Ron Paul. He is for open borders - free flow on people. He will not sign the SAVE ACT due to he wants only to stop the welfare. He doesn't or will not deport illegals - period[/quote]

You obviously didn't watch the video of William Gheen interview Ron Paul. You may want to review the video first. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQdDjvDsVM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PQdDjvDsVM[/url]
    [/quote:skkgs5zi]

He said our immigration laws need to be inforced but He doesn't want to have employers guess about documents which is enforcing immigration laws. Which is it ? this is dancing - can't have it both ways.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast