Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The number one reason we keep getting the quality of elected people we have, is that we are DISCOURAGED from voting our consciences. In the past I have been derelict in my civic duty by voting for the electable candidate. Many of my friends had agreed with me on my real choice, but did the same so that the "evil one" would not be elected. If we all had voted our consciences instead of falling into the trap, we may not be in the mess we are.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

CitizenJustice

Your posts are highly inflammable. You make me want to say things the mods won't approve of.

Your opinion is just your opinion.

Tell the whole truth

Tell the whole truth if you really love the truth! These tactics are less than the standard of idealism that Ron Paul supporters are supposed to be known for.

This post marginalizes the wider truth that Romney won the whole state. Ron Paul posters should tell the whole truth rather than isolated facts that tend to mislead the public into ignoring Romney's overall victory in Maine and also undermines the genuine viability of Romney over Paul.

Selective reporting of the news has the effect of marginalizing the truth.

By engaging in these tactics, Ron Paul supporters are diminishing the chances that conservatives will choose Ron Paul as a 3rd party candidate to oppose McCain in the event he becomes the Republican nominee.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

I don;t understand how you can say that Romney and Paul have the same values. I don;t know how you can trust Romney to do what he says. We elected Bush because he ran on a small government platform and what the hell happened? If RP had the vote of everyone who says he can't win he so I won;t vote for him, he could have. He is the only one talking about the Patriot act, the Real ID, the federal reserve etc. and those are really important issues because it infinges on our civil liberties and if the government can get away with this they can get away with anything.The only reason you like Romney is on his newly found position on Immingration. The best perdictor of future behavior is past behavior. I understand how you feel that we all RP supports should gether together to defeat Mccaine, however, that is just how we get into the positions we get into with our elections of presidents. We very seldom get who we want because we comprimise.

I side with most conservatives who support the Patriot Act and Real ID.

In some cases we need more laws and in other cases we need less laws.

Though I am not religious, I also think adultery and some other moral examples of decadence and degeneracy should be criminalized.

In summary, I think Western Civilization has become far too libertine and decadent. I we need liberty under the law. Too much liberty results in licentiousness and anarchy and makes us vulnerable to cultural and literal invasion.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan

Though I am not religious, I also think adultery and some other moral examples of decadence and degeneracy should be criminalized.

In summary, I think Western Civilization has become far too libertine and decadent. I we need liberty under the law. Too much liberty results in licentiousness and anarchy and makes us vulnerable to cultural and literal invasion.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." – Thomas Jefferson

It would seem to me that your opinion runs counter to that of our Founders, and would lead to the kind of authoritarian State that we've been fighting AGAINST for over 230 years. Your support for laws like the Patriot Act and the RealID Act expose you as someone who might be better suited to residence in Cuba, Russia or Venezuela than here in the U.S. of A. That or you don't realize the evisceration on the Bill of Rights these travesties of law have caused.

If adultery were criminalized, then most of America would be in jail! I do not condone that behavior, but, it is not my business what someone does in the bedroom. We have to look out for the safety of our nation. Close our borders and fix our financial problems. Our deficit is out of control and still going up as I write this. A threat of a DRAFT is coming also. There are so many important things at stake right now. It is and always will be Ron Paul all the way!

Quote Originally Posted by PinestrawGuys

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than those attending too small a degree of it." – Thomas Jefferson

It would seem to me that your opinion runs counter to that of our Founders, and would lead to the kind of authoritarian State that we've been fighting AGAINST for over 230 years. Your support for laws like the Patriot Act and the RealID Act expose you as someone who might be better suited to residence in Cuba, Russia or Venezuela than here in the U.S. of A. That or you don't realize the evisceration on the Bill of Rights these travesties of law have caused.
    No, when you suggest I would be happier in Cuba or Russia, you are putting me into the opposite extreme. During the era of the Founding Fathers the laws governing moral behavior were much stricter than the libertine standards of today where anything goes and where we believe "if it feels good, do it". I'd need to do some checking, but I think that adultery and sexual deviancy probably were criminal offenses in the days of Jefferson.

Now I understand why you are trying to sway people from Ron Paul.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    If adultery were criminalized, then most of America would be in jail! I do not condone that behavior, but, it is not my business what someone does in the bedroom. We have to look out for the safety of our nation. Close our borders and fix our financial problems. Our deficit is out of control and still going up as I write this. A threat of a DRAFT is coming also. There are so many important things at stake right now. It is and always will be Ron Paul all the way!
    If adultery were criminalized, then most of America would be in jail!
    That's the same argument the Dems use about criminalizing illegal immigration. But in actually, it would be "attrition by enforcement".
    Adultery and other unmentionables have destroyed the American family and now our civilization is heading for its imminent demise. . .unless we wake up and restore many of our stricter ancient laws that made us into a civilized society.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast