Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Ron Paul's Direct Mail Piece

http://snurl.com/20g7d [blogs_tnr_com]

If you click the link, you'll see that the Neocons at TNR are all fired up by this.

I think it's sort of funny. But do illegal aliens really get Social Security payments? I thought that that legal, disabled immigrants get benefits before they are even citizens (grrrrrr), but I didn't know that illegals can draw somehow.

Edited to add: Hmm - apparently Bush tried to allow some deal where the Mexican workers could collect SS when they retired in Mexico.

Oh my Gosh. It is just unbelievable.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

AngelaTC - it certainly is possible (although the legitimacy of the practice is highly questionable if not outright illegal).

The pending Totalization Agreement with Mexico would all but guarantee that the practice go forward with hardly a tweak (eg. strong set of conditions to weed the illegal worker from the legal one). There are about 20 similar agreements arranged with other countries (generally with those in Europe, and other advanced / industrialized nations). An agreement w/Mexico is notably different because the majority of it's workers here are ILLEGAL. No other Totalization Agreement includes so many (if any at all) illegal workers here.

If you care at all about Social Security solvency for the next 1,2,3+ decades PLEASE call your Congress critters and make a big stink about this. Also, a call to the head of the SSA might not be a bad idea as well. Some Senators and Congressmen have championed this cause already. Senator John Ensign of NV, and Reps like Tancredo, Rohrabacher, Poe, Jones (NC), etc. have raised awareness about this issue.

Also: Remember - 'Agreement' <> 'Treaty'
    (Treaties must be ratified by Congress)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

While this administration has complained about the cost of SS they continue to give it away to Mexico, one of the problems with the idea of paying SS to illegals that have worked here is the fact false ID was used including fake social security numbers so the question is which "Juan Diego" do you send the check too and how many never worked in the USA would receive a check. This is simply another stupid idea to hasten Americans future into third world status.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

Somebody told me that perhaps the Republicans are best suited to be the minority party. This seems to be an example of that. If the Democrats were proposing something like this in the Clinton administration terms, the Republicans would have had a fit.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Social Security Totalization

You can read about the proposed inclusion of Social Security for Mexicans at this link:

http://www.numbersusa.com/hottopic/totalization.htm

It's not current though so I have no idea where congress is on this.