Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rumors Obama appt anti-immig Sheriff Mahoney Nat. Immig refo

Well, if they are worried about it, must be good. This is something we can look into. Saw this on one of the Chicago pro-immigration sites.
    __________________________________________________ _____

Rumors that Obama will appoint anti-immigrant Sheriff Mahoney for Natioanl Immigration Reform Task Force!

Immigrant Workers Union calls for help!

Since October 2007, the IWU and other organization has been engaging ongoing
    campaign against (D) Sheriff Dave Mahoney for Dane County for his
    collaboration with ICE. He as been cold, insensitive and actively against
    immigrant workers. Under his 2 years being the sheriff of Dane County, we
    got a rise in the deportations form local jail close to the 500%.
    you can see more information here
    http://www.uniondetrabajadores.org/?q=e ... my/term/32.

It has been for weeks that Dave Mahoney has been saying that he will be in
    the Obama Immigration Task Force, he spent last week in DC, and we are
    afraid that this is true. Is anybody even close to this areas to know if
    this is true? where can we learn more about this?

Any ideas, comment or further information can be direct to
    i...@uniondetrabajadores.org.

Thanks!

http://groups.google.com/group/ChicagoM ... 337dab8c00
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This could be good! Anxious for any new details.

Thanks!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Obama has always said he will listen to all sides of all issues before making a decision. It is stupid that these people expect only their viewpoint presented. Just wonder if the Union de Trabajeros represents anyone that speaks English or is allowed to work in this country by not being here illegally. And we are supposed to be racist?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'll beleive it when I see it.

Right, get him though, and then comes AMNESTY because, I hired this tough guy, and hes doing a great job, now its time for us to come the OTHER way. He will not smack his racist hispanic pals so soon in the game.

Looks like some here are buying it.

Oh my, an anti-immigrant[i] sheriff?

Could it be he is actually anti-illegal immigrant?[i]

Quote Originally Posted by GaPatriot
    Could it be he is actually anti-illegal immigrant?[i]
    The term "illegal immigrant" is an oxymoron, another Newspeak PC term, since immigrants are lawful permanent resident aliens. You cannot be illegal and lawful at the same time.

While illegal immigrant makes me crazy to a point, to immigrate basically means a foreigner (or alien) who takes up residency in another country, with absolutely no stipilation of their legality or illegality. True, there are so many press reports that do not define the legality of the person they are writing about until paragraph 177 when you find out that the guy was caught at the border 5 times and deported 10 times, leaving behind a herd of little "US citizens." Illegal immigrant works just fine, just as long as they don't drop the illegal part when writing.
    IMO, worse is calling someone an undocumented worker.

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    While illegal immigrant makes me crazy to a point, to immigrate basically means a foreigner (or alien) who takes up residency in another country, with absolutely no stipilation of their legality or illegality. True, there are so many press reports that do not define the legality of the person they are writing about until paragraph 177 when you find out that the guy was caught at the border 5 times and deported 10 times, leaving behind a herd of little "US citizens." Illegal immigrant works just fine, just as long as they don't drop the illegal part when writing.
    That's the problem half the time they leave out the "illegal" part, especially in headlines. Also even the dictionary says immigrants are foreigners who "permanently settle" in another country. It's pretty hard to "permanently settle", when you are liable to be deported or lose your job and benefits at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizonablues
    Right, get him though, and then comes AMNESTY because, I hired this tough guy, and hes doing a great job, now its time for us to come the OTHER way. He will not smack his racist hispanic pals so soon in the game.

Looks like some here are buying it.
    I agree, this so called appointment could be nothing more than window dressing.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast