Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Rush: GOP Insiders Backing Trump, Hate Cruz and Conservatism

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW

Rush: GOP Insiders Backing Trump, Hate Cruz and Conservatism

Rush: GOP Insiders Backing Trump, Hate Cruz and Conservatism

By Sandy Fitzgerald | Friday, 22 Jan 2016 08:17 AM

Establishment Republicans are coming out for Donald Trump, but "what it really signifies is their hatred for Ted Cruz," radio talk show host Rush Limbaugh said on his program Thursday.

"It's the most incredible thing to sit here and watch all of this," Limbaugh said. "They literally despise Ted Cruz.They are beside themselves with hatred for Ted Cruz that goes beyond the rational."

It is rational, though, "if you understand the establishment's absolute hatred and distaste for conservatism," Limbaugh continued. "These people are out there, some of them are actually saying that they would actively, publicly support and vote for Hillary Clinton over Ted Cruz. Other elected Republicans are saying so, Republican consultants, typical establishment members, even some donors."

"Bob Dole has come out and said, paraphrasing, 'oh, yeah, Donald Trump, far, far, far more preferable than Ted Cruz," Limbaugh continued, noting that he has a story in his "stack of stuff" from The Hill that "Republican donors are quietly coming around to the idea that Donald Trump could be their party's nominee for president."

There are many GOP donors who can't abide the idea of Trump as their standard-bearer, and remain "flat-out in denial" about his candidacy's strength, interviews with GOP business leaders suggest attitudes are changing, The Hill's story says.

"I don't know if Trump said he wouldn't accept any money in a general election," said Limbaugh on Thursday. "I don't know. He might have only meant the primaries when he said he wasn't gonna take any money. Who knows. But it is kind of coincidental, the timing."

But if there is an establishment shift to Trump, said Limbaugh, "it is to cut Cruz off at the pass."

"They clearly think that they could make deals with Trump," he said. "If they look down the road and they see Trump as president, they think they'll be able to go to Trump and make deals and agree with the Democrats and come up with compromises and so forth. But they are aware that no such deal-making that damages the country will occur with Ted Cruz. And so they are telegraphing their fears, letting it be known exactly where they come down on all this. "

The establishment, said Limbaugh, hates Cruz because "they don't doubt Cruz is an outsider, and they don't doubt Cruz is gonna change the way things are done. Don't you find it interesting that this move toward Trump comes the day after he signs on to the ethanol thing? This the kind of stuff insiders like."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/rush...t_nbr=rjqvz53q

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes, please please cut Cruz off at the pass. Yes, yes, line up behind Trump and follow him, cuz he really does have a map to the promised land which is pretty simple: Zero illegal aliens + Zero trade deficits = Promised Land

Promised Land = Americans Back to Work at Good Jobs with Sustainable Wages and Benefits

Trump knows the deal, and he knows how to win it.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Interesting to see Rush favoring Cruz like this too.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"I don't know if Trump said he wouldn't accept any money in a general election," said Limbaugh on Thursday. "I don't know. He might have only meant the primaries when he said he wasn't gonna take any money. Who knows. But it is kind of coincidental, the timing."
    Why don't you ask him, Rush? I'm sure he'll take your call. Why speculate if it's important to you?

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Here you go Rush, this is what Trump said 6 days or so ago on the subject of your query:

Trump on public financing: 'I don't know yet'

By Eugene Scott, CNN
    Updated 9:59 AM ET, Sun January 17, 2016 | Video Source: CNN

Story highlights

Trump said he does not know if he would be willing to spend $1 billion of his own money on a general election campaign
    People love the fact that I'm putting my own money in," Trump said

Washington (CNN)Donald Trump said the American political process is in need of campaign finance reform, adding that he -- a candidate who has repeatedly touted his decision to self-fund his campaign as a selling point for his candidacy -- hasn't decided if he would accept public financing for the general election.

"I don't know yet. I haven't thought of it. I am thinking about this one," he said. "I'm financing my own campaign. When I get (to the general election), it's a little bit of a different story, because the (Republican Party) gets involved and other people get involved and so a little bit of a different story."

Trump also told CNN's Jake Tapper in an interview that aired Sunday on "State of the Union" that his 2016 rivals, including his top GOP competitor, Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, are beholden to outside interests due to their reliance on donations.

Trump said campaign finance reform is needed "because I think PACs are a horrible thing."

"First of all, everybody is dealing with their PAC. You know, it's supposed to be like this secret thing -- they're all dealing," he said.

Trump said campaigns and PACs, short for political action committees, work closely together, which he said allowed former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush to host a campaign event while his political action committee -- which is legally prohibited from coordinating with the campaign -- held a separate event next door.

"You tell me they're not dealing with each other? So, I think PACs are very bad. I think they're very dangerous," Trump said. "I do think there has to be transparency, but PACs are very bad."

Trump also suggested Cruz -- with whom he's increasingly feuded in recent days -- as being under the "control" of his donors.

"Ted Cruz, he's got a lot of people putting big money in -- probably, maybe, Goldman Sachs, we'll have to ask. I mean, they loaned him a million dollars, so they certainly have control over him," Trump said, referring to a loan Cruz received from the financial giant for his 2012 Senate campaign.

"That's the way it is. Somebody gives them money. Not anything wrong, just psychologically, when they go to that person, they're going to do that," he said. "They owe them, and by the way, they may therefore vote negatively towards the country. That's not gonna happen with me."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/17/politi...lic-financing/
    Last edited by Judy; 01-23-2016 at 09:02 AM.