Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Rush on illegals & Polls

This is just a few paragraphs from his show today....

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/ ... guest.html

"Congress's week-long Memorial Day recess was expected to leave the bill in tatters. But with a week of action set to begin today, the legislation's champions say they believe that the voices of opposition, especially from conservatives, represent a small segment of public opinion. Sen. Jon Kyl (R-Ariz.), who led negotiations on the bill for [the Republicans], said the flood of angry calls and protests that greeted the deal two weeks ago has since receded every day. 'You just have to recognize you will get 300 calls, you'll get conflicts at town hall meetings -- all of them negative,' said Rep. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), who consulted with Kyl and hopes to carry a similar deal through the House in July. 'The last few days have really turned things around.'" Now, what am I missing, because I don't sense that at all. In fact, I sense the White House is in a little bit of a bugaboo over this because they're all caught up in the fact that everybody is calling it "amnesty," which it is. But this story purports to have these senators behind the amnesty bill as feeling pretty cocky out there today. They've been at home with their constituents over the weekend. They think the opposition to amnesty is fading, and the Washington Post is saying that the voices of opposition, especially the voices of conservatives who don't like the idea, are just a small part of American public opinion.

I'm going to tell you what this story is all about. This story is all the about marginalizing conservatives. It is all about telling America, the people that get their news from the Washington Post, "Don't believe all this noise you're hearing. Don't believe all this racket from conservatives about the immigration bill. They're just a small bunch of very loud people, but they are by no means representative of the American people." If you look at the internals of this poll, which I have done, you find that it's not looking good for the people who are proposing this. I don't know how they've interpreted the poll the way they have, and in fact they may not even have to. "Fifty-two percent of Americans said they would support a program giving illegal immigrants the right to stay and work in the US if they pay a fine and meet other requirements.

Opposition to that was 44%." That's a totally misleading question. There is no fine unless they seek citizenship -- and once they're legal, why seek citizenship? It isn't necessary! So, there is no fine. Besides, the fine is not going to survive anyway. They're already out there talking about now -- and we're talking the $5,000 fine. We've been through all of this. Now, something popped up on the Drudge Report today from ABC News' Jan Crawford Greenburg, a highly creditable writer on the Supreme Court to legal issues.

They probably don't think that you're calling as much because I don't think they're probably even answering the phone anymore. How many of you are calling out there and they're actually answering the phone at these various senators' offices?

The conservative movement is the base of the Republican Party, and the Republicans -- it's understandable that the Democrats and the media would try to marginalize conservatives and make it sound like there aren't that many of them, but for the Republicans to be doing it...? Look, I've always known that the Republicans have their share of country club, blue-blooders in there that have never liked conservatives. They didn't even really like Reagan that much. It's always been a mystery to me, because that's when the Republican Party won, was when the conservative base was active and excited and engaged and dominant. It's almost like these people have a wish to be second tier.
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

I'm actually surprised he didn't go on his rant about people who have land lines and are home during the day. He does have a partial point - who is home during the day? But land lines are still awesome!