Rush Limbaugh

The majority of this country is not for erasing the border.

All of a Sudden, Amnesty is a Loser?
RUSH: The pro-amnesty forces have attempted with the sycophantic assistance of the Drive-By Media -- to portray the majority of people in this country as pro-amnesty. That never has been the case. The majority of the country is not for open...
rushlimbaugh.com

All of a Sudden, Amnesty is a Loser?

July 14, 2014

Windows Media

BEGIN TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: This is from TheHill.com. This is no conservative publication. "Immigration Reform Fizzles as Campaign Issue for Democrats."
Now, isn't it amazing, folks, how quickly things change? Just a couple of months ago, just back in May, remember the news media was telling us that Republicans didn't stand a chance unless they rebranded themselves and reached out to the Hispanic community by embracing immigration reform and amnesty. And if they didn't do that they may as well not field a candidate in 2016, that's how bad it was.
If the Republicans didn't sign on to amnesty right now, if they didn't get this done before the November elections, it was sayonara. It was fini. It was totala completa fini! It was over, done, and they may as well quit. Yet here we are, with TheHill.com now telling us, quote, "Latino voters, who are the most energized about overhauling the nation's immigration laws, will have little impact on the battle for control of the Senate, with the possible exception of Sen. Mark Udall's (D) race in Colorado."

Now, what's happened here?
In two months, Latino voters "will have little impact on the battle for control of the Senate." This is, by the way, the result of polling data. The writer here is Alexander Bolton. This is not his assertion. This is the result of polling data. That's my point about how quickly things change in politics. Just two months ago the Republicans were dead unless they signed on to amnesty.
Now in July, we've got data which says that Latino voters are not even going to be a factor in Senate races coming up. Is that not stunning? How does that happen in two months? Well, we all know how it happened. It's called open borders for unaccompanied children from Central America. It's called being inundated with 300,000 illegals since April alone. The Democrats overplayed their hand here, at this point in time.
Now, things could change again between now and November. You never want to count anything like this as done and in the can, obviously. But the Hill headline: "Immigration Reform Fizzles as Campaign Issue for Democrats." Immigration reform has "fizzled" for the Democrats who are barely talking about it now on the campaign trail, despite making the issue their top priority in 2013 and 2004. What issues haven't fizzled?
That's the real question: What issues have not fizzled for the Democrats? Is the economy going great guns for 'em? No. Is foreign policy going great guns for 'em? No. Obamacare? There's some brand-new horror stories today about Obamacare I will have for you as the program unfolds. We are learning that all of these people who think that they are going to be subsidized probably will not be in Obamacare.
Yeah, I'll hold that thought, because I will get to it as the program unfolds. There's a big story out of Missouri about that, but Obamacare is a mess. It hasn't rolled out anywhere close, in any way close to the way it was promised. There are no good vibes about it. That's all you need to know. You don't even need to get into the nuts and bolts. There just aren't any good vibes. There's no good buzz.

There's no good P.R. about Obamacare.
It's a mess. So what issues have not fizzled? Immigration's not the only thing that's blown up in their faces, and then here's this money paragraph again: "Latino voters, who are the most energized about overhauling the nation’s immigration laws, will have little impact on the battle for control of the Senate, with the possible exception of Sen. Mark Udall’s (D) race in Colorado."
Mark Udall, just to remind you, is the guy who refused to even appear with Obama when Obama was doing a fundraiser for him. Udall didn't even show up for it, and he was the beneficiary. A lot of Democrats running for the Senate do not want Obama anywhere near their states. It was just a couple of months ago the media was telling us that the Republicans didn't stand a prayer unless they "rebranded" and "reached out" to Hispanics by embracing amnesty.

The media was also telling the Republicans to do this even as the current tsunami of illegal aliens was already underway, 'cause this current tsunami started back in December, and it explains why the Drive-Bys ignored this invasion 'til only a few weeks ago and why, even now, the Drive-Bys are really giving it scant coverage, 'cause they know it is hurting the cause of amnesty.
So if it's not gonna be Latino voters who play the most important role in the midterm elections, who's it gonna be? Well it says here: "White working-class voters will play a more important role in the midterm election compared to the 2012 presidential election. They are not energized by immigration reform. Instead, they are concerned about downward pressure on wages, which the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has linked to higher immigration levels."
Now, let me take you back. Thomas B. Edsall, in November 2011, writes a New York Times piece about the strategy the Obama presidential campaign in 2012, which was to write off "white working-class voters." Why? Because they had lost them. They had already lost white working-class voters, and Thomas B. Edsall writes a piece explaining this.
He's very happy, thinks it's brilliant strategy. Instead, the White House is gonna focus more and more on minorities and the poor for their base turnout. Well, there is a practical result of that reality, and it is now white working-class voters are the most important voters coming up in the midterms, according to all of these polls.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: I just want to share with you one more little short paragraph from this Hill.com story: "Democratic strategists admit their party's record on immigration reform will do little to help candidates this year, although they predict it could be a potent weapon in the 2016 presidential election." Now, stop and wait just a damn minute here. For the last how many years have we been hearing that the only issue that will save the Republican Party is amnesty?
We have been inundated with this. We have been beat upside the head with this. We have been told day in and day out that we're racists and bigots if we oppose it. We've been told that we are not being honest, and it isn't amnesty. It's "compressive immigration reform," and it's the only thing that can save the Republican Party. Republican consultants have been repeating this.
Republican so-called conservative media types have been spreading this, have been repeating it. It's been everywhere in the Drive-By Media. Everywhere. Now here we are a few short months from the 2014 midterms: "Immigration Reform Fizzles as Campaign Issue for Democrats." Folks, it never was. This is such... This is more -- I don't know -- fraud, trickery, rebuke, manipulation, what have you.

They have attempted -- the pro-amnesty forces have attempted with the sycophantic assistance of the Drive-By Media -- to portray the majority of people in this country as pro-amnesty. That never has been the case. The majority of the country is not for open borders. The majority of the country is not for erasing the border.
How in the world can you go from years and years of promises that the Republican Party is dead unless it signs on to amnesty, and then two months from the election, we get a story about how, "Immigration Reform Fizzles as Campaign Issue for Democrats"? You want to say, "Well, Rush, this thing at the border going on now, it kind of blew up in their faces." No, why? This is exactly what they're talking about. What's going on at the border is us as "a humane country." It's opening our borders. It's letting people in to "improve their lives."
Comprehensive immigration reform? You're looking at it! This is what most people instinctively know. It's why they oppose "comprehensive immigration reform," because we are seeing what it will lead to. It has never been a majority issue. It has never been the issue that's gonna save the Republican Party. It's never been the issue that the Republican Party needs to adopt in order to win. It can't have been, if the media is now saying that the Democrats are not even gonna be helped by it.
It's another bit of trickery and tomfoolery.
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: No, I'm just saying I don't think it's ever been true, and I think that people putting and promoting it know it hasn't been true. This idea that the only issue that can save the Republican Party is amnesty, I thought that's BS from the get-go. It defies common sense. An issue that's gonna strengthen the Democrat Party is the only salvation for the Republican Party? It's never made any sense.
We know these are Democrats-in-waiting. We know the Democrats look at this as a voter registration program. What in the world was anybody really thinking, that this is the future of the Republican Party? They got Chuck Schumer and all these other Democrats supposedly worrying that the Republicans are never gonna ever win the White House again unless they sign on to amnesty? When has Chuck Schumer ever cared about the Republicans winning the White House? Never. He doesn't now, he didn't last week, and he never has.
It's been a lie from the get-go. It's been fraudulent reporting from the get-go. And everybody in the Beltway, in the establishment, has been in on it. The only question is, for me, how many Republicans know all of this is BS and are saying it anyway versus how many of them have actually been fooled by it, who actually believe that their only salvation is immigration reform, i.e., amnesty, versus how many are just saying it for campaign donations.

But it's never made any sense. It has never passed the smell test. I'm still amazed by this story: "Immigration Reform Fizzles as Campaign Issue for Democrats." And I know some of you, "Rush, it's a trick. It's a media trick. It's designed to get you to lay down your --" No, no, no, no, it's not, because it isn't. What in the world about what is happening with unaccompanied children flooding America is a positive? What about it is a positive for anybody? I mean, it's a positive for the Democrats down the road, but how is this helping America?
I mean, what about this has got people standing up and cheering and wanting more of it, is the point, and the answer is, none of it. It's got people standing up and saying, "Stop, no more." It does not have people standing, applauding and saying, "Let 'em all in. Bring even more in." So tell me, how in the world is this a positive? This is what has exposed, in my view, the truth of comprehensive immigration reform. And I think it's something that's backfired on the Democrats.
I think this is something that is designed -- there's no way anybody, common sense, smell test, there is no way anybody can convince me that if you trace it back to last December, if you trace it to January when we had the memo posted by the government seeking transportation companies for these kids, don't forget that, there was a memo, job listing memo posted by the Regime seeking logistics and transportation companies to be able to transport this influx of kids when it began to all parts of the country. That went up in January.
The number since April, according to New York Times, between 240 and 300,000. They're not coming from Mexico, but from El Salvador and Ecuador and Guatemala. It takes 45 days to get here. This is a coincidence? It just happened because of corruption and poverty and what have you, in their own countries, which has been the case for a while, nothing new about that. You go back to 2012, the DREAM Act, where Obama just with the stroke of his pen said that anybody here under 16 illegally is now legal and you can stay, sends a message to others.
A piece in the Weekly Standard here by Scott W. Johnson, couple paragraphs. "Many Americans are deeply disturbed by the 'situation.' They resent the expenditure of resources." Hello, Bernadette Lancelin, the black woman in Houston who's fed up the money is being spent on these kids when there are American kids in need. Now, let's not open a can of worms. I know, she's probably really upset that Obama's spending money on the kids from Obama's stash. But still she's ticked off about it, instinctively she gets it.
The appropriation of money for these facilities is four billion. What do you need four billion for? Didn't we just commandeer seven billion from a bank because of the way they behaved during the subprime mortgage crisis? We just fined some bank seven bill, just take that money. Why do we need four billion new dollars for this? People instinctively understand that. Four billion, for what? They're not being medically screened. They're not being housed permanently. They're already being shipped out to all parts of the country. What's the money for?
By the way, as I read the news accounts of the fate of Obama's legislative request for four billion, what I hear is the amount is the least contentious aspect. Yeah. The amount of money is the least contentious aspect of it, meaning he's gonna get it. Once they dot the I's and cross the T's of the details of this, he's gonna get the money, 'cause the Republicans don't want to be seen as racist and so forth, even though there's none of that involved here anymore. That never was the case. That was manufactured, too. That's every bit as fraudulent as the idea the Republicans will never win the White House again unless they embrace amnesty.
Republicans are seen as racists and bigots and whatever else because they oppose. How can that be if this is not a big issue for the Democrats anymore? Many Americans "fear the public health consequences of their dispersion, with reports reliably indicating, despite attempts to suppress the information, the presence of tuberculosis and other unwelcome conditions among them. They also suspect that the president of the United States supports the situation."
Of course he does! It is his plan. It is his program. The reason he doesn't want to go to the border is because he cannot be seen welcoming the kids to their new home. And he's not gonna go down there and tell 'em to go back. That's not the point.
And then there's this, ladies and gentlemen. "Conditions have not suddenly changed in the minors’ home countries. So far as we can tell, the cartels and their customers have a sophisticated understanding of American immigration law (it prohibits the immediate deportation of minors 'other than Mexican')," the noncontiguous aspect. They have a very sophisticated understanding of the law and how the White House enforces it, i.e., DREAM Act. They don't enforce it. The president signs a piece of paper and they get to stay. "The cartels have figured out where the hole is."
This is all part of a grand strategy. It's not massive refugees from a war-torn Bosnia or a war-torn whatever. It is a planned strategy with many people being involved that has political objectives in this country. I think a lot of people instinctively know that this that's happening right now is exactly what comprehensive immigration reform would mean, which is why it does not have majority support, which is why it never has had majority support. How in the world can we be told that a political party's only hope to ever win the White House is to sign on to legislation that does not even have majority American support?
BREAK TRANSCRIPT
RUSH: There's a Breitbart story today: "In New York City, First Lady Michelle Obama spoke at the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) convention, promising that her husband would act on his own to fix the broken immigration system." The League of United Latin American Citizens. I wonder what countries in Latin America they are the citizens of?
Now, ladies and gentlemen, in case there is one scintilla of doubt that Obama and the Democrats are encouraging this flood of illegal aliens, let me read to you from the article, quoting Moochelle Obama. "Obama reminded the attendees that they couldn’t wait for Congress to act on their future and urged them to seize opportunities on their own." Do you know what that means? The first lady of the United States of America was encouraging citizens of foreign countries to break American law.
Mrs. Obama reminded the attendees they couldn't wait for Congress to act on their future. No, no, no, no. And she urged them to seize opportunities on their own. Quote, "We cannot afford to wait on Congress to lift up our next generation. We can’t afford to wait on anybody when it comes to our kids’ future. Your grandparents and parents didn’t wait for opportunities to come to them. No, they packed up their families and moved to this country for a better life."
Is there any doubt here, folks, she just encouraged this flood of illegal aliens and is encouraging them to break the law. How else do you interpret this? She "reminded the attendees that they couldn’t wait for Congress to act on their future and urged them to seize opportunities on their own. 'Your grandparents and parents didn’t wait for opportunities to come to them.'" Nope, they packed up their families and they crossed the border for a better life.

And again, I don't think too big a deal can be made of this, the story that's at TheHill.com today: "Immigration Reform Fizzles as Campaign Issue for Democrats." I'm gonna tell you, I know I've focused on this some today, but this to me is the story of the day. How many years have we sat here and been insulted and told that we are racists and sexists and bigots and all of that because we don't support comprehensive immigration reform, which we all understand to be amnesty?
And then after we've been insulted, then we have been warned, we have been told that the Republican Party, unless they sign on to this, will never, ever win the White House again, ever. That they won't even continue to be a viable political party, unless they sign on to comprehensive immigration reform, as defined by Obama and the Democrats, which is amnesty, and I don't care what anybody says. They've even warned me personally: "Rush, it isn't amnesty. It's not amnesty."
Well, what's Michelle Obama talking about, then? What's going on here at the Southern border? They're crossing and they're being dispersed all over the country and placed in the homes of families, some of whom may not be citizens themselves. They're not gonna be deported. They're not gonna be sent back. What is it? But the point is that here we are a few short months from the election, and I've got multiple stories about how Obama's toxic for the Democrats.
I mean, there's a story at TheHill.com here. I put it at the bottom 'cause I wasn't gonna get to it. I thought it would be redundant. But, "Obama the Pariah," it's called, and the article is nothing but quotes from Democrats upset with Obama about a lot of things: the economy, Obamacare, what's going on at the Southern border, you name it, because there isn't anything going right. There's nothing happening out there that any Democrat can run on and say, "Vote for me, I'll give you more of it." There's nothing positive happening out there and Obama is identified as the cause at the center of all of it.
But, folks, how do you go from years and years and years of being told the only way your party can win the White House is to just gulp and sign on to immigration reform, the only way, and then you hear your own party officials repeating it, and you think, "My God, how stupid's everybody gotten? The Republicans are out there talking like this." And instinctively you knew that it was a crock. Instinctively you knew because there is not majority support in any poll anywhere in the country for it.
And yet all of these powerful interests on Wall Street and American Big Business, corporatists and so forth, everybody saying, "We gotta do this or we're done. We gotta do this or we're toast. We gotta do this or we don't have a political future, and if you don't get it done we're all gonna bomb out. It's gonna be your fault," they said to us. The other side of this is, "It's a slam dunk for the Democrats. My God, we've got to get on board. We've gotta stop the Democrats, why, if they own this issue, why, they're gonna win everything!" And here we are two months, three months before the election, and the issue has fizzled as a campaign advantage for the Democrats? How does that happen?
I'm telling you, the only way it can happen is if it was never true in the first place. And I submit to you that it wasn't in the first place. It has never been the case that the only hope the Republican Party has is to get out front on immigration reform. I hear Democrat after Democrat warning the Republicans, under the guise of trying to help them. Chuck Schumer is the first name to come to mind, but there are many others: "If you guys don't get on the right side of the issue with these Hispanic voters, you're never gonna win the White House again," as though they care about us winning the White House.
This is huge to me. This is huge, the level of fraud and deceit that's been perpetrated here, and now two months before the election it's exposed as just that. It's just a little story here, Hill.com: "Immigration Reform Fizzles as Campaign Issue for Democrats." And you got Michelle Obama out there virtually inspiring more of this. There isn't any question that this is intentional. There isn't any question that this is what's desired. I mean, for crying out loud. "Don't wait for Congress to lift up our next generation"? And she's not talking about Bernadette Lancelin's kids in Houston. She's talking about our next generation as coming from Central America, Mexico, wherever.
It's just mind-boggling. (imitating Moochelle) "We can't afford to wait on Congress. We can't afford to wait on anybody. Your grandparents and parents didn't wait for the opportunities to come to them. Nope. They packed up their families and they moved to this country for a better life." She's not talking about people that passed citizenship tests. She's not talking about people that went to the immigration department, stood in line, followed the policies and procedures. That's not to whom she is speaking.
END TRANSCRIPT

Related Links

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...sty_is_a_loser