Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

S1637 New Immigration Bill??????

I thought I heard Harry Reid say this morning that the immigration bill that's going to be debated is S1637. I just tried to look that bill up and Thomas library says it hasn't yet been submitted by the GOP.

Did anyone else hear this or do I just need a little more coffee this morning?
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Perhaps that was the number for an amendment?

Harry said he was putting S1637 on the calendar and he called it (I thought) the immigration bill.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thomas said this about it

Title: A bill to provide emergency relief to meet the immediate needs of survivors of Hurricane Katrina for health care, housing, education, and financial relief, and for other purposes.
    Sponsor: Sen Reid, Harry [NV] (introduced 9/8/2005)

How did you find that Helizna? I just called my Senator, plus Senator Sessions office and they both said that bill hasn't been received yet and they don't know what the contents are. The staffer in Sessions office went off to ask and still couldn't find out what was in it.

Finding bills

I love google...

On June 14, Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) announced that S. 1348, the amnesty/guestworker bill, will be debated again on the Senate floor after Members finish work on the energy bill, which could be as early as June 21.

http://numbersusa.com/index

I just googled S1637 and came up with at least 3 different previous Senate bills all using that same number. From a Forestry Office Funds Bill to Senator Clinton's amendment on holding overseas contractors accountable.

I am beginning to sense they use numbers over and over again for different bills, so I guess we still don't know.

Legislation > 110th U.S. Congress (2007-200
    S. 1637: A bill to establish a geothermal heat pump technology acceleration program relating to General Services Administration facilities

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1637

Hope this helps!

(I think the answer to your question is, "More coffee Tinybob!")

Thank you, tired. I guess we'll just have to wait and see which one of these many bills all using this same number is the one Reid is talking about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast