Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Salazar's View on English-Official Language

Inhoffe is bringing an amendment to the floor to make English the official language in this immigration bill. But Salazar has an amendment that would kill Inhoffe's amendment.

Salazar states that making English the official language should be left up to each state to make that determination for their own state. Hawaii and New Mexico have already adopted that policy because of the natives in those states. He seems to forget that the natives in those states were there before we were, not the same with the Hispanics coming across the border. It appears to me that Salazar is trying to ban the English language as the National language in this country.

I think we should keep an eye on these amendments when they come up this evening.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Salazar is speaking of this right now on the Senate floor.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, who is he anyway?

I just emailed him from his web page, told him I was furious that our own government is forcing American tax payers to "pay the way" for lawbreakers!
    Do not vote for Party this year, vote for America and American workers!

Well, this could be really important because he pulled the same thing last year and got away with it. If the immigration bill would have been passed last year, English would never have stood a chance to become the official language.

Last year, Inhoffe brought up a similar amendment in the immigration bill to make English the official language. Everybody voted for it, but when Salazar presented his amendment that would kill it, they all voted for Salazar's bill. He's pulling the same crap this year.

I am thinking the more this bill stays intact ,the better the chance it will die .

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Theodore Roosevelt's ideas on immigrants and being an AMERICAN in 1907.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."
    Theodore Roosevelt 1907

JAK
    Yes, and didn't he say that we should leave it alone because it was signed into law by clinton and has been the law until now...so we shold leave it alone????

If he feels that way.... lwhy are they changing immigration laws!!!!!!!!
    They worked fine UNTIL we had a massive invasion by mexico....... double standard...JERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This man is sickening!!!!! I have called his office and told them he isn't worthty to hold office, he is a traitor...and more....and he hasn't hear d the last of me either.
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!

Well, hopefully, they'll fight like cats and dogs tonight and kill the whole thing.

Inhoffe is speaking of it now on the floor.

Yeah I saw Salazar's speech against the Inhofe amendment and I didn't know if I should throw up or put a brick through my TV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast