Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

What I had to laugh at and roll my eyes at was their quoting us on the whole "Cinco deMayo" thing, and attempt to use it as a means to verify their paranoid suspicions that we are anti-Latino.

I mock this holiday as my husbands co-worker verified to him that it is about as important, in Mexico, as St. Patricks day here, it is more of a party time and not a really serious holiday at all, maybe even less attention paid to it than St. Pats day here.

He said that almost all simply just go to the little celebrations in order to have fun and drink, mainly drink.

I also make fun of St. Patricks day too, so I must be anti-Irish.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I would also like to say something about legal immigrants ...they have a responsibility when they come to America to learn the Language and assimilate, not keep only their language and colonize into towns as if they never left their country....this is not Uniting as a Nation, it is destructive, and how will they ever feel apart of this country if they do not feel like they fit in.

It is their personal responsibility to become an American....although these days I see a lot of people who do not believe in taking personal responsibility for any thing anymore.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Well said Sosadforus, well said.

I would go even further and hypothesize that multiculturalism and diversity really aren't being utilized by all groups. Minorities typically self-segregate and subscribe to their own cultural preservation, rather than assimilation. Sure, they learn enough about the U.S. to get around, but rarely do you see ownership of U.S. patriotism exhibited.

I don't blame them, as it's how many societies in the World operate. Peaceful, intertwined coexistence with distinct cultural differences is entirely possible. I simply have an issue because the latitude given to minorities isn't granted to Caucasians. As a Caucasian male, I haven't the freedom to earn something of my own and/or for my own. I can't establish a scholarship or start a support organization for other Caucasian males. I can't even say I publicly support the idea without immediately eliciting a racist label from some direction.

As Amercans we are NOT responsible for everyone else on this planet! If ANY immigrant REFUSES to learn English, obey OUR laws, and respect races, cultures, and religions OTHER than his own, then America is NOT for him! Whoever wishes to live among us must ABIDE by OUR rules or GET OUT!

Arizona, where the illegals are slithering away
    Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    Just another example of an ignorant rant (without any merit as usual) in which someone shouts "racism" at the top of their lungs and hopes someone will listen.

Why are pro-illegal invader groups so focused on race and racism? Why cannot they ever use the rule of law or facts to make their case in support of illegal invaders - instead of focusing on race and calling those who oppose them "racists?" Could it be that the facts and rule of law completely contradict their positions, as thus, they must rely on the argument of 'racism' in order to further their agenda?

In other words, business as usual with pro-illegal invader groups...
    The pro illegal immigration fans are showing signs of desperation IMHO when they try to throw the 'race card'-----because they subconsciously know they are losing the war of public opinion.
    StarshipTrooper<div>
    </div><div>Things happen for a reason.</div>

AE

Squire, I often wonder what would happen if someone started a college fund for caucasians? I firmly believe LaRaza would have some words for that, now wouldn't they?
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Stincko demayo
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

AE

AmericanPatriot, that is what my husband jokes and calls it in front of his Mexican co-worker, who also laughs too, so to those wanting to call that a "racist" comment, then they will have to accuse his co-worker of it, although that would be rather ridiculous since he hails from Mexico.

I call that being "thin-skinned".

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    AmericanPatriot, that is what my husband jokes and calls it in front of his Mexican co-worker, who also laughs too, so to those wanting to call that a "racist" comment, then they will have to accuse his co-worker of it, although that would be rather ridiculous since he hails from Mexico.

I call that being "thin-skinned".
    AE, I got a good laugh out of if...thank you!

I have young nieces and nephews that have Latino heritage (not Mexican) they are my family and I love them dearly. I don't look at them and say gee I can't stand them cause they are part Spanish. We are all American and enjoy all the typical American holidays, we love this beautiful, wonderful country. So, Stinco demayo is a non holiday for us.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

AE

This can be said for American "holidays" such as St. Patricks Day, Valentines and such. We have these days that are "holidays" that have little meaning other than just for partying and fun. My husbands co-worker said most people in Mexico consider Cinco de Mayo in that same way too, it is when they come here they make a big deal of it to claim it so they can promote their "heritage" (although he said it is a localized holiday, not national).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast