Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sarah Palin&Jan Brewer start border web site.

http://securetheborder.org/

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin defended Arizona's new immigration law Saturday and announced the launch of a website to inform Americans about border security.

Palin said Arizona is "ground zero" for the nation's border-security issues during a news conference organized by Brewer's gubernatorial campaign.

"It's time for Americans across this great country to stand up and say, 'We're all Arizonans now,' " Palin said. "And in clear unity we say, 'Mr. President, do your job. Secure our borders.' "

Palin also said Arizona was an example for the rest of the nation to follow. She was in town to speak at the Arizona Sportsmen for Wildlife Conservation's annual banquet at the JW Marriott Desert Ridge Resort and Spa in north Phoenix.

Arizona is facing economic boycotts from dozens of cities and groups since Brewer signed the toughest immigration law in the country last month. It goes into effect July 29.

The law requires an officer engaged in a "lawful stop, detention or arrest" to ask about a person's legal status when reasonable suspicion exists that the person is in the U.S. illegally. Race, color or national origin cannot be considered "except to the extent permitted by the United States or Arizona Constitution."

About 60 protesters from the Dallas chapter of the League of United Latin American Citizens gathered outside the resort before Palin and Brewer arrived.

Earlier in the day, the self-titled "Freedom Riders" marched along Washington Street, chanting, waving American flags and holding signs that read "Repeal SB1070."

Later in the afternoon, Brewer chided President Barack Obama for joking about the new immigration law.

"It's fair to ask whether he intends to be the commander in chief or the comic in chief," Brewer said to loud cheers at the news conference, which was filled with Brewer re-election supporters.

The website announced by Palin and Brewer, SecuretheBorder.org, provides contact information for individuals and organizations that have called for an Arizona boycott. Visitors are also encouraged to sign a petition supporting Arizona, demanding a secure border and opposing a boycott. The website is paid for by Brewer's re-election campaign.

Jennifer Johnson, a spokeswoman for the Arizona Democratic Party, said Brewer failed to offer any new ideas on securing the border.

"Every word that was crafted today was done with her campaign in mind. Arizona was an afterthought," Johnson said. (guess it is working!!!!)

Read more and see video...: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/ ... z0o80hOLOj

I signed the petition.

No matter how Palin may disgust some the cause is correct.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Jennifer Johnson, a spokeswoman for the Arizona Democratic Party, said Brewer failed to offer any new ideas on securing the border.

"Every word that was crafted today was done with her campaign in mind. Arizona was an afterthought," Johnson said. (guess it is working!!!!)
    New ideas? She just signed 1070 into law! The only new idea we need is to enforce existing immigration law, (which 1070 does), in large part, because obama and the federal government refuse to do so!

Besides, your obama is doing the same thing! Obama continues to pander to millions of illegal invders in this country - with promises of amnesty, in the hopes of cashing in on their votes. Except in obama's case, the United States of America is simply an afterthought!

I know what you mean! But hey, at least Brewer is pandering with this nation's best interest and it's laws at heart. I'll take that any day, considering the alternative!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes the pro illegal coverage also portrays Brewer as a crass opportunist seeking the Anglo vote and nothing more. Well we need some attorneys on our side. The citizenry can take the government to court for not looking out for our best interests too! So she is obligated and she stepped up and met the challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by sarum
    I signed the petition.

No matter how Palin may disgust some the cause is correct.
    I have been saying that Palin being around AZ will change her thinking. Jan may finally make her see the light!!! I hope...

"new ideas"....LOL. We dont need any "new ideas" on border security. The old ideas work just fine. ENFORCE THE LAW.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes, Brewer is not a walk-in like Napolitano. She has lived here a long time. She may be privileged and therefore miss a lot but I think she has a much better grip so far. I wish I could go down to the capital every day and watch how Goddard handles the case. Since he wants to replace Brewer. Wish I had some betting money!

Support Arizona
    Below are organizations who are considering boycotting Arizona for standing up to Washington to support the rule of law and demand border security. Take a stand and call or email these organizations and let them know that you support Arizona.

Major League Baseball Players Association
    Michael Weiner, Executive Director
    (212) 826-0808
    feedback@mlbpa.org

Congressman Raul Grijalva (D- AZ)
    (520) 622-6788

Congressman Jose Serrano (D-NY)
    (71 620-0084
    Contact Form

San Francisco, CA
    Mayor Gavin Newsom
    (415) 554-6141
    gavin.newsom@sfgov.org

St. Paul, MN
    Mayor Christopher B. Coleman
    (651) 266-8510
    Contact the Mayor

Oakland, CA
    Mayor Ronald V. Dellums
    (510) 238-3141

Los Angeles, CA
    Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa
    (213) 978 - 0721
    mayor@lacity.org

Sacramento, CA
    Mayor Kevin Johnson
    (916) 808-5300
    Contact Mayor Johnson

San Diego, CA
    Mayor Jerry Sanders
    (619) 236-6330
    JerrySanders@sandiego.gov

Boulder, CO
    Mayor Susan Osborne
    (303) 447-3280
    osbornes@bouldercolorado.gov

City of Auston
    Mayor Lee Leffingwell
    (512) 974-2250
    lee.leffingwell@ci.austin.tx.us

Boston, MA
    Mayor Thomas M. Menino
    (617) 635-4500
    mayor@cityofboston.gov

El Paso, TX
    Mayor John F. Cook
    (915)541-4145
    mayor@elpasotexas.gov

Denver Public Schools
    (720) 423-3414
    communications_office@dpsk12.org

The National Council of La Raza
    (202) 785-1670
    comments@nclr.org

Service Employees International Union
    (800) 424-8592

National Urban League
    Marc H. Morial, President and CEO
    (212) 558-5300
    Contact Us

American Immigration Lawyers Association
    Crystal L. Williams, Esq., Executive Director
    (202) 507-7600
    executive@aila.org

Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity
    (410) 554.0040
    admin@apa1906.net

American Educational Research Association
    (202) 238-3200
    flevine@aera.net

Sociologists Without Borders
    (919) 962-5603
    jrblau@email.unc.edu

Asian American Justice Center
    (202) 296-2300
    knarasaki@advancingequality.org

Center for Community Change
    (202) 339-9300
    DBhargava@communitychange.org

United Food and Commercial Workers
    (602) 254-0099

National Black Caucus of State Legislators
    (202) 624-5457

National Hispanic Caucus of State Legislators
    (202) 434-8070

http://www.securetheborder.org/support-arizona/

(202) 624-5457

(202) 434-8070
    Do you think it would be racist (of course it would) to suggest we might need a National White Caucus of State Legislators? I mean, every other group has representation based upon race or ethnicity, pursuing legislation which benefits their specific group.

Who's looking out for our interests, in this day of representation based upon race?

Quote Originally Posted by NoBueno
    (202) 624-5457

(202) 434-8070
    Do you think it would be racist (of course it would) to suggest we might need a National White Caucus of State Legislators? I mean, every other group has representation based upon race or ethnicity, pursuing legislation which benefits their specific group.

Who's looking out for our interests, in this day of representation based upon race?
    Not in the least.

I don't get or understand why there are not laws protecting whittie...I know there are but like immigration who will use them for a white guy? You would get laughed out of court.

This race card thing is way out of control. Entitlements pray on the white majority tax payer and pick the bones clean. I don't know when and were it will happen and white people have to stand up...but it has to happen someday... This can't go on forever...can it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast