Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Say Goodbye to Hershey!

This email came to me today:

SAY GOODBYE TO HERSHEY

A sad story for those of us who remember growing up with Hershey bars, and just as sad for the generations of today. What will be outsourced next? Pennsylvania is a big state, but it amazes me in this day, how some news doesn't make it over the mountain to the front page of our papers or the top of our news hours in Western Pennsylvania.

Milton Hershey, this year, will be joining H. J Heinz in rolling over in his grave. Hershey Chocolate is moving to MEXICO...whoopee! They're even closing down Hershey Canada. Don't buy any more Hershey Bars. They are my favorite, but, I will not purchase another one!

M.S. Hershey had a dream... I will buy my OWN Sugar, Milk, Cocoa beans, (all natural mind you!) and make candy...(no tariffs etc..) EVEN during the depression...HE and the Compan y made money...NOW some Corporate big wigs are ruining the name... AND the product M.S. created...

Please pass it on...What a bunch of college educated "idiots".

Thank you M.S. Hershey for all the things I have and all you have done for me and my family..."I" do appreciate it... as for "Dick" Lenny and Company, good luck you greedy, money loving so and so... you are ruining the name, the company, and MANY lives in central Pennsylvania....

Read on...Enough is Enough!

So Hershey executives are closing plants in the US, laying off over a thousand people, and destroying Mr. Hershey's dream, all to cut labor, material costs and AVOID PAYING ANY US TAXES!

The company will save about $170 million a year, all on the backs of the American people. The top executives will still make their mega bucks and the laid off workers will have to find other jobs, some probably at minimum wage due to their age. All this to take their jobs to India, China and Mexico.

So WHAT part of the "GREAT" American Chocolate Bar is left?...NOTHING! These countries are no doubt laughing at the Americans, who they don't like anyway. How long are the American people going to sit around and let big corporations do this to us? We must all band together and let our Politicians in Washington know we have had it with NAFTA, CAFTA and "SHAFTA" and we won't take it any longer!

Please, do not buy any Hershey product! If the company wants to take the work to these countries, then let those countries buy the product. We don't need it!

BOYCOTT HERSHEY!!
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

what...?

WHAT...?

Blame the U.S government . They pay'em incentives to go out of country. Of course the Corp Elites will get HUGE bonuses well the worker in America gets a pink slip.
    I didn't spent 2 years in the Nam for Corp Greed or Super-Elites to ruin MY country . What is wrong with most of the people ? They should be tearing the White House down with anger . To you have to wait for the NWO to kick your teeth in to finally get up-set ? or is it just me ?
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Hershey already is making certain other products in Mexico and has been for a while, so I have not bought Hershey for quite a while!! Another American traitor.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

AE

No more Hersheys for this family. I cannot buy from a company that would basically put out good American workers out on the streets financially and even in actuallity in some cases, all to save on taxes and wages.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

So Hershey executives are closing plants in the US, laying off over a thousand people, and destroying Mr. Hershey's dream, all to cut labor, material costs and AVOID PAYING ANY US TAXES!
    America is fast becoming a nation of consumers in which nothing is produced, manufactured, or exported.

We import everything through horrific trade imbalances in which we are given very little in return. Jobs are leaving this country to expand in countries like China and India where workers can be exploited by greedy corporations who's only concern is the bottom line.

And those companies that remain want to lobby Congress to increase the number of H-1B Visas so as to displace even more American Workers, all in an effort to increase the bottom line.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

Now I will say this, no more Hershey till we get a straight answer from them.

I called customer service and asked either where I could find this information, and/or if this person could tell me about Hershey jobs being outsourced to other countries. Of course there was the immediate jump in by this nice woman about Hersheys quality even with outsourced factories.

I assured her that I was not questioning their standards of product quality, but about American jobs. She said that 90% of Hersheys products are made in the U.S.A. , however, she kept going back to this issue of quality.

Supposedly there is info on their coroporate site about their current operations, and about the Kisses being moved to Mexico (she said that they were just "expanding" to keep up with their competitors). I do not feel that through this person I was given the whole story and that she has been trained in the politics of the company to not actually say what is happening.

So, if we can all spend a little time trying to pick apart what she actually said and find out on their site (she said to check into their archives...) to see what is actually going on, it would be good.

If ALIPACer's find out that Hershey is actually considering moving most of their jobs out of the U.S., then we as Americans need to think about a boycott of this company. We may not be fighting the issue of illegal immigration there, but the effects are the same for Americans, and it is high time we let these companies know that we as Americans cannot sit down and take it, just so they can profit more.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I thought Hershey moved to Mexico in 2006. I have not been buying their products because of this stupid move.

If more people knew Hershey makes their candies in Mexico they would stop buying their candy. Thats just as bad as buying candy made in China.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

when i called them about a year ago and talked to someone about it the information i got was actually because of cheaper labor. they are closing down a plant in CALIFORNIA and laying off workers at other american plants to BUILD A NEW PLANT and open it in mexico. i told the lady that this did not make sense to close one only to go somewhere else and build a new one.

she didnt understand it either but again insisted that the cheaper labor was a reason. and supposedly also that its cheaper to get sugar in mexico than it is in the USA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast