Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It would be terrible if she chose JANET MURGIA, the president of LaRaz, as her running mate.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean
    It would be terrible if she chose JANET MURGIA, the president of LaRaz, as her running mate.
    I shudder to even think of it!

I wouldn't be at all surprised if she picks Bill Richardson. Not only because he's Hispanic, but because he can legitimately claim some foreign policy experience, and has that Secretary of Energy post to his credit. He certainly likes to remind us of that at every opportunity. I think I'll leave the country if this is what we have to look forward to for the next four years. Maybe the Virgin Islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if she picks Bill Richardson. Not only because he's Hispanic, but because he can legitimately claim some foreign policy experience, and has that Secretary of Energy post to his credit. He certainly likes to remind us of that at every opportunity. I think I'll leave the country if this is what we have to look forward to for the next four years. Maybe the Virgin Islands.
    I think that now after her illegal license flip flop she actually needs him. Pretty soon we'll be lucky to see a presidential debate in english.

I've already been planning to leave the country but if this duo were to win that would certainly amp up my plans.
    The John McCain Call Center
    [img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/815000/images/_818096_foxphone150.jpg[/]

Just heard this on the Rush Limbaugh show.

A man called from (the country) JORDAN.......he is military, has a daughter in Iraq and a son in the marines. He stated the military is NOT for Shillary, and he's betting that the V.P. for Shillary would be retired Gen. Wesley Clark (remember he ran for president previously).

The man said she would use this to try and gain support from our huge military........including spouses, kids, relatives and friends.

Clinton simply CANNOT be ALLOWED to become our NEXT president because Clinton is a CRAZY! And if we get HER or SOME other crazy for president, it may well be the LAST president we have!

http://www.aztlan.net/richardson_for_president.htm

<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>.<>
    <> LA VOZ DE AZTLAN NEWS BULLETIN <>
    <>.<>.<> Los Angeles, Alta California <>.<>.<>
    January 23, 2007

"La Raza" stands behind Bill Richardson for US president
    The National Council of La Raza as well as many national Latino civil rights organizations and pro-immigrant groups announced yesterday their solid support of New Mexico state Governor Bill Richardson for US president. The President of the National Council of La Raza, Janet MurguĂ*a, said, "This is a great and historic event for the Latino community and we should celebrate it."

Richardson speaks perfect Spanish and his mother was born in Mexico. He is married, for over 30 years, to his high school sweetheart Barbara who was born in Nicaragua.

Juan Jose Gutierrez, Director of Movimiento Latino USA de Los Angeles, said that Richardson has a good chance of winning the Democratic Party nomination for president next year. Gutierrez added, "Even if he does not win, he will be in great position to negotiate with the victorious nominee, whether it be Barack Osama, Hillary Clinton or one of the many other Democratic candidates.

Rosa Rosales, national president of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) said that the New Mexican governor has great capacity to be an outstanding president. Rosales added, "We are proud and very happy that a Latino is today a candidate for president."

Governor Bill Richardson is against building the US/Mexico border barrier, is for giving amnesty to undocumented Mexican workers and recently met with the new president of Mexico, Felipe Calderon, to discuss issues of mutual concern.

I'll just copy & paste the pertinent because the following is very long.
    http://www.channelingreality.com/NAU/CR ... ericas.htm

The following page was captured from Thomas, the document retrieval system for the U.S. Congress. You can find the document on Thomas by going to the 103rd Congress, search term: "Uruguay", sort on date and look for November 29, 1994.

FREE TRADE FOR THE AMERICAS: THE NEXT STEPS -- (BY AMBASSADOR ABELARDO L. VALDEZ) (Extension of Remarks - November 29, 1994)

[Page: E2304]
    ---

HON. BILL RICHARDSON

in the House of Representatives

TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 29, 1994

Mr. RICHARDSON. Mr. Speaker, today, on the eve of the historic `Summit of the Americas' and 1 year after NAFTA's passage, I think it is vital that we consider future steps toward strengthening hemispheric democracies and economies. I urge my colleagues to read the following speech by Ambassador Abelardo Valdez titled `Free Trade for the Americas: The Next Steps' which was delivered at Baylor University on November 11, 1994.

(BY AMBASSADOR ABELARDO L. VALDEZ)
    Ladies and gentlemen and distinguished guests: It is a great pleasure to return to Baylor University and join you at this conference to discuss the potential and prospects of free trade for the Americas.

Twenty-seven years ago, a few months before I began my law studies at Baylor, I was fortunate to accompany President Lyndon B. Johnson to the first summit of the Presidents of the Americas at Punta del Este, Uruguay, as a young military aide. The primary goal of that first summit was to support the beginning of trade liberalization among the Latin American countries. Next month the second summit of the Americas will be held in Miami, with the primary goals of expanding free trade, strengthening democracy, and advancing economic and social development throughout the Western Hemisphere.

In the 27 years between these two historic events, our hemispheric neighborhood and the world have changed dramatically, and the small seed planted at Punta del Este is in the process of blossoming into a hemispheric free trade area, and, I predict, into a future Common Market of the Americas. The North American Free Trade Agreement (`NAFTA') has set the stage for achieving free trade throughout the Americas and strengthening the economic and political relations between the United States, Canada, Latin America and the Caribbean. I have had the good fortune to witness at close range and participate intensely in this process during the past quarter of a century. For this reason, I am especially pleased to join you at this event.

As we meet tonight, preparations for the Miami summit are reaching the critical point for decision. The United States, Canadian, and Latin Governments realize that this summit is not only a historic event, but a watershed event that could give impetus and momentum to the expansion of free trade throughout the hemisphere. The agenda for the summit is being finalized, the critical issues are being defined and the position papers are being developed. This, therefore, is a timely conference to analyze the issues from a U.S., Canadian and Latin perspective, to examine the
    pros and cons of expanding free trade throughout the Western Hemisphere, and to suggest some ways and means to achieve this goal.

The principal question before the Summit Conference is how to achieve the goal of free trade throughout the Americas and how to build on the trade liberalization efforts of the past quarter century in Latin America. Related issues include the following: Should NAFTA be the foundation for this effort? If so, how can Central and South America and the Caribbean accede to NAFTA and what could be the standards or conditions for accession? Would it be feasible or desirable for groups of countries to jointly negotiate for accession with the NAFTA member countries. Or, should countries seek membership on an individual basis? How can democracy be strengthened and the environment protected in the hemisphere? What regulatory and dispute settlement mechanisms should be put in place. There is also the question of how to integrate countries of greatly varying economic development, size and competitiveness in a common free trade area.

These are questions which are being addressed by this Conference, and which will be the focus of the Summit Conference in Miami next month.

While there seems to be a general consensus of opinion throughout the hemisphere on the goal of free trade, there is no clear consensus on how to achieve it. Moreover, the role of the United States will be pivotal and the U.S. Congress is clearly divided on whether to grant the President the indispensable `fast track' negotiating authority to commence free trade negotiations.
    "This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

All they want is a pro-amnesty hispanic in the highest office. That article confirms everything I suspected.

Just another inconvenient truth I discovered: Richardson already served under Bill Clinton as energy secretary. Ugh.

http://nymag.com/news/intelligencer/33167/

http://www.democraticunderground.com/di ... 108x122435

"La Raza" stands behind Bill Richardson for US president"

Shouldn't he be happy...this is like saying you have the support of the KKK.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast