Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

School forces boy to take flag off bike on Veterans Day

"Officials Seek To Avoid Tension On Campus"

...Thirteen-year-old Cody Alicea put the flag there as a show of support for the veterans in his family.

But officials at Denair Middle School told him he couldn't fly it. He said he was told some students had complained....."

".....'Our Hispanic, you know, kids will, you know, bring their Mexican flags and they'll display it, and then of course the kids would do the American flag situation, and it does cause kind of a racial tension which we don't really want," Parraz said. "We want them to appreciate the cultures'......"

http://www.ksbw.com/news/25763175/detail.htML

Who was complaining?

OK, dumb question, My gut feeling is it was that other race not otm
    it's the Otabs (only the anchor babies).

What they should have done with the Otabs complaining is take them into another classroom and sit their butts down and Say this is America this Is an American flag that lives and breaths our American ways ,That boys family is what the flag is all about if it offends you then you need to remove yourself from our country and out of my school because that flag stays and will never be brought down or told to be put away for you or anyone on Our American soil.
    Now get the hell out of here and learn our history. But instead they gave in and by doing that it showed our weakness in our flag and the disrespect of what it stands for. It told those Otabs that your voice is what matters and your belief or threat of violence is what we bend over for. You win we lose another piece of American history.

Banned
    This PC bending over for hispanics has to END

Quote Originally Posted by ExCaliGal
    Who was complaining?

OK, dumb question, My gut feeling is it was that other race not otm
    it's the Otabs (only the anchor babies).

What they should have done with the Otabs complaining is take them into another classroom and sit their butts down and Say this is America this Is an American flag that lives and breaths our American ways ,That boys family is what the flag is all about if it offends you then you need to remove yourself from our country and out of my school because that flag stays and will never be brought down or told to be put away for you or anyone on Our American soil.
    Now get the hell out of here and learn our history. But instead they gave in and by doing that it showed our weakness in our flag and the disrespect of what it stands for. It told those Otabs that your voice is what matters and your belief or threat of violence is what we bend over for. You win we lose another piece of American history.
    I can tell you this is what would have happened in my area--tactfully, maybe, but the gist of the message would have been as you stated. People here wouldn't put up with not being able to display an American flag on Veteran's Day (or any other day for that matter).

California, however, is a lost cause IMO.

And they want to pass the Dream Act allowing them to become citizens if they serve in the Military. Which flag would they be fighting for then? I thought one of their mantra's is that Hispanics have served in our Military and fought for this country. Wouldn't flying the American flag be honoring all of the veterans including Hispanic Americans?

School Reverses Course After Ordering Student to Remove American Flag From Bike

Published November 12, 2010
    Fox40.com

Cody Alicea, 13, rides his bicycle with his American Flag attached.
    A California school has done a U-turn after it forced a student to remove an American flag attached to his bike, saying the Stars and Stripes could spur racial tensions on campus.

Cody Alicea,13, had been flying the flag on the back of his bicycle for almost two months to show support for veterans like his grandfather, Robert Alicea.

But just in time for Veterans Day, school officials at Denair Middle School told Cody he would no longer be allowed to display the flag, citing complaints from other students.

Now, after a public outcry, the school has decided that the grand old flag can come back.

Superintendent Edward Parraz says the school was trying to avoid racial tensions that stemmed from a "little issue" that arose when Hispanic students brought Mexican flags to school on Cinco De Mayo.

"That's when it all kind of started, and I think it carried through so that when Cody started doing his flag everybody said well why isn't he getting in trouble?" Parraz told Fox40.com.

So the school asked Cody to remove the flag, both to keep the peace and for his own protection.

"It was a safety concern that that particular campus supervisor called at that particular time based on information she had heard," Parraz said.

Cody says he complied with the request to avoid trouble, but he asked the school to reconsider because he believed the decision was wrong.

"I'm supposed to be free in this country and I should be able to fly the flag wherever I want to," he told Fox40.

Apparently, he wasn't alone.

Parraz says the school got flooded with so many complaints from upset parents both inside and outside of Denair that he was called into to "handle the situation."

"It was crazy" he said.

Parraz says the school decided on Friday to allow Cody to display his flag again, and now it will be shifting its focus to the students who complained.

"In no way did we want to take that right away from Cody," Parraz told Fox40 on Friday. "…We think we know who the instigators are that were trying to do that and we need to meet with their parents and those students to just kind of explain that this isn't what we want to have. We want to make sure that our kids can appreciate a safe environment and be able to have the American flag."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/12/sc ... flag-bike/

Banned
    I've never heard of anything so fricken crazy

And why would an American school side with the raza reconquistas

I bet most of them are illegal or anchors

THIS IS NOT MEXICO AND THESE LOSERS CAN GO BACK TO MEXICO
    IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT

Quote:

"We think we know who the instigators are that were trying to do that and we need to meet with their parents and those students to just kind of explain that this isn't what we want to have. We want to make sure that our kids can appreciate a safe environment and be able to have the American flag."

Gee, do you think we will find out who those instigators were and what their motives were? Like are they anchors, illegals or Chicano Nationalists? I won't hold my breath.

These are likely anchor babies with illegal invader parents at home who hate American and teach their anchor spawn to hate this country and our flag. But you notice you do not see them going back to their beloved third world toilet bowel of a country aka mexico. Because what’s a little hate when you get that welfare check mailed to your house each month, along with your food stamp visa card!

We have a serious problem in this country, which needs to be addressed, if American citizens cannot display our flag because illegal invaders or anyone else for that matter is offended.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    I've never heard of anything so fricken crazy

And why would an American school side with the raza reconquistas
    This is why:

Superintendent Edward Parraz says the school was trying to avoid racial tensions that stemmed from a "little issue" that arose when Hispanic students brought Mexican flags to school on Cinco De Mayo.
    Superintendent is Hispanic.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast