Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Scranton, PA Rally Tonight

<div>"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite."- James Madison, The Federalist Papers No.49</div>

Why the fall off from all the national speakers?

Hazleton had such a great list of speakers.. this event... well - seems much less organized OR is it that the BIG TALKERS only wanted to link with the HAZLETON story..

I read today - They expect 200 people...

Hazleton had 1500+ easy...

I'm feeling thoughts of going not going.. maybe I'm just bummed with all the REVIVE THE BILL talk.. I just don't understand the low turnout and the smaller list of speakers..

MAYBE THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT..

either way - it's how I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by notalka
    Why the fall off from all the national speakers?

Hazleton had such a great list of speakers.. this event... well - seems much less organized OR is it that the BIG TALKERS only wanted to link with the HAZLETON story..

I read today - They expect 200 people...

Hazleton had 1500+ easy...

I'm feeling thoughts of going not going.. maybe I'm just bummed with all the REVIVE THE BILL talk.. I just don't understand the low turnout and the smaller list of speakers..

MAYBE THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT..

either way - it's how I feel.
    If you have the opportunity to go, I would encourage it. It doesn't matter if 1500, 500, or 50 people show up. What's important is those that show up, care about this country. It would also give you the opportunity to met like minded individuals.

Scranton is a little far for me, but I would enjoy hearing about your trip. Perhaps you could take a few pictures and share them with us ?

It's a bit too far for me too..

Plus - it's clear I'm coming down with something.. flu like. Maybe it's being so HOT the past few weeks - burning candle at both ends.. I'm just bushed.

Usually I pace myself.. I've learned to do this.. NOT this past week.. I screwed up - I'm sorry everyone.. I feel I let myself down and the group.. HOPEFULLY the numbers are going to be bigger.. and we will all be suprised.. but for now - I'm off to bed.

I just sent another fax to Specter.. (PA) and I made calls today... Driving while feeling this poor - not a good decision.. plus - I don't want to bring the group that does show up down.. WHOEVER DOES SHOW UP - has my respect.

I've just plumb got sick.

Go Scranton!

We're going to the March for America rally tomorrow. I'm bringing a stack of "Build The Fence" bumper stickers.

We're going to make lots of noise at the State Capitol building and then march over to CNN and make some more noise. That's an advantage that we have here in Atlanta, we can lobby the government and CNN!
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!

I'll be attending this rally tonight, it's only about 10 miles from my home. I'll be taking my flag and going!
    I have communicated with the organizer (he's from Hazleton) by e-mail and he sounds like a stand up guy. They are organizing a group and will hold meetings etc. I plan on joining.
    As far as the speakers go, Mr. Metcalf is a state representative that is fighting hard on this issue. Frank Scavo is a well known local guy that has peoples interests at heart. I understand that Mayor Barletta was supposed to attend but had a conflict.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

well -

I'm sick and even more bummed... (I'm in and out of bed - NO way I could attend..)

THIS JUST IN!!! NEWS JUST REPORTED

MAYBE - just maybe they will be geting more people than expected.. POLICE are closing streets around area of the rally...

So - While I'm home sick - I'm praying that the turnout is large. It would make me feel a lot better...

man - I wish I could have been a part if it - member magyart is right.. to be a part of even a smaller group would be the thing to do.. I dunno whats wrong with me today - I never get sick.

I'm watchign the LOCAL NEWS and will report if they do...

It might take until the 11pm news to hear things... (est)

well - the news had LIVE coverage of the rally - about 200 people, like they said.. Not many signs - and we tried like hell to read them and they were poorly done.

Overall.. the coverage by the news was weak at best.. and to be honest - the rally lacked any kind of excitement.. UNLIKE THE HAZLETON EVENT a few weeks ago... (just reporting what I've seen.. I'm not hapy about it)

Then - to top off a crappy day for me - (getting the flu in summer seems so wrong) anyways... to top it off.. THE NEWS ENDED with a young american pot head (covering his face) with a sign that read.. "NO ONE IS ILLEGAL"

You see guys! God works in mysterious ways.. had I been there - I'd have ripped that sign out of that kids hands...

I hope others report BETTER things (that were there) than what I seen on WNEP- CHANNEL 16 from the Scranton PA rally - Again - What I saw was from two 3 min LIVE reports..