Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Skip
    I'll tell you what is really anoying. All around the 32nd Street Naval Base in San Diego, most of the billboards are in Spanish.

R/ Skip

grhhhhh
    Do you think they'd get the message if that thing accidentally caught on fire? Bud is America's beer, for Gods sake
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

One thing I noticed in Ca. is, you can find signs in English covered in grafitti, but not any signs in Spanish, except for the businesses that had their signs made made from grafitti.
    At least that's what I noticed when I lived there.
    ------------------------

Thank God I shop on the Internet! I had no clue that was going on in actual stores.

To me, what is scary about that is what if it was an emergency alert? or a lost kid alert?

Was the announcement also translated to English?
    PRESS 1 FOR ENGLISH. PRESS 2 FOR DEPORTATION.

It seems most of the billboards around my town are in a different language. I called Pizza Hut last week and while I was on hold they played a promo in English and then in another language -back and forth like that. Here's a gritty display in my hometown...

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I spent a fair amount of time in J.C. Penny in the Tucson Mall on Saturday and most of their announcements were in Spanish too.
    Illegal aliens remain exempt from American laws, while they DEMAND American rights...

IIRC, the head of La Raza sits on the Sears BOD. I quit shopping there for that reason.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

I do not frequent Walmart much these days, but I have noticed that there is no more announcements, video displays etc in spanish. Used to be you had to listen to that crap the hole time you were in there. Guess enough people around here complained maybe? They also had big mexican flags draped across the ceiling, but no more of that either. (I had a very sparky conversation with the mgr about that one myself..) I only visit Walmart when it is absolutely the last place to get what I need.
    "We are being destroyed from within"

In November I bought bedroom furniture from Penny's. Two Hispanic gentlemen delivered the furniture. One spoke no English the other spoke broken English. They were very polite and nice but the problem was they could not read English. On my Armoire there was a big tag that read Caution do not open doors until you remove the packing screw. Here they were tugging and trying to force the door open. I had to tell them to leave everything alone and I signed the invoice saying I didn't want their help.

In December I got furious over the Spanish coming over the PA system, so I called the manager and let him have it. He was very nice and told me it was a corporate decision to please call them and let them no how I felt. At that time I told him about my delivery, I told him I had more furniture being delivered the next day and I was ready to cancel. Surprisingly the next day my furniture was delivered by two Americans sporting American flag emblems on their sleeves.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    In November I bought bedroom furniture from Penny's. Two Hispanic gentlemen delivered the furniture. One spoke no English the other spoke broken English. They were very polite and nice but the problem was they could not read English. On my Armoire there was a big tag that read Caution do not open doors until you remove the packing screw. Here they were tugging and trying to force the door open. I had to tell them to leave everything alone and I signed the invoice saying I didn't want their help.

In December I got furious over the Spanish coming over the PA system, so I called the manager and let him have it. He was very nice and told me it was a corporate decision to please call them and let them no how I felt. At that time I told him about my delivery, I told him I had more furniture being delivered the next day and I was ready to cancel. Surprisingly the next day my furniture was delivered by two Americans sporting American flag emblems on their sleeves.
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123