‘I Guess I Feel Sorry for the Speaker’

By mrcurmudgeon on July 10, 2013@morethanrightco

By Stephen Z. Nemo (a.k.a., Mr. Curmudgeon):

“He has dissension in his own ranks,” said Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, “I guess I feel sorry for the speaker,” Reid told the Washington press corps. Reid was referring to the difficulties Republican House Speaker John Boehner is having convincing Tea Party and conservative Republican House members to help him help Reid help President Obama’s legislative agenda.

John Boehner’s Republicans are in crisis; not because they lack loyalty for the speaker, but that so many of its members fail to give their loyalty to profound, guiding principles. Personality cults revolve around charismatic individuals. Castro comes to mind – as does a certain Chicago community organizer.
Nancy Pelosi illustrated this point when in 2010 she told the House Democratic majority they needn’t read the text of the health care law before passing it. Pelosi reminded House Democrats they served the interests of a personality cult and not those of the constituents that elected them. They paid for Obama’s arrogance in the great Tea Party “shellacking” of 2010.

Obama and establishment Republicans never quite recovered from that profound shock.
Boehner received the Speaker’s gavel from Pelosi and thought he could continue where she left off. Today, establishment Republicans, like Pelosi, beg their members to pass immigration reform before reading it … all in the service of the community organizer’s personality cult.
In his Thoughts on Government, John Adams wrote, “Government is instituted for the common good; for the protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness of the people; and not for profit, honor, or private interest of any one man, family, or class of men; therefore, the people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government; and to reform, alter, or totally change the same, when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it.
A major change is coming in 2014. Shellacking 2.0 will continue the “unalienable” and “indefeasible” right of Americans to “alter” or “totally change” a government geared to the “private interest of … one man.”
Sen. Harry Reid says he feels sorry for Speaker Boehner because the Ohioan’s personality isn’t strong enough to dissuade Tea Party and conservative House members from altering a government endangering the liberty, “safety, prosperity, and happiness” of its citizens.

http://www.teapartytribune.com/2013/07/10/i-guess-i-feel-sorry-for-the-speaker/