Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Huckabee has signed NumbersUSA and Sen. Sessions' No Amnesty pledges, but has he retracted or clarified the comments he made recently on national television that under his plan, illegals would return to their home countries, and then come back to the US in a matter of days (i.e., "touchback" amnesty)??
    Yes thats correct. He states that they return, but if it would cause them hardship they could remain. It is all a real game of semantics. Huckabee signing something is easy for him to do because, like McCain, he will play a semantic game to wiggle out of it. How can he be trusted? That is the simple answer. If someone constantly stole from me and never admitted they were stealing, say like, always called it borrowing, then signed a pledge to never steal from me, you would have the equivalent of Huckabees pledge of no amnesty.

MW
    Populist wrote:

Huckabee has signed NumbersUSA and Sen. Sessions' No Amnesty pledges, but has he retracted or clarified the comments he made recently on national television that under his plan, illegals would return to their home countries, and then come back to the US in a matter of days (i.e., "touchback" amnesty)??
    Perhaps not, but I think that part of his plan could be negotiable with a little pressure from the voters, especially if Hunter were on the ticket.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Still One Difference

Quote Originally Posted by Chosen
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Yes thats correct. He states that they return, but if it would cause them hardship they could remain. It is all a real game of semantics. Huckabee signing something is easy for him to do because, like McCain, he will play a semantic game to wiggle out of it. How can he be trusted? That is the simple answer. If someone constantly stole from me and never admitted they were stealing, say like, always called it borrowing, then signed a pledge to never steal from me, you would have the equivalent of Huckabees pledge of no amnesty.
    Still one pretty big difference...McCain is arrogant enough to not even offer a signature.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12