Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sen. Hatch will be on Hannity shortly (who voted NO on cloture yesterday), will see if he plans to vote NO on cloture tomorrow.

Molly,

FYI: Voinovich is not on NRO's list of 8 senators to focus on, so it seems that he was firmly in the "yes on cloture" camp. And Voinovch is also not on Sen. Inhofe's list of senators most likely to change their cloture vote from yes to no. So let's focus on the other senators as Voinovich was a lost cause anyway.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I'm sitting here on the computer listening to Sean Hannity, can't believe what I just heard. Senator Voinovich came off as real jack ass. I'm so mad I want to scream. I hope the people of his state was listening to this traitor they elected!

Voinovich should be used as an example to other senators of what is to come.

I have both C Span on and trying to listen to Shawn. Between writing, faxing and phoning. I guess you could say I am multitasking.

Thus no time to post.

Populist, good blow by blow, you would make a good sports announcer.

Thanks Darlene,
    Wish I had better news on Voinovich, but as I said previously, he is not on the lists of senators who would possibly change their votes anyway. So it's not really surprising, but V is clearly feeling some heat and doesn't like it.

Sen. Hatch is supposed to be on soon. Hopefully he will say he will vote no on cloture again. We'll see and I will advise.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What was surprising is that V was pulling numbers our of his hat. He admited that he hasn't read the Heritage Foundation report regarding the cost analysis and he hasn't read the complete bill, only a summary.
    He even used the argument, commonly used by La Raza, that illegals pay into social security by using fake numbers.

Voinovich should get Soprano style intimidation calls.

Sen. Hatch on Hannity:

This bill is "off the charts" this bill will not solve the problem...doesn't buy argument that this bill is the best we can do because the Dems are in charge...bill has bad provisions...no committee hearings, doesn't think many people have had the chance to read the bill...voting on amendments now...questions 24 hour background checks...Hatch mentions in this bill "aggravated felons who sexually abused minors eligible for amnesty"...
    cloture vote: admits there is fairly good argument vote for cloture..House has made it clear they dont' like it...H asks Hatch why take chance...Hatch says people need to do something...Hatch says not sure how cloture will go in the Senate...see about amendments...some good aspects to bill but some really bad awful aspects...Hannity says to Hatch seems like you in "no way vote for this bill", Hatch responds: "That's the way I feel"...Hatch mentioned biometric card only way to know people who are here conservatives should accept biometric card...Hatch says not enough detention facilities...people can still overstay visas...Hatch is leaning against cloture and will probably vote against cloture...Hatch doesn't know what Bennett will do... Hatch says fairness doctrine is "worthless" "rotten."

Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcer
    He even used the argument, commonly used by La Raza, that illegals pay into social security by using fake numbers.

Banned
    Voinovich didn't even know Hutchison's amendment failed!!! Didn't read the bill--it was so obvious that he wasn't interested either--he doesn't care about cost or border security and knows nothing about it.

He needs to be asked "Who paid you off, Senator Voinovich, and for how much, to sell out America? You showed your true colors on Hannity's radio show! How dare you proceed to vote for a bill you know so little about?"

Everyone should hear a replay of this interview, as it is SOOOO revealing as to the mindset and pompous elitist attitude of the ruling class!
    Voinovich hemmed and hawed, stuttered and stammered when confronted by Sean Hannity, and finally blew up and hung up on Sean, just because he was asked two direct and simple questions. He lied and said he had read the bill and when Sean asked him how, given that the current draft was just released today, he admited that he had not.
    No, Voinovich is a lost cause and this interview shows why they will not discuss the bill with the public, as it is indefensible.
    LAWMAKERS LOVE LAWBREAKERS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12