Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by tinybobidaho
    Well, I hate to rain on this parade, but Lou Dobbs just said that Ensign's amendment was tabled in committee which means it won't even reach the Senate floor for a vote.
    The Ensign Amendment is in severe danger and may not make it into the bill. We still need phone calls, faxes and e-mails to your senators and the Senate Finance Committee members!!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I tried calling my two lame Senator's Boxer and Feinstein. Their voicemails were full! I will be calling them tomorrow though. I sent both of them e-mails and told them how insane this idea is! Their gonna here it from me tomorrow though, that is for sure!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    I tried calling my two lame Senator's Boxer and Feinstein. Their voicemails were full! I will be calling them tomorrow though. I sent both of them e-mails and told them how insane this idea is! Their gonna here it from me tomorrow though, that is for sure!!!
    You Rock, alexcastro. Hold their feet to the fire.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I did the same thing alexcastro.. with those two I sometimes think it would be easier to go out and knock my head against the wall
    Bring back the Rotary Phone so we dont have to pressÂ*1 forÂ*English...Â*

Quote Originally Posted by alexcastro
    Iv written to mine here in TN. Tomorrow will write again and CALL!!!!!
    PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION, ENFORCE OUR
    LAWS!

Found this in a WaPo story. Does anyone have further info?:

By Jonathan Weisman
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Thursday, January 31, 2008; Page A03

Showdown Nears on Stimulus Bill
    Senate Panel's Version More Generous Than Bush-House Plan

Senators added provisions to the Finance Committee bill to make a "no" vote on the Senate version very difficult, offering federal stimulus checks to 20 million low-income seniors and 250,000 disabled veterans who would be ineligible under the compromise worked out by Bush and House leaders. Senators also tightened wording in the House bill to make it more difficult for illegal immigrants to claim a check.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=topnews

Another story:

Ensign: Let’s make it perfectly clear
    By Lisa Mascaro · January 30, 2008 · 5:34 PM

WASHINGTON — So much for towing the party line.

Washington was scrambling this afternoon to assure anti-illegal immigration folks that House-passed economic stimulus plan blessed by the White House would not allow undocumented workers to collect a rebate check.

House Republican Leader John Boehner’s office sent out a point-by-point missive that the House-passed bill would do no such thing. Anyone using stolen or fraudulent Social Security cards to obtain tax rebates “is committing tax fraud,â€

Duh
    [quote="SecureTheBorder"]They put in a provision that limited the rebate (wealth redistribution) to people with a social security number. /quote]

What a relief. It blows the mind to think that some of those creeps in Congress would have happily doled out more to the illegals who get way, way, way too much for free already.

Duh
    Duh

Did anyone else get the FAIR alert on this this morning?? Apparently this is NOT a done deal at this point so we should keep on calling.

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    Did anyone else get the FAIR alert on this this morning?? Apparently this is NOT a done deal at this point so we should keep on calling.
    I got it and we need to keep being heard loud and clear!!

KEEP THE CALLS, FAXES AND E-MAILS GOING EVERYONE!!!

----------------------ACTION ALERT-------------------------

MCCAIN & HERNANDEZ ACTION ALERT!!!! TAKE ACTION NOW!!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-100860.html
    NEW ACTION MESSAGE FROM WILLIAM!! PLEASE READ!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-101191.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast