Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

Senate Vote Was NOT Cloture Vote!!!

The vote that just took place on the floor of the Senate floor was to continue debate. Reid is trying to cut deals with Republcans to get it to pass cloture which will take place this afternoon at about 5 EST, I'm hearing.

Let's get back to work--phones, faxes, emails--now more than ever!!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... sc&start=0

Reid is a snake in the grass and reminds me of someone trying to sell a car from New Orleans after the Hurricane.

There is hope still, because if it looks like these coming amendments are getting voted down one after the other, the bill will not make it.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

YES, DON'T LET UP!!

This is from the Hill.com

Immigration bill fails to clear cloture
    By Klaus Marre
    June 07, 2007
    The tenuous bipartisan coalition hoping to push an immigration compromise through the Senate was strained Thursday when the bill came up for cloture.

The Senate decisively rejected the cloture motion, 63-33, with Republican coalition members voting against ending debate.

“Immigration reform is one of the most important issues facing our nation and it deserves our full consideration,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    tinybobidaho wrote:
    There is hope still, because if it looks like these coming amendments are getting voted down one after the other, the bill will not make it.
    I hope you are correct but they have obviously worked something out!

They are trying to cut a 3 3 amendment deal. 3 Republican amendments and 3 Democratic amendments, then they will go for another cloture vote.

They better work out enforcement only, because that is all I will accept. And I think they know that's all the American people will accept.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Keep up the pressure folks!
    Keep it up!

They need to keep hearing from us. It is our voice that is making the difference. WE ARE MAKING a difference.

Don't let up!
    This is for our country!