Senator Jeff Sessions: Trump Doing Better With Republicans Than Clinton Is With Democrats

September 26, 2016 6:07 PM By Rich Zeoli

Philadelphia (CBS) – Alabama Senator Jeff Sessions, the first US Senator to endorse Donald Trump for President, believes the GOP nominee is poised to defeat Hillary Clinton and win the White House in November.

Sessions, while speaking with Rich Zeoli on Talk Radio 1210 WPHT, thinks Trump has finally figured out how to maximize his support among Republicans.

“It’s certainly very close. I saw a poll today, I was told of a poll, that had Trump having a larger percentage of Republicans than Clinton has of Democrats. He could add a few more percentage points, but he’s in the high 80’s now of Republicans that are supporting him and the support of Ted Cruz is absolutely going to help other people to come across too. We’re seeing more people of prominence speak out.

He credits Trump with changing his style and tone on the campaign trail as essential to broadening his appeal.

“They could easily say, well, I watched his campaign the last two months and it’s disciplined. It’s focused. His speeches are thorough. They’re issue oriented. They’re fact based. They’re common sense and I think that’s one reason he’s been moving so well.”

Sessions also said Pennsylvania will play a crucial role in determining who wins the election.

“I believe that Pennsylvania is an absolutely pivotal state. The polling data in Pennsylvania is so exciting. If this were a Democrat, they would say he’s surging, which he has been surging for weeks now in Pennsylvania. That’s what we need to focus on.”

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...ith-democrats/