Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Send most illegals back

Comments are being left after this article at the source link.
    ~~~

Send most illegals back
    July 1, 2007

I read two articles in the Orlando Sentinel recently about immigration, and for the first time I have read something that partially agreed with me.

I firmly believe we have to protect our borders more than at any other time in history, and not just the Mexican borders, but all means of coming into the United States. I also believe that most of the illegals should be returned to their country.

I am tired of their demands for the same rights as American citizens. They have no rights to social benefits, in particular, Social Security.

I paid into Social Security for 45 years and am now drawing a check once a month, but some citizens think that this country should support illegals with Social Security funds. That is not right, and I will keep writing to my elected officials to protest, but I feel it's a lost cause.

Government doesn't seem to want to hurt the feelings of illegal immigrants, but it doesn't seem to be concerned with the American citizens' feelings.

Send the illegal immigrants home, and allow them back only when they can come legally. The government should give them whatever they need -- a green card or a visa -- but only for a limited time. If they haven't learned English and lived by American rules for one year, back home they go.

Louise Burns

Lady Lake

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/opi ... 9466.story
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They could and should self-deport if we enforce our laws.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am tired of their demands for the same rights as American citizens. They have no rights to social benefits, in particular, Social Security.
    They didn't start to make demands until there was so many of them they felt emboldened. If we can thin their ranks they will shut up. This, in turn, will discourage others from attempting to slip into the country.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

I should add, out here in California, they have been demanding that ICE stop all raids and deportation. Thesse people never give up. Only a good kick in their collective butt's will shut them up.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Deport,Deport,Deport
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

They didn't start to make demands until there was so many of them they felt emboldened. If we can thin their ranks they will shut up. This, in turn, will discourage others from attempting to slip into the country.
    That's right. When there are fewer they will be less bold to demand things that don't belong to them. So starting with some raids that would thin out the ranks would start a chain reaction.
    http://www.soldiersangels.com Adopt a Soldier

"This is our culture - fight for it. This is our flag - pick it up. This is our country - take it back." - Congressman Tom Tancredo

Government doesn't seem to want to hurt the feelings of illegal immigrants, but it doesn't seem to be concerned with the American citizens' feelings.
    Americans have indeed been taken for granted; I think primarily because we are not rising up to oppose those who are marching in OUR streets with their foreign flags and making demands on OUR government. I am appalled to continue to see polls that indicate 20-something percent of those polled 'don't know enough about the issue to form an opinion.' In this age of information that is inexcusable.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    They could and should self-deport if we enforce our laws.
    Most of them self deported when there were deportations in 1920 and 1954. The message got around that they were being deported and they left.

Quote Originally Posted by pjr40
    You're right, of course. They were also emboldened by the voices of support from our own elected officials which, to me, is the ultimate betrayal.

I saw some guy(not Hispanic) on MSNBC awhile ago yammering about the fact that Hispanics are going to be the majority in the US, implying that the politicians better start courting them. He basically dismissed the importance of the white and black population to the future of US politics. I suspect this is the direction the argument for amnesty is moving in. It will be fueled by what its advocates insist are "demographic realities". I've heard such comments several times in the past few weeks; i.e. any politician who p*sses off the Hispanics won't be electable due to their ever increasing voting bloc.

Deleted double post