Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I really believe that God has allowed this to happen in our country, to catapult us back to Him. I can't recall a time in my life, when Americans were so unified, with the exception of 9/11. We are literally fighting for our lives, and future generations. This country cannot survive if we do not succeed in thwarting the passage of this bill.

April
    Gogo wrote:

I agree with you CostamesaMan. I will add that "the prayer of the righteous man avails much." I think those who believe in prayer need to get together and pray over this nation, our leaders, and this bill. Venting and calling is okay but I want to go to the REAL power.
    I agree Gogo. I believe prayer is a huge help !!! We must remember as well that God is always there to help the righteous and defend a just cause. I know that God is with us and that is a great comfort!

Yes!, April I agree. Everyone, we all need to pray for this country (no matter what religous affiliation you have or don't have). The power of prayer is great. I am not trying to offend or convert anyone here. I know everyone has their beliefs and that is a freedom we CURRENTLY have. I just feel like ever since this country has denounced God it has gone down hill. It's like God is sending a message.

God Bless,
    Tracy

Prayer is amazing! Besides our phone calls, faxes, & emails, say a prayer!
    To stand in silence when they should be protesting makes cowards out of men. Abraham Lincoln

April
    portaltotx wrote:

Prayer is amazing! Besides our phone calls, faxes, & emails, say a prayer!
    Pray and than have faith that GOD will see us through this and we will prevail! In the Bible it says Mountains can be moved with faith the size of a mustard seed and I have found it to be true!

fedupDeb, April, TracyZ, CoastaMesaman, and portaltotx, I have set up a Chatroom for praying for American and this situation. If you would like to do that please PM me and we can see if we can set up a time that will be okay for all time zones and we can pray. "Where two or more are gathered, there IAM in the midst."

Let me know

Gogo
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

You all may be surprised that at a Cal State commencement ceremony I attended last weekend in Del Mar - a soloist sang "God Bless America."

I was elated to say the least.

My faith does not believe in the end of the world -- only that our Heavenly Father loves each and every one of His children. America has been blessed because the majority of its citizens pray constantly to Him. Let's keep those prayers ongoing not only for each of us but for our beautiful America that we love so much.

Oh yeah, I'm right there with you, and I watch world events very closely. I read an article a couple weeks ago about some shady deal Bush made with the EU--I need to go through my old email to find it and I'll post it, but this website has some VERY interesting stuff.......the book "Recommendation 666" is also an eye-opener!!!

http://fulfilledprophecy.com

Here we go!!

THE NEW WORLD DISORDER
    Bush OKs 'integration' with European Union
    Congress never asked about new obligation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: May 8, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Jerome R. Corsi
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

President Bush

President Bush signed an agreement creating a "permanent body" that commits the U.S. to "deeper transatlantic economic integration," without ratification by the Senate as a treaty or passage by Congress as a law.

The "Transatlantic Economic Integration" between the U.S. and the European Union was signed April 30 at the White House by Bush, German Chancellor Angela Merkel – the current president of the European Council – and European Commission President José Manuel Barroso.

The document acknowledges "the transatlantic economy remains at the forefront of globalization," arguing that the U.S. and the European Union "seek to strengthen transatlantic economic integration."

The agreement established a new Transatlantic Economic Council to be chaired on the U.S. side by a cabinet-level officer in the White House and on the EU side by a member of the European Commission.

The current U.S. head of the new Transatlantic Economic Council is Allan Hubbard, assistant to the president for Economic Policy and director of the National Economic Council.

The current EU head of the council is Günther Verheugen, vice-President of the European Commission in charge of enterprise and industry.

The Transatlantic Economic Council was tasked with creating regulatory convergence between the U.S. and the EU on some 40 different public policy areas, including intellectual property rights, developing security standards for international trade, getting U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Practices) recognized in Europe, developing innovation and technology in health industries, implementing RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technologies, developing a science-based plan on bio-based products and establishing a "regular dialogue" to address obstacles to investment.

At a joint press conference, Bush thanked the other two leaders for signing the "trans-Atlantic economic integration plan," commenting that, "It is a recognition that the closer that the United States and the EU become, the better off our people will be."

Barroso said the Transatlantic Economic Council is meant to be "a permanent body, with senior people on both sides of the Atlantic."

As WND has reported, Secretary of Commerce Carlos Gutierrez repeatedly has pushed for North American integration, much as the April 30 agreement proposes closer U.S.-EU integration.

Mexico's ambassador to the U.N., Enrique Berruga, has called for a North American Union to be created in the next eight years.

But the Bush administration's push for North American integration is facing increasing opposition within Congress.

WND reported Rep. Virgil Goode, R-Va., has introduced House Concurrent Resolution 40, which opposes the administration's Security and Prosperity Partnership, blocks a NAFTA Superhighway System and expresses opposition to the U.S. entry into a North American Union with Mexico and Canada.

WND also has reported a movement led by Phyllis Schlafly of Eagle Forum has led to an increasing number of state legislatures proposing resolutions opposing a North American Union.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/artic ... E_ID=55584

I don't know about this one. Are we to beleive God favors legal American citizens over illegals? Why do people pray only when things are not going their way or they want something? The Superbowl isn't always won by the team that prays harder. Sometimes you have to have faith in yourself and use team work to overcome situations. Don't get me wrong, by all means pray. But remember "love thy nieghbor"? Does that mean only if they have legal status to be our neighbor? I am totally against this illegal invasion, I would love to see mass deportation. I just think it's self righteous to ask God to help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast