Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sessions Is On The Floor Now

Sessions is trying to get the Senate to stall the vote on Cloture
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It seems they're going to have a debate on Cloture, so that may give us an idea of which way the winds going to blow here.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The way I understand it, Reed is determined to have a Cloture vote at the end of the day, regardless of Mitch McConnell saying the Republicans will not vote yes on it. I don't think there are enough Democrats to get this passed yet.

I expect there will be a great deal of fighting today.

Kennedy is sucking up to the Republicans now, figuring if he agrees to letting all their amendments come to the floor, they'll agree to Cloture.

Senators are voting on the Coburn Amendment which would make it a requirement to enforce existing immigrants laws and border security.

After this, Senators will vote on whether to limit debate or to move forward with the bill.

Invoking Cloture requires 60 votes, which I think is coming up next. If it passes the vote on the underlying bill would probably be tomorrow.

This is unbelievable, how can any Republican think their going to even try to secure the border. America needs to see this vote.

I live in GA now, but decided to drag out my TEAM SESSIONS shirt. It's ironic that on the outline of Alabama as a chief supporter is John McCain.

Remember, these amendments are useless if the bill doesn't pass, which we hope it won't.

Thanks for reminding me tiny. I'm still calling every republican that voted no about securing our borders. If busy, their state office and State republican party. At least GA's Senators voted yes to security. I hope they realize they've been hadd.

Coburn Amendment did not pass. 42-54

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast