Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Duh
    Sessions did a good job when Specter tried to shut him up early. Sessions made a good comparison with how Specter handled asbestos years ago by going across the whole country, talking with loads of Americans and getting input from many folks over many, many months on such a huge issue as asbestos. He complimented Specter on the way he handled asbestos legislation, then pointed out that illegal immigration is by far a MUCH more monunmental issue that needs many months of open discussion instead of being handled in secrecy and in a rush.

Duh
    Duh

Sessions can be like a pit bull when he wants to.
    McCaskill is hitting it right on the head right now. She's basically saying more employer sanctions.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think the point they are all missing, even the ones who are trying to help Americans, is that we want something done to reduce the number of illegals currently in this country. They are putting more emphasis on the new ones to come, when they should concentrate on enforcement to reduce the numbers first, then we'll see who's left here to deal with.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Wow! Sessions is really making it tough on them! Outstanding!
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Sessions is keeping the heat on. He wants time to really discuss each amendment and Reid is threatening to drop the whole thing.

Keep it up, Sessions, push the buggers till they kill this bill!

Senator Sessions is showing himself to be the giant in the Senate.
    "American"Â*with no hyphen andÂ*proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by ICEChargerRT
    Senator Sessions is showing himself to be the giant in the Senate.
    Welcome ICEChargerRT to ALIPAC!

Glad to have you on board!

Love your avatar! LOL!

Sessions is knocking 'em dead!!!

Some quotes - 10:51 PST

"I'm concerned that there is this matter of moving it through, and that's the goal now...just to pass something! And I'm worried if we pass something that's not right, it's not going to get any better and it will go to conference committee in which our Democratic leader and the Speaker of the House will appoint the Conference Committee as majority and they will decide what changes get made in Conference. So I'm worried about the legislation."

"Let me tell you one thig that's causing some of us to get our back up a little bit about this: The group that met to decide how to write this Bill and put it together...that group made a compact with one another, and what they said is 'this represents the final real - if agreement, and we have agreed with you and you have agreed with us, and when the Bill hits the floor .- if anybody offers an Amendment that disagrees with anything significant that you and I have agreed to, we'll all get together and oppose it . We all have to stick together!"

"But let me tell you...this is THE U.S. Senate! The group that met is NOT the FULL Senate! I've had members of that GRAND BARGAIN tell me, 'Jeff, that's a good Amendment, but I can't vote for it because it's not in our Agreement. I agree with you Jeff, but I can't vote for it because it's not in our Agreement'. What kind of of legislation is that? I wasn't in on that GRAND COMPROMISE, I wasn't participating there, and neither were the AMERICAN PEOPLE. They weren't in on that deal!"

'Ya gotta love this guy!!!!!

Welcome! ICEChargerRT! Your avatar is the best!

And Sessions has some support now, because everyone of the Republicans stood together on the Cloture vote and that sends a message to the President that his party is not going to pass a bill without making significant changes. We all know the Grand Comromisers will not allow that, so my guess is that we are now attending the wake for this wonderful compromise bill that should have been shot before it reached the floor.

The first mistake the Grand Compromisers made is allowing the American people to get a whiff of what was really in the bill. It's survival looks dubious to me at this point.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast