Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sharp Reaction to Immigration Bill's Defeat

... Where Latin American Presidents condemn us for not taking their poorest off their hands.
    http://<br /> <a href="http://www.w...html</a><br />

it is "highly hypocritical that the United States admits migrants as peasants, but does not accept them as citizens.
    I guess they think getting passed the Border Patrol constitutes "admission."

Read the Comments on this article...I would say that its over 99% against illegals and they are ANGRY. I hope the people at the WP read those and see how out of touch their left-wing stance is on this issue.

I have lived in third world counties & seen the horrible conditions they live with, hunger & poverty on a scale most Americans can only imagine. In fact, if I could have ignored the hungry kids begging I would probably still be living there. But I made the same mistakes there that many of the Amnesty and open borders advocates are making here. At first I gave a few coins to the little filthy starving kids living on the streets, after all it cost me so little and did so much for them. But the next day where there had been three there would be 10 the day after 50 until it got to the point where it was impossible for me to help. If I had given them everything I had it would have helped them 1 day and put me in their condition. The USA gives Billions in foreign aid, we take in more legal Immigrates then the rest of the world combined. But no matter how Compassion we are we cannot ignore economics 101 we cannot become the welfare state for the world with our open borders and an unlimited supply of virtually slave labor. We are lowering the standard of living for all working Americans by both decreasing the wages and increasing the social costs & damage to this Nation in every area from, Crime, Corruption of our Politicians, Business leaders, Pollution, Energy use, Water, Congestion, Welfare, Medical costs, Education, Insurance etc. There are those that say the solution is simple give them amnesty so they will pay taxes etc. However, Illegal Aliens have an average of a 6 grade Education which compares to a 3 grade education even by our very poor education standards. So they are averaging consuming 3 dollars in social services for every dollar they pay in. With their high birth rate and low income nearly all will get income tax credit from 1500 to 3200 returned every year & come nowhere near paying in enough to pay the average 7K to 10K each year costs to send their children to school. Considering inflation the Average income for Americans has been decreasing every year for the last 20 years! In the long run trying to be compassion and help the illegals pouring across our open borders helps no one and hurts all. Nothing is accomplished by turning this into another third world nation which is already started & if we give this Amnesty for the far more number quoted of 12 millions by the Government & all there chain immigration we are looking at adding probably at least 100 million of poorly educated Citizens an underclass that will quickly become unsustainable. Then you will see riots and fires burning from coast to coast! Far better to close our borders and if necessary pay every Illegal Aliens here 100k to return to their home country and/or start a Marshall plan for Latin American!

6/30/2007 3:32:02 PM

We don't admit their illegals as anything. they have crossed the border of their free will knowing it was against american immigration laws. Send all of the home.

The authors trumpet "social justice" completely devoid of the ramifications to anyone but the individual they are coaching through the interview.

According to this article the justice involves helping out every Latin American Country so they don't have to mess with their own poor. We can take care of them, we're America!

We need to place trade embargoes on these countries until their citizens stop flooding ours.

America would take them as "citizens" if ONLY they came to be real citizens.... the problem is that they come for "the job", bring their families just to make their lives more comfortable, but NOT TO BE CITIZENS. They maintain their dual-nationality.... which means their hearts and souls are in Mexico, while the paycheck comes from America.

Latin governments have their own agenda: MONTHLY REMITTANCES....
    No soy de los que se dicen 'la raza'... Am not one of those racists of "The Race"

I read it pretty fast, but it appears it is not the Washington Post who is critical of what happened, it appears that they are telling what these Latin American Country's newspapers and leaders were saying. Is that right?

Anyway, "the American people" did not "admit" anyone. The American people had all of this forced upon us. Let's get that straight, Latin America.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Reaction to the immigration bill's failure might have been even more intense if not for concerns here that it put too heavy an emphasis on border security and involved overly complex provisions on granting citizenship to undocumented migrants, said Dan Lund, a Mexico City pollster.

Despite some heated comments from Mexican leaders, it appears the Calderón administration has adopted the philosophy that "no bill is better than a bad bill," Lund said in an interview.

"Life goes on," Lund said. "Here this is a hothouse issue for a few in the media and policy wonks, but everyone else will do what they have to do to get across the border."

I just love this... Wrong and Wrong Again...

Interior enforcement anyone ??

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I read it pretty fast, but it appears it is not the Washington Post who is critical of what happened, it appears that they are telling what these Latin American Country's newspapers and leaders were saying. Is that right?

Anyway, "the American people" did not "admit" anyone. The American people had all of this forced upon us. Let's get that straight, Latin America.
    They're never necessarily openly critical, they just let the others do the talking for them. They are a mouthpiece for others that push their (the reporter's) agenda. So, you are right.