Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: She Can’t Handle The Truth – Pelosi Interrupts, Chases Down House Rep Who Struck a Ne

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

She Can’t Handle The Truth – Pelosi Interrupts, Chases Down House Rep Who Struck a Ne

[Watch] She Can’t Handle The Truth – Pelosi Interrupts, Chases Down House Rep Who Struck a Nerve

Posted on 2 August, 2014 by Rick Wells

Republican Congressman from Pennsylvania Tom Marino puts Nancy Pelosi and her lying ilk in their place from the floor of the House of Representatives. If there’s one thing that will get a response out of the haggard former Speaker, it’s a member of the opposition exposing the lies she has worked so diligently to fabricate from into legislative tools.
    Marino says clearly that if the Democrats wanted to do something about the border situation other than make political hay out of it, they should have acted when they had control of the House as well as the Senate and Executive Branch. He asserts that they waited until they could use it for political benefit, which is the point we are at now.
    He also points out that we don’t have law and order now, we have gangs and drugs coming across the southern border and the Democrats “don’t want to do anything about it.”
    He said we need to pass the legislation, make sure that the children get back to their families and we need to “line up and protect this border from people coming across.”
    That’s all Pelosi could take. She got up out of her chair and challenged Marino during his comments. He tutored her a little on the situation, informed her that what he was saying was in fact the truth and suggested that she needed to do the same type of research that he had done.
    The final icing on the cake was when he closed his arguments, referencing her misbehavior as indicative of the fact that he had “struck the right nerve” on the lawless open border invasion.
    She can’t contain herself and attempts to again chase him down but Marino seems to have already left. She wanted to give him a piece of her mind but maybe she’s better off. That is a commodity that seems to be in an already limited supply.

Rick Wells is a conservative author who recognizes that our nation, our Constitution and our traditions are under a full scale assault from multiple threats. Please “Like” him on Facebook, “Follow” him on Twitter or visit www.rickwells.us

http://gopthedailydose.com/2014/08/0...truck-a-nerve/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Pelosi Chases Republican Tom Marino Across House Chamber

By John Parkinson
    @jparkABC
    Chris Good
    @c_good
    Aug 1, 2014 8:48pm

In an unusual breach of decorum, even for the divided Congress, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi chased Rep. Tom Marino across the House floor, taking offense at comments by the Pennsylvania Republican during debate on the border funding bill Friday night.
    “We don’t have law and order,” Marino began as he wrapped up his comments on the border supplemental. “My colleagues on the other side don’t want to do anything about it.”
    “You know something that I find quite interesting about the other side? Under the leadership of the former Speaker [Pelosi], and under the leadership of their former leader [Rep. Steny Hoyer], when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed,” he continued. “They didn’t have the strength to go after it back then. But now are trying to make a political issue out of it now.”
    Off-mic, Pelosi then approached Marino, crossing the aisle in view of cameras, and apparently challenged Marino’s assertion that Democrats did not do anything about the issue when they had majority control.
    “Yes it is true,” Marino replied directly to Pelosi, who was House speaker in those years. “I did the research on it. You might want to try it. You might want to try it, Madam Leader. Do the research on it. Do the research. I did it. That’s one thing that you don’t do.”
    Marino then urged lawmakers to support the border supplemental “because apparently I hit the right nerve.”
    After Marino concluded his remarks and as many Republicans applauded their colleague, Pelosi crossed the chamber again in view of cameras, enraged, pointing and sticking her finger at Marino.
    She then followed Marino up a Republican aisle, gesturing and arguing with him. Lawmakers on the GOP side gathered in dismay as one spoke out to tell the chair that the House was not in order, in an effort to halt the bickering.
    Pelosi finally relented after Republicans tried to get between Pelosi and Marino, and she returned to the Democratic side of the chamber. The House then promptly voted to approve the $694 million border supplemental, 223-189.
    *UPDATE: According to Pelosi spokeswoman Evangeline George, “Leader Pelosi just wanted to remind the Congressman that House Democrats had the courage to pass the DREAM Act – and have the courage to stand up for what the American people want: bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform.”
    George added that “Pelosi accepted the Congressman’s apology.”
    But Marino’s chief of staff, Bill Tighe, stressed that Marino did not apologize to Pelosi, and will not apologize.
    “[Rep. Marino] did not apologize to Leader Pelosi and does not intend to do so as he has nothing to apologize for. She was entirely out of line in approaching him while he was recognized and delivering remarks on the Floor,” Tighe wrote in an email. “Her staff’s comment in your story about her accepting his apology in simply not true.”
    Later, Marino took to Twitter to explain his side of the story.

Rep. Tom Marino @RepTomMarino Follow Rep. Pelosi called me an 'insignificant person' on the Floor of the House. I'll ponder that for a while driving to Williamsport tonight...
    10:47 PM - 1 Aug 2014

Rep. Tom Marino @RepTomMarino Follow ...of course I'll be driving myself, with no staff or security. And I'm just a country lawyer who worked in a bakery until he was 30...
    10:49 PM - 1 Aug 2014

Video at the page link:

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics...house-chamber/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

WOW! Republican angers Nancy Pelosi so much she chases him around House floor during session!

Posted on Aug 1, 2014 at 9:52 PM in Politics | 70 Comments
    By soopermexican

In a raucous moment during the last session of the House of Representatives Friday evening, Republican Tom Marino reminded the Democrats that they had years to solve the immigration problem when they were in power and they didn’t have the courage to do so. This got Nancy Pelosi so angry she jumped up on her chupacabra hooves and ran after the congressman, berating him and pointing her skeletal finger at him.
    Here’s the comment that angered her so much:

From ABC:
    Off-mic, Pelosi then seemed to challenge Marino’s assertion that Democrats did not do anything about the issue when they had majority control.
    “Yes it is true,” Marino replied directly to Pelosi, who was House speaker in those years. “I did the research on it. You might want to try it. You might want to try it, Madam Leader. Do the research on it. Do the research. I did it. That’s one thing that you don’t do.”
    Marino then urged lawmakers to support the border supplemental because “apparently I hit the right nerve.”
    After Marino concluded his remarks, Pelosi quickly crossed the chamber, enraged, pointing and sticking her finger in Marino’s face.
    She then followed Marino up a Republican aisle, and continued arguing with him. Another Republican member spoke out to tell the chair that the House was not in order, in an effort to halt the bickering.
    What I would’ve given to see the Seargent-in-Arms tackle Pelosi and perp walk her out of the House floor…

http://therightscoop.com/wow-republi...uring-session/

Ms. Pelosi is the poster woman for term limits.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

According to Pelosi spokeswoman Evangeline George, “Leader Pelosi just wanted to remind the Congressman that House Democrats had the courage to pass the DREAM Act – and have the courage to stand up for what the American people want: bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform.”
    That stretched and tacked hag is SO out of touch with REAL Americans that she has no earthly idea what we want! Here's a news flash for ya Nancy : ENFORCEMENT NOW! SECURITY NOW! AMNESTY NEVER! Kudos to Rep. Marino for standing up to the .....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by florgal View Post
    That stretched and tacked hag is SO out of touch with REAL Americans that she has no earthly idea what we want! Here's a news flash for ya Nancy : ENFORCEMENT NOW! SECURITY NOW! AMNESTY NEVER! Kudos to Rep. Marino for standing up to the .....

Yea but she keeps getting elected....So what does that tells us about the electorate, of course I can't complain much I have Harry Reid!!!

Wake Up America!!!!!

PELOSI LOSES IT! Angrily Confronts GOP Rep. Tom Marino On House Floor During Immigration Debate…. (video)
    Posted on August 2, 2014 by sundance

Rep Tom Marino rightly pointed out that Democrats held veto-proof majorities in the House, the Senate and held the White House in 2009 and 2010; they did nothing about immigration issues. Yet now they want to use the lack of immigration reform as a political tool. Pelosi went batsh!t crazy on the House floor…..

WASHINGTON DC - A heated debate over the southern border crisis late Friday led to a rancorous confrontation on the floor of the House between House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Rep. Tom Marino, R-Pa.
    The dustup began when Marino accused Democrats of neglecting the immigration issue during their control of the White House and Congress in 2009 and 2010, saying that the party is now exploiting the issue for political gains.
    “Under the leadership of their former leader, when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed,” Marino said. “They didn’t have the strength to go after it back then. But now are trying to make a political issue out of it.”
    Soon after he made the remarks, Pelosi, in full view of House cameras, walked across the chamber to the GOP side of the aisle — a rarity in the House — to challenge Marino.

It was not clear what Pelosi said, but Marino responded immediately.
    “It’s true, madam leader, I did the research on it,” Marino said. “You might want to try it. You might want to try it, madam leader. Do the research on it. Do the research. I did it. That’s one thing that you don’t do.”
    Reps. Ted Poe, R-Texas, Joe Barton, R-Texas, and Kay Granger, R-Texas, seated behind Marino, looked stunned at Pelosi’s actions. The presiding officer, Rep. Randy Hultgren, R-Ill., told Marino to direct his comments through the chair and not at a fellow member.
    “Well, it works both ways,” says Marino.
    After things seemed to calm down, Marino said, “apparently I hit the right nerve.”
    Pelosi then walked briskly across the chamber, making a beeline for Marino and shaking her finger at the congressman.
    Rep. Nita Lowey, D-N.Y., could be heard saying off-camera, “what is she doing?”
    After he was done speaking, Pelosi then pursued Marino through the chamber, and House chamber security were seen walking through the chamber. (read more)
    WeaselZippers has the follow-up tweets from Marino – HERE

After things seemed to calm down, Marino said, "Apparently I hit the right nerve."

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/...-debate-video/

Hopefully we will all keep hitting those nerves on these jerks..

Marino had this to say after:

This traitorous Pelosi must be feeling the heat I expect we will see many coming out of the woodwork from now till the elections..
    Last edited by kathyet2; 08-02-2014 at 11:23 AM.

Tom Marino · Trending

Michelle Malkin

In breach of decorum, Rep. Nancy Pelosi interrupts GOP Rep. Tom Marino while he is giving a speech in Congress and angrily crosses the aisle to confront him ==>

http://twitchy.com/2014/08/01/rep-na...ep-tom-marino/

PELOSI LOSES IT! Angrily Confronts GOP Rep. Tom Marino On House Floor During Immigration Debate, Gets Schooled In The Process…Pelosi had a very public meltdown in the House after being confronted by an unfortunate fact by Congressman Marino: When she was Speaker, Democrats held super majorities in both the House and Senate along with the presidency and they did nothing about immigration (not that it’s a bad thing).
    ... A heated debate over the southern border crisis late Friday led to a rancorous confrontation on the floor of the House between House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Rep. Tom Marino, R-Pa.
    The dustup began when Marino accused Democrats of neglecting the immigration issue during their control of the White House and Congress in 2009 and 2010, saying that the party is now exploiting the issue for political gains.
    “Under the leadership of their former leader, when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed,” Marino said. “They didn’t have the strength to go after it back then. But now are trying to make a political issue out of it.”
    Soon after he made the remarks, Pelosi, in full view of House cameras, walked across the chamber to the GOP side of the aisle — a rarity in the House — to challenge Marino.
    “It’s true, madam leader, I did the research on it,” Marino said. “You might want to try it. You might want to try it, madam leader. Do the research on it. Do the research. I did it. That’s one thing that you don’t do.”
    Reps. Ted Poe, R-Texas, Joe Barton, R-Texas, and Kay Granger, R-Texas, seated behind Marino, looked stunned at Pelosi’s actions. The presiding officer, Rep. Randy Hultgren, R-Ill., told Marino to direct his comments through the chair and not at a fellow member.
    “Well, it works both ways,” says Marino.
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...mty_twitter_fn

Pelosi confronts GOP congressman in rancorous House debate
    A heated debate over the southern border crisis late Friday led to a rancorous confrontation on the floor of the House between House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Rep.
    foxnews.com

Published August 02, 2014
    FoxNews.com

Pelosi confronts GOP congressman in rancorous House debateA heated debate over the southern border crisis late Friday led to a rancorous confrontation on the floor of the House b...http://fxn.ws/1rUvJir

Video at the page link:

A heated debate late Friday over security at the southern U.S. border led to a rancorous confrontation on the House floor between House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Rep. Tom Marino, R-Pa.
    The dustup began when Marino accused Democrats of neglecting the immigration issue when they controlled the White House and Congress in 2009 and 2010, when Pelosi was House speaker, saying that the party is now exploiting the issue for political gains.

“Under the leadership of the former speaker … when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed,” Marino said. “They didn’t have the strength to go after it back then. But now are trying to make a political issue out of it now.”
    Soon after he made the remarks, Pelosi, in full view of House cameras, walked across the chamber to the GOP side of the aisle -- a rarity in the House -- to challenge Marino.
    "It's true, madam leader, I did the research on it," Marino said. "You might want to try it. You might want to try it, madam leader. Do the research on it. Do the research. I did it. That's one thing that you don't do."
    Reps. Ted Poe, R-Texas, Joe Barton, R-Texas, and Kay Granger, R-Texas, seated behind Marino, looked stunned at Pelosi's actions. The presiding officer, Rep. Randy Hultgren, R-Ill., told Marino to direct his comments through the chair and not at a fellow member.
    "Well, it works both ways," says Marino.
    After things seemed to calm down, Marino said, "Apparently I hit the right nerve."
    Pelosi then walked briskly across the chamber, making a beeline for Marino and shaking her finger at the congressman.
    Rep. Nita Lowey, D-N.Y., could be heard saying off-camera, "what is she doing?"
    After he was done speaking, Pelosi then pursued Marino through the chamber, and House chamber security was seen walking through the chamber.
    The House then voted 223-189 in favor of a $694 million border supplemental bill.
    Marino and Pelosi apparently spoke afterwards.
    Pelosi spokeswoman Evangeline George told The Hill that Pelosi "just wanted to remind the Congressman that House Democrats had the courage to pass the DREAM Act -- and have the courage to stand up for what the American people want: bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform."
    She said that Pelosi accepted Marino's apology.
    Marino told reporters afterward that he told Pelosi that his remarks were not meant to be personal or directed specifically toward her, The Hill reported. And a staffer said he did not apologize and does not intend to apologize.
    Marino later took to Twitter to comment on the confrontation.
    “Rep. Pelosi called me an 'insignificant person' on the Floor of the House. I'll ponder that for a while driving to Williamsport tonight. Of course I'll be driving myself, with no staff or security. And I'm just a country lawyer who worked in a bakery until he was 30,” he said in three separate tweets.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...mty_twitter_fn

Banned
    'Some Think They're Royalty': GOP Rep Details Heated Exchange With Pelosi

by Fox News Insider // Aug 04 2014 // 9:28am

As seen on Fox and Friends

On Fox and Friends this morning, we heard from Rep. Tom Marino (R-Pa.), who became a bit of a household name this weekend after video emerged of his heated confrontation with Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.)

The shouting match happened Friday on the House floor after Marino went after Pelosi in remarks about the crisis on the southern border.

VIDEO: Nancy Pelosi Confronts Rep. Marino Over Comments on House Floor
    Grandma Sends ‘Thank You’ Note to Cop Who Pulled Her Over

“Under the leadership of the former speaker … when in 2009 and 2010, they had the House, the Senate and the White House, and they knew this problem existed, they didn’t have the strength to go after it back then. But now are trying to make a political issue out of it now,” Marino said.
    His words prompted Pelosi to get up, cross the chamber to the GOP side – a dramatic breach of House protocol – while waving her finger at Marino and calling him a liar.
    He disputed that he said anything untrue in his speech.
    "I simply said, 'No, I do my research. I have my facts straight. Perhaps you should try that,'" said Marino. He explained that he asked Pelosi if she wanted to speak privately away from the floor, but she declined.
    Marino said Pelosi also told him he was "insignificant" twice. The former prosecutor called the dust-up a "walk in the park," recalling times when he was threatened by mobsters and drug dealers.
    "I'm not going to put up with this. I don't talk to people like this. My father told me to be a gentleman. I was a gentleman during this whole incident. There are some people in Congress that think they are royalty and I'm having one of the wealthiest people in Congress say that I'm inconsequential and I'm not important. But that comment was made, not only to me, but it was made to my constituents and the middle class, hard-working people across the United States," he said.
    A spokesperson for Pelosi later said that the minority leader accepted Marino’s apology, but Marino denied ever offering an apology.
    Marino concluded by calling the whole thing a "a prime example of why we need term limits."
    Watch the full interview above.

video at link below

http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/08/04...xchange-pelosi

This women is a nit wit!!!!!

Glenn Beck

When this starts to happen, we’re in very, very big trouble.

Nancy Pelosi’s bold break of protocol
    "That's Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) running across the House floor ranting and raving about what Congressman Tom Marino (R-PA) is saying and he has the floor. She never asked for the floor. She just comes over and she starts...
    glennbeck.com

‘Is there anyone else in the media who will join me?’ Glenn reacts to Nancy Pelosi’s bold break of protocol

Monday, Aug 4, 2014 at 2:50 PM -0400

During a debate on the House floor on Friday, Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) was so unnerved by the commentary of fellow Congressman Tom Marino (R-PA), she got up out of her seat and ran through the aisles of the chamber toward Marino. Marino was speaking about the immigration crisis and the role the Obama Administration’s policies have played in facilitating the lawlessness at the border.

Watch the video of Marino and Pelosi below:

On radio this morning, Glenn explained the danger this moment represents. After recounting the beating of Senator Charles Sumner at the onset of the Civil War, Glenn challenged his colleagues in the media to consider the role they may have played in today’s divisiveness and what we can all do to move in a more respectful direction.

Below is an edited transcript of the monologue:
    I want to talk to you a little bit about the state of our society. Left and right, we all want to belong to something bigger than ourselves. At the end of our life, we want to be able to look back and say, ‘Our kids live in a better world than we lived in because we did the hard thing.’ If you’ve ever gone through anything, you’ve ever been broken, you’ve ever faced a real serious challenge, you will say, ‘Give this to me. Let me take this on so my kids don’t have to deal with it.’
    But we have become a society that we no longer see our kids’ future as real. We’ve bought into the lie that you can have everything that we can afford, that you deserve everything, that your kids don’t really need you, that there’s such a thing as quality time over just time. And I don’t think any of that stuff is true, I really don’t. And as a guy who has lived my life counting on quality time, I think it’s a lie.
    I watched the families that are great, and I’ve watched my kids now. My daughter is 8-years-old and my son who is 9, and I realize they are about to be 30. And where will that time have gone? I will have missed it yet again. And it matters. There are certain things that are true, and when we get to the end of our life, we will really only worry about our family and what did we do. I talked to a guy who was in a plane crash yesterday. He was in a plane crash and broke his back, couldn’t get out, jet fuel was all over in this plane and spilling out on the ground, and he could hear the ignition of the engines. He thought, ‘Oh dear God, this thing is going to go up in a ball of fire.’ And nobody else was awake at the time. He had to get out. There were only three people on this plane. And the other two were relatively uninjured. He broke his back and thought that his legs were pinned in the plane. But when he really came conscious enough to realize and look down at his legs, he realized, ‘They’re not pinned. There’s nothing wrong with you.’ He’s just sitting in his seat with nothing on his legs. He can’t feel his legs. He unstrapped himself from the plane. He falls down into the center aisle. And he drags himself to the door just thinking his legs just aren’t work for some reason. And he gets to the door and he tries to stand up and get himself up and there’s no power to his legs at all.
    A farmer had seen his plane go down, and it landed in a field. The farmer was on his tractor and drives out. This farmer and one of the pilots drag his body about 50 yards away from this plane and then he’s in the hospital for almost a year. He couldn’t walk. He’s walking again. But it has been an unbelievable year of being broken. And he said, ‘Glenn, everything that they say about your life flashing in front of you, really happens.’ He said, ‘It’s an amazing thing. You see things.’ He said, ‘Not once did I think about work. Not one scene was about my boss. Not one scene was about the quarterly profits. Nothing. It was all about my children. All about the things that I had done or didn’t do in life.’
    We’re all like this. In the end, whether we admit it or not, we’re all like this. We all believe that man should be free. Even the communists, even the fascists, convinced themselves that they’re freeing people. ‘You’ll be free if you live under Sharia Law because you’re free to worship God the way you should worship God.’ So they even believe in freedom in a totally mixed-up, upside down world. We all believe that. And we all want to leave the world a better place for our children. We have to find a way to unite. We have to find a way to where we can live in a world where we disagree with each other.
    Now, there are some things that we disagree on so much. For instance, Hamas. The Palestinians are not Nazis. But you can compare Hamas to Nazis quite easily but not the Palestinian people any more than you can say every German was a Nazi. That’s not true. 30% of Germans voted for the Nazis. In the end, because they were all so afraid, some just bought into the propaganda. I mean their children were turning them in. In the end, I don’t know what the percentage was, but we went over to fight the German people. But once we defeated the Nazis, we were not against the German people. The same thing with Hamas and Gaza. We’re not against the people who live in Gaza. We’re not against the Palestinians. We’re against Hamas. We’re against people who say, ‘Genocide is the way to go.’
    So we have to find a way where we can talk to each other, where we can listen to one another, where we can have control of our own lives, and that we belong to something bigger than ourselves, something that means something in the end. I have been really concerned over the last 10, 15 years about what’s happening in our world and in our country, and I have made some pretty bold predictions and stood alone on them. In 2007, 2006, I was talking about an economic collapse that was coming. It happened in 2008 because of TARP.
    We’re in the final bubble now called the ‘money bubble,’ and I predicted that in – what, 2007 – that we would bail everybody out and there would be a money bubble. And that’s what USA Today had talked about last week in one of their op-eds: The money bubble.
    We talked about the Caliphate. We talked about the rise of Nazis again in Europe and the old hatreds of the world. We talked about anti-Semitism on the rise. We talked about something that just made it in the newspapers last week, and this one came from Argentina. They’re now blaming the United States for their inflation, and they’re blaming the United States for their collapse. We talked about that four years ago. I’m really bad at timing. I don’t know when these things happen. It’s not that I can see the future. I know enough of history and I haven’t been taught and trained by a guild.
    There are certain things in history that happen and cycles repeat themselves. First, I looked for revolution around the world and I looked to the French Revolution and the American Revolution. I looked at what happened in Germany in the 1850s, in France, in the 1870s, in Russia in the teens, Cuba, Germany, China, all over the world. It’s the same story, same pattern. But as we started to really fight with one another is when I first started to have this, ‘Oh-oh, wait a minute. We’re in trouble internally. We are starting to hate each other.’ I started to look at the Civil War. And I told you a few years ago, it made me feel better when I did that because there was one thing that happened that we were so far away from. We had extra time.
    But a soft version of it happened last Friday. If you remember, last week we were talking about Ted Cruz. They were talking about procedure. And the Democrats were very upset because of their procedure. And we were talking on the air about the Constitution. You got to care about the Constitution. Who cares about your little procedural rules? But that’s a very big deal. And that’s what made it in the papers, that Ted Cruz was a monster because he broke procedure when it came to the immigration debate. And what he did is he went over to the House, and he talked to the House members and said, ‘What are you doing?’ That was the crime of the century and it was in all of the newspapers about how bad Ted Cruz was.

But this was another procedure that was broken last week.

That’s Congresswoman Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) running across the House floor ranting and raving about what Congressman Tom Marino (R-PA) is saying and he has the floor. She never asked for the floor. She just comes over and she starts wagging her finger in this face.

Glenn Beck video at the page link:

I don’t believe that we are at this moment, but we took a giant leap toward this moment. I’ve been worried about an actual Civil War. And I do believe that we are a nation that is either at or near a ‘cold Civil War,’ where, thank goodness, nobody is firing shots at one another. But if you read the comment sections on the Huffington Post or TheBlaze, you hear the same stuff from left and right. Now, thank goodness it is only 5% of the population that is like that. But the vitriol is getting worse. And we can’t engage in any of that. We have to strengthen our ties to people who we disagree with so we know each other, so we know that we’re good people, that we don’t wish them harm. We disagree, but we don’t wish anybody harm. We stand shoulder to shoulder against those who would like chaos because there are those that would like the country to spiral into chaos. And whether they’re communist or white supremacist, it doesn’t matter. What matters is that the 80 or 90% of this country stays together – even though we disagree.
    There came a time in the 1850s, and we’ve told you about this because, as I said, we were so far away from this. There same a time in the 1850s where both sides, the Whigs and the Democrats, both side were talking about slavery. They’ve been talking about slavery from the beginning of the country, and they were talking about getting rid of it. But they weren’t going to do anything about it. And finally, this new party, this Republican Party started. They were like, ‘You guys are just playing games. Neither of you guys mean anything.’ The weaker of the two parties was the Whigs. The Republicans got out and they were the ones that were talking honestly about slavery, and they called it by name. They said, ‘You know, the people in the South, I don’t care which party you’re in, you’re in bed with the horror of slavery.’ That’s when somebody from the House broke all protocol, came across, and beat a guy within an inch of his life there in the well of the Senate.
    Now, Nancy Pelosi clearly did not do that. But you saw the anger rise up in her so much that she broke protocol. Remember, just earlier this week, we heard how much protocol means. You don’t have Ted Cruz break protocol and go over and talk to people in the House. This wasn’t talking to people in the House. This is Nancy Pelosi enraged by what was said, running over and sticking her finger and then calling him inconsequential, calling him all kinds of names even after the incident. This is clearly not the beat-down of Charles Sumner.
    But I warn you: This is an important event that Americans should see. And it has nothing to do with politics. If you agree with the Republican or you agree with Nancy Pelosi, it doesn’t matter. This is an important moment that people need to see. When we dehumanize on the House floor, when they start being enraged and moving in that rage, we’re in trouble. We’re in very, very big trouble.
    The good news is: There’s still time. And there’s time for all of us stop concentrating on ‘Glenn Beck said he was sorry.’ Is anyone else willing to say, ‘You know what? I did some things I’m not really proud of.’ ‘You know what? I’ve got to change my ways as well.’ Is there anyone else in the media who will join me? You don’t have to agree with me. But is there anyone in the media who says, ‘Enough is enough’? We’ve got to stop worrying about the ratings. We have to stop worrying about the money. We have to start worrying about the things we’re all going to worry about when we’re on our death bed: What did we do?
    Let’s start to move towards a better future, one where we can at least talk with each other with respect.

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/08/04/...k-of-protocol/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast