She Once Thought Obama Was the Messiah. Now She Says ‘He Lied About Everything’ (Video)

by Top Right News
on July 15, 2014

by Gina Cassini | Top Right News
In October 2008, she made an emotional statement that quickly became iconic in the presidential race — both to Obama’s swooning fans and his lambasting critics.

Peggy Joseph said this, minutes after an Obama speech in Sarasota, Florida, just days before the election…

I never thought this day would ever happen. I won’t have to worry about putting gas in my car. I won’t have to worry about paying my mortgage. You know. If I help [Obama], he’s gonna help me.”
Yep, you remember that. It quickly went viral, amassing 3 million views in just 48 hours.

For those who saw Obama as a snake oil salesman then as now, this clip was part and parcel of the inexplicable and disturbing Obama mania, right up there with Will.I.Am’s Yes We Can music video, and Obama’s bizarre speech to an hysterical crowd declaring he would end the “rise of the oceans.”
So where is Peggy Joseph now, and does she still adore Obama?

Not exactly.

Filmmaker Joel Gilbert, whose documentary ‘There’s No Place Like Utopia‘ premieres this Friday, caught up with Joseph to discuss how she feels about the man she once thought would solve all of her problems. And in this clip he brings her a hilarious “gift” which shows that his upcoming film should be an entertaining one.

WATCH:

<strong><em>

Joseph explained that as she educated herself on politics and learned who Obama was. She realized that he’s a fraud and there’s no merit to anything he says.

“Truth and honesty are important,” she said. “He lied about everything.”

According to Gilbert, his documentary shows similar experiences with other one-time Obama supporters who bought into his hope and change rhetoric but quickly discovered he’s not what he says.

“In my journey through America in ‘There’s No Place Like Utopia,’ I met a lot of people living in horrible conditions, particularly African Americans, who I was surprised to learn were now staunch conservatives as a result of living in progressive-controlled cities like Detroit, Chicago and Newark,” Gilbert said.

“After 60 years of progressive politics in their cities, they understood very clearly that they had not been progressing but rather regressing all this time, and they were mad. They felt they had been used and tricked by Obama for their votes and that he never intended to keep any of his promises, just like the Wizard of Oz.”

http://toprightnews.com/?p=4505