Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Sheriff Exposes Scheme – Compliance With ICE Detainers Was Mandatory Before Johnson C

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Sheriff Exposes Scheme – Compliance With ICE Detainers Was Mandatory Before Johnson C

Sheriff Exposes Scheme – Compliance With ICE Detainers Was Mandatory Before Johnson Changed Things

Posted on July 15, 2015
    by Rick Wells in

Maybe Congress is finally waking up to the fact that DHS Secretary Jeh Johnson is at a minimum a scofflaw equal in his offensiveness to the illegal squatter that is currently tainting our White House.

In House hearings on Tuesday Secretary Johnson continued his pattern of evasive partial answers and outright refusals to answer that have characterized his tenure at DHS from the beginning. For some reason Congress has to this point tolerated this rogue, anti-American operative without holding him accountable for violating federal law and dismantling our immigration system.

Momentum may now finally be building, with the murder of Kate Steinle, one of many Johnson and Obama are responsible for, being the spark that may ultimately lead to a change in policy and perhaps some accountability for Johnson and other criminals in the Obama regime.

Johnson was asked to verify in House hearings his remarkable position that he had no opinion on as to whether or not he thought sanctuary cities were violating current federal law. Johnson replied with an astounding, “I do not have a legal judgment on that question, sir.”

Sacramento Sheriff Scott Jones of Sacramento County, CA, joins Stuart Varney and offers his legal opinion on their illegality, saying that they need to end immediately and that withholding federal funding is one thing that needs to be looked at.

Jones points out that the entirety of California is a sanctuary state. He notes that all across the country, under the threat of ACLU lawsuits and a lack of both will and support from the federal government, no jurisdictions honor ICE detainers.

Jones details how he has himself gone to Washington DC in an effort to join forces with ICE, asking them to stand with him, that he wants to enforce federal law. He says they made it very clear to him that nothing will change under the Obama/Johnson regime. As a result of policies, regardless of where the illegal aliens might choose to roam, virtually no local law enforcement agency honors ICE detainers.

After some clearly insincere whining in testimony that 12,000 ICE detainers were ignored, Johnson was asked by Rep Trey Gowdy why his agency has not made compliance mandatory. Johnson flounders a bit in his sea of deception, answering, “I think that would be a huge setback in our ability to work with state and local law enforcement and I suspect they would agree as well.”

Varney asks Sheriff Jones if he would, in fact, agree with Johnson’s statement. He replies that Johnson’s statement is “absolutely untrue,” reminding Varney that “prior to a few years ago, they were mandatory and it is not up to Jeh Johnson to make them mandatory. The law is very clear. The law says that the local jails shall retain this person for no more than 48 hours. There’s nothing equivocal about the federal law. It is this transition over the past several years during this administration that have gone from a mandatory detainer, a mandate which it has been in the past, to now a mere request by this administration.”

Varney cuts to the chase, asking, “Is this all about the Hispanic vote?” Jones responds, “Honestly, I believe it is. I’ve gone back to Washington; I’ve become part of the national discussion on immigration issues since our officer, Danny Oliver, was killed by someone removed four prior times. I’m becoming convinced more and more that neither the Democrats nor the Republicans actually want meaningful immigration reform and so they allow the states to come up with their own immigration schemes even though they have no legal authority to do so.

http://rickwells.us/sheriff-exposes-...hanged-things/

Thank you Sheriff Scott Jones! Thank you, sir, for pointing the finger at both major parties. does anyone know if either party heard Sheriff Jones?

MW
    I'm betting Johnson doesn't make a move without Obama's blessing. Yep, I'm suggesting Johnson is nothing more than a 'yes' man to Obama.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn