Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AE

Todays paper, The Oregonian, stated that our unemployment is currently the 10th worse in the nation. Although the libertard newspaper will claim it has to do wth other things, it really has a lot to do with illegal immigration.

I think if we looked in the rural area of Oregon, east of the Cascades range (aka: ranching land), we could find something we could afford, but then again what jobs would we do, and at what pay in order to get that loan? Unfortunately, I know people over there and they say that it all comes out about the same, so we would not get ahead, and be very far from family, and my grandson.

I really wish we could choose to do that, it would be easier, and life is slower over there, more relaxed and people very down to earth, which I prefer.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    We hope to get through the first time buyers program through HUD. With our current income, all considered, we will only qualify for about $86,000.00. Certainly not enough to buy a regular house with, but maybe enough to purchase a used but good mobile home already in a park. Eventually find a way to move it to our own little plot if we can.
    If you get preapproved for a mortgage, and you don't mind doing a little work, try looking at the government owned (HUD) homes. A lot of them are in decent neighborhoods, because they were purchased by first time home buyers who sadly went bankrupt.

I am hardly an expert, but in most states, the government favors owner-occupant bids over investor bids a little. They give owner occupant bidders 5 or so days to bid, and if nobody does then they open it up to the investors.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

AE

Well, the amount they say we would qualify for would hardly get us an actual site built home, but if we could find a nice mobile home, in a park, and most tend to be outside of the "city" proper, then that would be fine for me as I grew up near the mountain and this is as far in as I have lived and prefer to live again, outside of town.

All too many HUD site built homes tend to be in the exact neighborhoods we want to avoid due to crime and also heavy concentrations of illegals and gangs.

We also looked into a Department of Agriculture for a loan to live outside of town, and that also may work for us (we have to be ready to at least raise some chickens and have a big garden, which is part of their criteria).
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

I sympathzie with you, when my husband and I were first starting out, we lived in a bad neighborhood but it was a white family that was the bane of the neigborhood. They had 4 or 5 dogs never properly fed or taken care of, garbarge strewn across their yard, kids were never in school, when the city shut their water down, the kids began to go to the bathroom in the backyard or even our backyard.

I'm not convinced your neighbors are illegals. Most illegals are pretty scared of Americans, you can tell which ones are legal by their brazen and pompous attitudes. Most likely, legals or anchors.

How do you know your neighbors are illegal and why haven't you called ICE on them if you know they're illegal?

I've been reading your posts for a while now, don't you have 3 working adults living in your home and 2 minors? Even if you only make a combined income of 60,000 after taxes, you could easily afford a three bedroom condo. The kids would have to share a room but this is the perfect market to buy. I don't think you would need to rely on goverment programs to buy a home with your situation.

AE

No bettsie, we do not have three working adults in our household, one, my husband. I have been a homeschool mother, and my adult daughter lives seperate from us (she stayed with us for a short time while in the process to get her own place). No our income is not nearly that high, and HUD is the one method that would work for us, besides a VA loan, my husband is a veteran (both programs are quite similar).

We know our neighbors, for the most part (meaning all in the complex) are illegal, as one kid who had been friends with our son (14) told him HE remembered coming across the border when he was little. He said that ALL of the adults and most of the teens were illegal too, and that comment was only about one year ago. Sure there might be some anchor babies in the mix, but far less than those whom are illegal.

As for calling/contacting ICE, I did early on, and they told me their main concern was those actually breaking the laws (although I have to believe that crossing the border illegally is breaking the law, but, that's just me...), those using false ID in the workplace and those who had criminal issues currently (if they don't come check I asked, then how do they know who has a criminal issue in the bunch?). Also, ask anyone who is from Oregon (as I am) here on ALIPAC, this is the land of the libertards, they wet their pants when ICE does raid a company up here and arrests illegals, so a complex raid I presume is something ICE would practically be taken to court over.

Wish they would though, it would significantly clear up the issue in this community.

I'm not convinced your neighbors are illegals. Most illegals are pretty scared of Americans, you can tell which ones are legal by their brazen and pompous attitudes. Most likely, legals or anchors.
    Wow! What proof do you have? Please provide it as you are an expert on the subject.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

AE

Sorry, thanks AmericanPatriot, no illegals bettsie are not scared of Americans, here in libertardland, at least, as they know that police do not have the authority to ask, and as of this moment in time, our local police and county sheriffs office are not allowed to ask if they come to a civil call or even a traffic stop.

I have found the illegals to be quite bold and cocky, and so many here at ALIPAC, mainly those in California have experienced the same, plus (down there they believe they own the place, and with so many corrupted, illegally minded politicians in California, the illegals feel protected down there).

Sorry about that AE, I didn't know your daughter moved out. Have you looked into private christian schools and possibly going back to work? A lot of schools give financial aid to poor households. If I were you, I would want to get my kid out of there as fast as possible.

The only reason I ask about if you're certian is that what you're saying reminds me of something that happened a few years ago at my work.
    I used to work at an employment agency and one of the women my company placed had trouble at her workplace and was eventually let go because she was disgusted all the illegals that worked there and complained to corporate. None of hem spoke english and she was certain they were illegals. The manager told her co-workers she had complained and they all turned against her. Someone from corporate came down and instead of addressing her claim had a "diversity" seminar.

In the parking lot one day a co-worker came up and shoved her green card in her face and in english said," b****, here's my green card, are you happy now?". I'm afraid that the same thing might be happening to you. Accusing someone who isn't of being an illegal is bound to get them mad and have your entire neighborhood turn against you. They're probably picking on you because you offended their pride, the legals while just as bad as the illegals think they're better than them.

AE

bettsie, I have in no way insulted them or hurt their pride. I have in fact been curteous, have given out uneeded clothing, furniture, and my son gave out food when he found one kid VERY hungry (he then sent home a bagful of food to get them through the weekend).

From day on these people have not only made it clear through their actions, but as well several times with their words, that since we are white, they do not want us here. No, I also have never asked, or mentioned my knowledge/suspicions, to them, about them being here illegally.

We have neither been unkind, mouthy or in any other way invoked their wrath. They have simply been acting in the way all too many illegal aliens act to millions of other Americans such as ourselves. It takes no provocation by Americans, as with us as well, to get this sort of treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by AE
    All too many HUD site built homes tend to be in the exact neighborhoods we want to avoid due to crime and also heavy concentrations of illegals and gangs.

We also looked into a Department of Agriculture for a loan to live outside of town, and that also may work for us (we have to be ready to at least raise some chickens and have a big garden, which is part of their criteria).
    Wow. I had no idea the department of agriculture did that. I am glad you posted it - that might be useful to me!

I know exactly what you mean about the HUD homes, but if you have time there are deals to be had. When I lived in Indianapolis, a home 3 doors down from me went on the HUD auction block, and it was certainly a neighborhood you would be happy in. I remember looking at a HUD home when we were shopping, too. I think you just have to dig through a lot of bad houses to find a single gem.

When we move it is always a job related transfer, and we never have time to sit back and wait for the good deals. If we didn't have kids, it wouldn't be too bad to rent for a year and them move, but changing schools is hard on them.
    "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast