Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

The shocking reality of Donald Trump’s plan to deport millions

The shocking reality of Donald Trump’s plan to deport millions
    09/15/15 07:54 PM

By David Leopold

It’s not clear what was the most shocking about Donald Trump’s rally Monday night in Dallas, Texas: his description of undocumented immigrants as part of a “dumping ground for the rest of the world,” or the reaction of the nearly all-white crowd who awarded his rhetoric with a standing ovation and chants of “USA, USA.”

“The leading GOP candidate is talking about ferreting out, arresting, and forcibly removing a population of men, women and children roughly the size of the state of Ohio.”

One day – hopefully soon – when the presidential candidacy of Donald Trump reaches its ignoble end, perhaps we’ll better understand how a real estate mogul-turned-reality TV star turned-politician could become the front-runner in the Republican primary. But for now, we must take Trump at his word: If elected president, he plans to deport all 11 million undocumented immigrants – including their U.S. citizen children. What’s more, Trump claims he’ll do it all within 18 months to two years. It is, according to Trump, just a question of “good management.”

It is surprising, then, that as we head into the second Republican debate Wednesday night at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley, California, that Trump’s brazen call for mass expulsion of all undocumented immigrants has largely escaped scrutiny in the media, either because he isn’t taken seriously or journalists are afraid of offending him and losing access. But now that the “summer of Trump” has turned into fall, it’s high time that someone call on Trump to explain what he means when he declares that undocumented immigrants “have to go.”

We’re left asking this question in 2015: How would Trump actually deport 11 million people in less than two years?

The leading GOP candidate is talking about ferreting out, arresting, and forcibly removing a population of men, women and children roughly the size of the state of Ohio. Setting aside the Constitution for the moment – something most of Trump’s immigration platform ignores – let’s imagine what a grand scale deportation would mean in real terms. It’s frightening, extreme – and decidedly un-American.

First there would be the rooting out of undocumented men, women and children throughout the entire United States. Department of Homeland Security enforcement agents would have to fan out all over the country looking for undocumented immigrants. Since many work in agriculture, we’d likely see agents combing through rural areas and small town America – places like Painesville and Findlay, Ohio.

We got a glimpse of what that would look like in 2008, when Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents raided the Agriprocessors kosher meat packing facility in Postville, Iowa. Hundreds of armed ICE agents swooped into the town – population 2,000 – with helicopters and prison buses to arrest nearly 400 undocumented immigrants, most of whom were Guatemalan laborers. ICE then locked up the immigrants at the National Cattle Congress – which had been turned into a makeshift immigration prison – in nearby Waterloo, where they awaited criminal trials and deportation.

But Postville was just one small town in Iowa. Trump’s mass deportation plan would recreate that disturbing scene in every American community in all 50 states – every county, town and city. As Malcom Harris recently observed, “Sending an amped-up ICE on a mass-deportation mission wouldn’t just be an assault on undocumented people and their families, it would be an attack on American cities, where more than 90 percent of them live.”

DREAMer: Trump’s immigration plans are ‘so inhumane’

Trump’s deportation dragnet would likely start by wreaking havoc on the lives of millions of U.S. citizens. To find undocumented immigrants, immigration enforcement agents would have to whittle down who they question about their immigration status, and that would include interrogating U.S. citizens. Further, because so many undocumented immigrants are part of mixed immigration status families, Americans would be put in the untenable position of having to decide whether to stay in their country, separated from their loved ones facing deportation, or leave the U.S.

In Trump’s America, where the newly inaugurated president would seek to make good on his campaign promise to deport 11 million people within 2 years, what would happen to core American values including family, hard work, community and fairness?

Would our citizens be coerced into becoming immigration informants? Would Americans rat on their neighbors, friends or relatives out of a misguided feeling of patriotism or, perhaps worse, vengeance and retribution? Would undocumented women, children and elderly be exposed to abuse by those who would take advantage of Trump’s deportation machinery to extract control, money or other unspeakable forms of abuse under threat of being exposed to homeland security agents?

Would non-white American citizens and lawful residents be at greater risk of stop, arrest and investigation based on their manner of dress, accent or skin color? And what about unscrupulous employers? One of the strongest arguments in favor of comprehensive immigration reform is that a pathway to earned legal immigration status will reduce workplace exploitation, including sweatshop wages and sexual abuse. One can only imagine the horrible price a corrupt employer might extract from an undocumented immigrant who is desperate to avoid deportation and separation from her family.

Even if Trump were elected president, he would not be able to fulfill many of his draconian promises on immigration – including mass deportation of all undocumented immigrants. Trump’s ugly agenda assumes there is no Constitution, no separation of powers, and no checks and balances which would prevent him from carrying out mass expulsion of undocumented immigrants. Nevertheless, the media has a professional and ethical obligation to the American people to press Trump for specifics on how he would implement his stated immigration agenda, so that voters know exactly what they’d be signing up for if they accept Trump’s offer to “make America great again.”

Tomorrow night in Simi Valley would be a good time to start.

David Leopold practices immigration law in Cleveland, Ohio, and is the past president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/donald-tr...portation-plan
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump is the hard-liner. He said he'll deport them within 2 years, which means that's exactly what he's going to do. Anyone who doubts that hasn't been paying attention. Trump wants Americans to get these jobs, he wants black and unemployed whites and American Hispanics and Asians to get these jobs. Trump wants these people and their anchor babies off our welfare rolls and they and their language and cultural issues out of our schools and hospitals. Sure, there may be a few that figure out a way to apply for re-entry, and maybe some will come back under very strict standards if there's proof we need them for some unknown untold reason at this point. Until then, they'll be out, they won't be our problem, and America will be for Americans of, by and for Americans once again, as it should have been all along.

STAY TRUE!! STAY TRUMP!!

IOWA TRUMP SUPPORTERS: Bring it home for Trump on Feb 1!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Trump is the hard-liner. He said he'll deport them within 2 years, which means that's exactly what he's going to do. Anyone who doubts that hasn't been paying attention. Trump wants Americans to get these jobs, he wants black and unemployed whites and American Hispanics and Asians to get these jobs. Trump wants these people and their anchor babies off our welfare rolls and they and their language and cultural issues out of our schools and hospitals. Sure, there may be a few that figure out a way to apply for re-entry, and maybe some will come back under very strict standards if there's proof we need them for some unknown untold reason at this point. Until then, they'll be out, they won't be our problem, and America will be for Americans of, by and for Americans once again, as it should have been all along.

STAY TRUE!! STAY TRUMP!!

IOWA TRUMP SUPPORTERS: Bring it home for Trump on Feb 1!!
    I'm absolutely certain there are more than 11 million illegals here (more like 20-30 million). Moreover, I believe Trump is just throwing this stuff out there for people like us to have something to grab hold of. Whether he intends on following through with his many promises, I don't know. The bigger question is, is it possible? Personally, I think it's a very unrealistic expectation. Do I support it, yes. Do I think it will happen, no. Do I think Trump is giving us false hope ..... I don't know.

My uncertainty about Trump is why I also support Ted Cruz. I'm torn between the two. Fortunately the picture will become much more clear before the primaries come to North Carolina.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump has already stated that he believes there are 30 million illegal aliens. He's talking about getting all illegal aliens out of here within 2 years. It's the media who says there are only 11 million, not Trump.

For most government people, all politicians, and those who haven't ever really done anything, to quote Trump, "they have no clue". For someone who does things, big things, moving 30 million illegal aliens out of here is very simple really I've explained multiple times on this forum how to remove 20 million a year without spending a dime. I'll not waste my time reciting it here again because I'm sure you've read it.

The solution starts with someone committed to doing it, we have someone, and his name is Donald J Trump. But it's no problem at all if you support someone else, Cruz or otherwise. That's your right.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Trump has already stated that he believes there are 30 million illegal aliens. He's talking about getting all illegal aliens out of here within 2 years. It's the media who says there are only 11 million, not Trump.

For most government people, all politicians, and those who haven't ever really done anything, to quote Trump, "they have no clue". For someone who does things, big things, moving 30 million illegal aliens out of here is very simple really I've explained multiple times on this forum how to remove 20 million a year without spending a dime. I'll not waste my time reciting it here again because I'm sure you've read it.

The solution starts with someone committed to doing it, we have someone, and his name is Donald J Trump. But it's no problem at all if you support someone else, Cruz or otherwise. That's your right.
    No matter what kind of formulas you provide, no one, not even Trump, can get rid of 30 million illegals in less than two years. Even knocking in doors and dragging folks out by their hair for placement on cattle cars headed South wouldn't accomplish that.

The only way to get a large portion of the illegal out in that amount of time would be to promise them a round-trip ticket for an expedited return. Oops, there's that nasty old 'touchback' policy again. Yep, I guess "good management" could include such a proposal.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Yes he can. I've already shown everyone here and everyone who reads and visits our forum how it can be done, and I'm quite confident that message is resounding throughout the country ready to implement as soon as we have President Trump ready to issue the Order. It can actually be done in 18 months.