Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    I think this bailout will collapse the dollar completely because of what has already been done as well the massive size of the bailout..

my question is who's going to back this debt?

or are just going to print some more funny monopoly money?
    Airborn,

This debt is backed by the full faith and credit of the American taxpayers which means that each of us, our children, our grand children and so on will be taxed to death to maintain these debts.

You and me and every American citizen is having an IV tube stuck in our arms that will pump our life blood straight into the hands of wall street "investors"

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    How do you folks feel about it? Should we try to take action?
    I think we should take action, it could be a now or never thing.

Take action. I am calling Congress tomorrow!! Esp. those on the banking committees.

Count me in....

Just got an e-mail from a life-long friend in Australia...they are panicking "down under" also...asking me for advice if they should sell their home and size down to have more "Liguid" assets....

Count me in...just tell me who/when to call...
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

1. Im not sure we can stop this thing. I do not know what the people from the Exec Branch agencies are telling members of Congress behind closed doors but apparently it is enough to scare the hell out of them.

2. So far, Im hearing no mention of what the lack of a bail out would mean for American citizens. Anyone hearing anything about that?

3. If a member of Congress does not support the bail out and the shoe drops now, instead of later when it will be worse, then they get blamed for the consequences right before the elections.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    I cannot voice a stance one way or the other, as the whole financial mess is such a tangle that it is difficult for a normal citizen to figure out. What I would love to see bailed out are American owned businesses employing Americans, without resorting to visas or outsourcing.
    That would mean Americans can pay their debts and no be forclosed on their mortgages.
    Unfortunately, so many of these and the multi-nationals corporations that are employers of Americans are tied up with the institutions of Wall Street and their employee pension plans for American workers are as well. A bank account a normal American has may be wiped out in an instant without federal guarantees (of course, supported by taxpayer dollars). The dollar is being continually diluted by the injection of newly printed cash, borrowing from our dear friends like China, etc., and our future generations are sunk with having to repay that debt.
    We are continually selling off infrastructure to foreigners, and continually looking the other way as our language and culture are being superceded by especially those from Central and Latin America and Mexico, radicals of which are demanding to reclaim part of this country as part of their heritage, which they lost a long time ago. May I say to them: Get over it!
    Unfortunately, not too many in the administration share my opinion, nor do I see any of the candidates having a clue of what is going on with the normal American people.
    Paulson is doing his best, but what we really have is the trickle-down economy that has been the platform of this administration. And if you smash the top, the ruin will trickle down.
    YOU MAKE SOME GOOD POINTS. I THINK THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD STILL PROTECT THE DEPOSITORS. THE FDIC SHOULD STILL COVER THEM. BUT THE COMPANY SHOULD BE SEIZED AND SOLD OFF. AND ISNT AIG AN INSURANCE COMPANY? THOUGHT IT WAS INSURANCE.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    1. Im not sure we can stop this thing. I do not know what the people from the Exec Branch agencies are telling members of Congress behind closed doors but apparently it is enough to scare the hell out of them.

2. So far, Im hearing no mention of what the lack of a bail out would mean for American citizens. Anyone hearing anything about that?

3. If a member of Congress does not support the bail out and the shoe drops now, instead of later when it will be worse, then they get blamed for the consequences right before the elections.

W
    We need to insist on certain conditions before there is a bailout -- no blank check for Paulson.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC

W
    #3. I THINK THIS HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE BAIL OUT. ITS POLITICAL. BECAUSE WHY DOES THE COMPANY HAVE TO STAY IN (PRIVATE) BUSINESS? WHY CANT THE GOVERNMENT SEIZE IT AND TAKE IT OVER? WHY A CASH BAILOUT? OK ITS BIG, AND IT WILL SEND SOME DOMINOES TOPPLING....BUT THAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN ANYWAY. I THINK WE ARE IN FOR TOUGH TIMES. FURTHERMORE, WE CAN EXPECT MORE OF THE SAME IN THE FUTURE IF COMPANIES THINK THEY ARE "TOO BIG TO FAIL".

I don't mean to take this off topic, but this might be related and it might be important. I am posting a link about Morgan Stanley and another company changing their status. In the comment sections someone makes the following comment:

"Folks, We have just been sold out to China! Our government has made a closed door deal which gives China full access to the "bailout funds." China owns (or will shortly) 49% of MS and wil now be in a wonderful position to control all aspects of U.S. policy. Welcome to communism and being part of the great Chinese empire!!"

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=5853422
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a burglar an uninvited house guest."

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast